Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM training after a breakup [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]

"Hopefully lesson learned, and she trains properly and enjoys a half ironman or something before attempting this distance again."

She may be having to do the same races that Lance does for a year or so if she winds up being banned.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.

Re: IM training after a breakup [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]

Yeah once I saw her running around 3 hour 13.1's I knew it just didn't add up. Oh well..

Re: IM training after a breakup [KoNP] [ In reply to ]

KoNP wrote:
What I think you fail to realize is that the people who post in this thread are doing it because they want to, not because some mastermind tricked them all into posting here. Despite what you may think this is actually fun/entertaining for some people.

Yeah, I think that was kinda my point.....unfortunately.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Re: IM training after a breakup [Power13] [ In reply to ]

In my short time at slow twitch. This thread has been one of the craziest things I've read.

Escalated so quickly

Re: IM training after a breakup [Newyorkfan21] [ In reply to ]

Newyorkfan21 wrote:
Yeah once I saw her running around 3 hour 13.1's I knew it just didn't add up. Oh well..

We would all like to believe otherwise but nobody goes from running stand alone 5ks @ 11 minute miles to
running their very first IM split at 9 minute pace. She said she ran 24 miles @ 9ish and walked the last two.

People who are willing to swallow that story simply don't know much about running.

do that thing.

Re: IM training after a breakup [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]

How often do you see someone ride 13.62 mph on the bike (without any kind of mechanical issues) and then follow that up with a 4:08 marathon during an Ironman race? 4:08 is top 10 in her AG. A very impressive time, especially if you walked the last 2 miles. This is after she reported that her training suffered because she was recovering from injuries and is there to "just finish"

Re: IM training after a breakup [TravisT] [ In reply to ]

I said I saw the screen shot that was posted. Nick analyzed the file.

The screen shot matched up enough for me.

If something far more sinister happened then I feel like a fool. But that's on someone else to provide proof of.

I just came back on here only to see this thread still going.

Amazing.

Tim

Tim

Re: IM training after a breakup [zoom] [ In reply to ]

the clincher was when she said she was doing a lot of training with Paul Ryan.

do that thing.

Re: IM training after a breakup [ferchkc09] [ In reply to ]

ferchkc09 wrote:
In my short time at slow twitch. This thread has been one of the craziest things I've read.

Escalated so quickly

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

Re: IM training after a breakup [iJen0311] [ In reply to ]

If you did deliberately cut the course Jen - and its looking like you did from the Sportstats evidence- will you or have you considered seeking mental health attention for help in dealing with issues you might have?? These 'issues' must surely rear their ugly heads in your everyday life at work , in relationships and with family.....no??

Hope you can find some answers for why a grown woman would blatantly cheat in some fringe sporting event for weekend warriors and then pose for a post race picture ...with medal and big proud smile ...and then post it on the web ?!?

Re: IM training after a breakup [ferchkc09] [ In reply to ]

It gets like that sometimes here.

Disclaimer: I have been watching this all afternoon and wasted well over an hour or two watching this thing unfold. I had nothing to do today and it's been quite interesting.

But go back and take a look at her history of threads she has commented on! This girl was clearly very interested in cheaters and how they did it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com

Re: IM training after a breakup [sylvan] [ In reply to ]

sylvan wrote:
We won't let somebody stay DQ'd if the performance is legit and we won't let an illegit performance stand. We work very closely with the Ironman refs before, during and after the events to make sure the results are complete and correct. Obviously they get the final call and they have access to any of our data whenever they need it.

I won't comment on the full case here, but I'll clarify the swim and T1 times. We had two sets of wires (2 for redundancy/backup) strung all the way across the exit of the swim to catch both the lap and finish. The first pass goes into the lap, the second into the swim. For whatever reason #461 had only one pass recorded, therefore it went into the lap and there was no final time for the swim. The IM tracker calculates all intermediate splits by subtracting the time of the previous split. In the case of T1 for 461 there was no previous split so it gave total running time for T1 - 1:22:59.

461 has a swim time recorded at 8:08:39 (7:00:00 start) and a T1 time recorded at 8:22:59. So T1 was 14:20. After that the bike splits at 15/33/55/72 & 95 miles were recorded normally. I could assume that 8:08:39 was the second pass of the swim and just move it from the lap to the swim, but I'm not going to make an assumption like that during or after the race until I can figure out what really happened - obviously some people do cut loop courses, either intentionally or not. I announced at the athletes' meeting on Thursday night that we had 1 swim split, 5 bike splits and 11 run splits, so don't even think about a short-cut. That's going to apply doubly at IMAZ - we'll have even more splits with the 3-lap bike and run courses. There's no way a short performance is going to stand. Even if intermittent chip reads are claimed, the order in which they occur at the various locations and the corresponding times will show what really happened. If it's legit, it'll stand and if a DQ was applied it'll be removed. If not...

Glad to know you guys are trying to stay ahead of the game.

Re: IM training after a breakup [claughery] [ In reply to ]

claughery wrote:
It gets like that sometimes here.

Disclaimer: I have been watching this all afternoon and wasted well over an hour or two watching this thing unfold. I had nothing to do today and it's been quite interesting.

But go back and take a look at her history of threads she has commented on! This girl was clearly very interested in cheaters and how they did it.

Pretty telling quote on the IMLP cheater thread from her.

"Because you swim one loop, get out and run and start a second loop. There's not much to stop people from doing one loop if all they desired was a finisher's medal. "