Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
Pettrifier wrote:
Great thanks. Not sure if this has been asked but can't figure out how to pull up month or week data from previous years. i.e. So I can compare Jan 2016 to Jan 2017

Cool, and yes, reporting questions have bene asked. I'm working on this still. Have been having some good ideas and I'll be trying them out shortly.

In the meantime, you can see prior full year views by sport by going to the More button on Year to Date.

-Eric

Thanks for adding monthly views under the "more" button. Can we get a SBR breakdown in the totals? Additionally, SBR totals for the week as well (on the calendar so we can go back in time to a particular week). These are the two biggest things I miss from the old log.

Thanks Eric!
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stelvio wrote:
Thanks for adding monthly views under the "more" button. Can we get a SBR breakdown in the totals? Additionally, SBR totals for the week as well (on the calendar so we can go back in time to a particular week). These are the two biggest things I miss from the old log.

Thanks Eric!

You're very welcome, and good suggestions. I've put both those items on the list. I think these two requests might be what tip us over the edge into a kind of awesome, generic, flexible reporting framework. Watch out! :-D

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eric, could we please have a Feb. swim challenge? Same setup as January's.
Thanks!
tc

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not going to scroll thru the pages to see if this has been asked, so here goes.
Trying to enter a workout on my iPhone. I'm able to enter the data in the pop-up, but then it loses focus and the background scrolls with finger wiping and I can't get to the Done or Submit button.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Eric, could we please have a Feb. swim challenge? Same setup as January's.
Thanks!
tc

Done!! And the admin interface for challenges is on the list still :-)

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HalfSpeed wrote:
I'm not going to scroll thru the pages to see if this has been asked, so here goes.
Trying to enter a workout on my iPhone. I'm able to enter the data in the pop-up, but then it loses focus and the background scrolls with finger wiping and I can't get to the Done or Submit button.

Yikes, that's awful!! I can't imagine a more frustrating bug except perhaps a "Saving..." followed by a "Just kidding!". I'll get that right to the top of the high priorities and get it fixed. I have one already to make sure the mobile experience is solid. Sorry!!!

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried finding the answers because I can't be the only person in this situation... sorry if this has already been hashed out.

I logged 60 min on TrainerRoad session this morning. I use a Stages Power Meter and don't use the TrainerRoad spindown thingy (I don't think it lets me). So, I have time data, power data, HR data, TSS, but no number of miles. If I don't put in a distance I don't get any aerobic points. What to do?

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLOgoing wrote:
I tried finding the answers because I can't be the only person in this situation... sorry if this has already been hashed out.

I logged 60 min on TrainerRoad session this morning. I use a Stages Power Meter and don't use the TrainerRoad spindown thingy (I don't think it lets me). So, I have time data, power data, HR data, TSS, but no number of miles. If I don't put in a distance I don't get any aerobic points. What to do?

How much TSS would you end up with during a 1 hour 30 kilometer ride near where you live. Or how many kilojoules would you consume. You can probably convert to something close for your normal outdoor distance and manually enter that distance your log and that should be "fair" in terms of comparing your outdoor and indoor rides.
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLOgoing wrote:

So I do have fields for this stuff in the log, but what we haven't done is established anything other than distance that can contribute to Aerobic Points.

I personally do what Dev does: either estimate or use the value from the spin bike for this type of effort. You probably know what X watts translates into in terms of miles per hour.

I'd certainly be open to enhancing the log's behavior in this case, if we can pin it down.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,
I was looking at my log for the month of February and there is an extra run workout listed as 2017-02-00. (I have no idea how it even uploaded with that date). I tried to edit then delete but it says there is a server error and won't let me do anything. It looks like it's a duplicate entry from 2017-02-08. I was wondering if you could delete it? Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [Habs4ever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Habs4ever wrote:
Hi Eric,
I was looking at my log for the month of February and there is an extra run workout listed as 2017-02-00. (I have no idea how it even uploaded with that date). I tried to edit then delete but it says there is a server error and won't let me do anything. It looks like it's a duplicate entry from 2017-02-08. I was wondering if you could delete it? Thank you!

That seems wrong :-) I'll get it!

Thanks,

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric, is the Training Log down today? I've been traveling and haven't logged since last week so maybe I missed something...

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks to be down
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [thetriranger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is down at 9:25 EST. Not the end of the world, but would be good to know the target time when it comes back up.
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
It is down at 9:25 EST. Not the end of the world, but would be good to know the target time when it comes back up.

Hey everybody, we're back up. Looks like there was some unannounced server maintenance. Everything should be fine now. I'll make sure that I do some work to ensure that next time this happens the outage is way more minimal!

Thanks,

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric, Thanks for the new log. I haven't tracked anything for years because I never liked anything that was out there. This one serves me very well. Kudos for all the hard work.
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [RobAllen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RobAllen wrote:
Eric, Thanks for the new log. I haven't tracked anything for years because I never liked anything that was out there. This one serves me very well. Kudos for all the hard work.

Hey, thank you, that's really nice. And keep in mind, we have something that no other log has: a developer who listens to the community :-) so if you want anything different, speak on up!

Cheers,

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi ETB, could we please have a March swim challenge, same as the Jan. and Feb. ones? Thank you!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same with me, all day yesterday and still not working this morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [TheKoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here, training log seems to be down again.
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [TheKoz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same problem for me as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anna s wrote:
Eric I can't get into the training log. I keep getting ERR-connection refused. :-(
Can you help?
Thanks,
anna

Hey Anna,

Sorry, the log was down for a bit. I'm still fiddling with the new service protocol on it, and so when it gets rebooted it doesn't yet fully restore all the running applications. This time the database came back but not the web server. I apologize, it's back up now, and it's my highest priority to prevent this kind of outage in the future.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anna s wrote:
Thanks Eric, I knew you would be able to work your magic and get things up and running asap :-)

Now I have a new problem. I entered my last swim and changed the date. I seem to have just deleted the day 02 and didn't change it to 01 (or something like that). Now for that swim unit the date reads 2017-04-00 and the system won't let me change or delete this session. Could you please either change the date to 2017-04-01 or delete this session - whatever is easiest!

Thanks Eric :-)

Hey, I found this workout and fixed it to 2017-04-01 -- sorry about that, I think we have a date change glitch in there that's making that not work. It did save an invalid date all the way to the database. Interesting. It should be good now.

-Eric
Quote Reply

Prev Next