Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread
Quote | Reply
We've got a new training log. Details here. And you can find it at: log.slowtwitch.com. Fire away with questions.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you log in metric?

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just quickly been looking around. I like the first look!

You can log miles, yards, meters, kilometers and laps (SCY).

I'm wondering though, we have the "Sync: Strava" option now.. but what do I do with it?
Any button will just close the log screen, if I link in an activity nothing changes either..
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks good.. a couple of questions.

I don't see an input box or dropdown for equipment in the log a workout. I assume it groups like things for example, indoor cycling, mountain bike riding and road cycling all into cycling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks good. It seems everyone has to sign up for the challenges again (eg 100 run)

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
georged wrote:
Can you log in metric?

Yes-ish. There are distance types for metric and imperial, and I can add more, and each one has a base conversion factor to / from kilometers, so any distance can be reported in any other distance once I wire it in. I also added a user option for imperial or metric as a preference, although I haven't figured out how that will tie to activities (which have a default distance type attached to them -- they might need a default metric and a default imperial).

Youri wrote:
I'm wondering though, we have the "Sync: Strava" option now.. but what do I do with it?
Any button will just close the log screen, if I link in an activity nothing changes either..

So far, it's just a place to hold a Strava activity id. Wiring in the 3rd party options is very high on the priority list for the new year!

jimruns wrote:
I don't see an input box or dropdown for equipment in the log a workout. I assume it groups like things for example, indoor cycling, mountain bike riding and road cycling all into cycling.

When you add equipment items, you pick which activities they apply to and then they become available for selection in the edit box. I have a known issue where updating the activity type does NOT refresh available equipment but I'm going to fix it tonight.

Chri55 wrote:
It seems everyone has to sign up for the challenges again (eg 100 run)

Only if you want to get going right away before the forced conversion. Once we move the data over, all the challenge entrants will be moved as well.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Keep it coming.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric and Jordan,

I have a number of questions. Some related to 100/100.

1. There is 7 years of historical data at training.slowtwitch.com. Will this be pulled into the new log or kept separate
  2. The reason for asking for the above, is at this moment it appears all the 100/100 data since Dec 15th on the old log is not being sucked into the new log. Also new data that i have added for yesterday's workouts are not showing up in my old log at training.slowtwitch.com. Hopefully it all gets merged.
  3. For the 100/100, we allow regular road runs, treadmill runs, snowshoe runs (only running time counts, not walking), and trail runs. These are all different categories. Which of these categoies does the 100/100 challenge pull in. If it is only "running" then I need to instruct participants in the 100/100 to only enter under "running" regardless of what they actually did so it gets pulled into the challenge
  4. I see there are some cycling oriented metrics like power max, power average, KJ. It would be nice to add perhaps equivalent swim and run metrics like average speed for running and max 1 kilometer/1 mile speed. And for swimming maybe best 100m average pace. Maybe those fields flip out of power mode to pace mode if your sport selected is swim or run?
  5. Any option to upload from Garmin Connect?
  6. The "year to date" field in the top right corner of the landing page is showing my totals in hours when in reality it is minutes. I have only entered 2 works so far of 35 min and 60 min and it's showing 95 hours not 95 min

I'll have more questions as I use, but I hope you can quickly merge the old and new databases. If not, all the users on the old database are in a dilemma. We'll likely stay on the old one till the new year just to finish off the year on the old. But I hope they get merged. We have ~400 on the 100/100 and it would be a mess to ask everyone to re enter into the new even if it is only 1 week of workouts.
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the new training log - GREAT JOB!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
  1. The "year to date" field in the top right corner of the landing page is showing my totals in hours when in reality it is minutes. I have only entered 2 works so far of 35 min and 60 min and it's showing 95 hours not 95 min

The only fields right now are hours and minutes - no seconds (I just had to edit my workouts to reflect this). Can we add a seconds field?

Also, the "edit profile" button that should let you change your preferences does absolutely nothing right now.

Your hard work is appreciated, Eric.

Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Eric and Jordan,

1. There is 7 years of historical data at training.slowtwitch.com. Will this be pulled into the new log or kept separate
  2. The reason for asking for the above, is at this moment it appears all the 100/100 data since Dec 15th on the old log is not being sucked into the new log. Also new data that i have added for yesterday's workouts are not showing up in my old log at training.slowtwitch.com. Hopefully it all gets merged.
  3. For the 100/100, we allow regular road runs, treadmill runs, snowshoe runs (only running time counts, not walking), and trail runs. These are all different categories. Which of these categoies does the 100/100 challenge pull in. If it is only "running" then I need to instruct participants in the 100/100 to only enter under "running" regardless of what they actually did so it gets pulled into the challenge
  4. I see there are some cycling oriented metrics like power max, power average, KJ. It would be nice to add perhaps equivalent swim and run metrics like average speed for running and max 1 kilometer/1 mile speed. And for swimming maybe best 100m average pace. Maybe those fields flip out of power mode to pace mode if your sport selected is swim or run?
  6. The "year to date" field in the top right corner of the landing page is showing my totals in hours when in reality it is minutes. I have only entered 2 works so far of 35 min and 60 min and it's showing 95 hours not 95 min

I'll have more questions as I use, but I hope you can quickly merge the old and new databases. If not, all the users on the old database are in a dilemma. We'll likely stay on the old one till the new year just to finish off the year on the old. But I hope they get merged. We have ~400 on the 100/100 and it would be a mess to ask everyone to re enter into the new even if it is only 1 week of workouts.

1) I am planning to convert every record from the old database. The only real snag will be if people are putting in duplicates. I'd suggest against it. By the end of this week (the end of Christmas day), everything will be moved over.

2) Data in the new log will never go back to the old log.

3) For the challenge, I wired it so any activity in the Running group is included. So currently that's Treadmill, Running, and Trail Running. Should I add a Snowshoe Running activity?

4) I'll take a todo for this: those fields being cycling-specific, and then some run and swim-specific ones. For run, average pace, max pace, fastest mile? For swim, average pace/100 yds or meters, max pace/100, what else?

5) Garmin Connect will be coming soon.

6) I'll fix this.

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mistressk wrote:
The only fields right now are hours and minutes - no seconds (I just had to edit my workouts to reflect this). Can we add a seconds field?

Also, the "edit profile" button that should let you change your preferences does absolutely nothing right now.

Your hard work is appreciated, Eric.

Thanks so much. So to clarify, do you wish you could have seconds on the duration, or the start time, or both?

And yes, I'm aware of the missing preferences edit box. Until this week, when I went from 2 to hundreds of users, it was a pretty low priority. I'll be putting it together soon, and it's on the list.

Thanks again!

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Attaboy jmitch. Keep it weird.
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wcb wrote:

Yes -- the verb for "Other" is "did something weird". I guess I could change it to "Othered". LOL.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wcb wrote:

I hope he isn't the security guard from the Chargers game.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
Thanks so much. So to clarify, do you wish you could have seconds on the duration, or the start time, or both?

Duration - I don't think anyone is data junkie enough to care about start time being down to the second.

Quote | Reply
Oh this looks good.

Two thoughts early on.... can we add yoga to the activities list? I'm not into it but a lot of people, especially older athletes, for recovery reasons. And two, at some point can we look at publishing an API that can be used to programmatically access the data? That would open up integration possibilities such as uploading from Garmins and other GPS devices.
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Oh this looks good.

Two thoughts early on.... can we add yoga to the activities list? I'm not into it but a lot of people, especially older athletes, for recovery reasons. And two, at some point can we look at publishing an API that can be used to programmatically access the data? That would open up integration possibilities such as uploading from Garmins and other GPS devices.

Yoga, I'll add it. I'm still looking for an A and a Z so we can have A-Z :-D

As for an API, you're talking about the training log being a data provider and having folks hook up to it in order to pull information out? No idea on that one, it's a cool thought for sure. Hadn't considered it.

Thanks,

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any way to find out the data base structure, and some links to get access to the data? I would love to make some reports on this using tableau. Can probably do some really cool stuff there instead of you trying to do it all by hand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you sync with third party APIs like Strava / Garmin Connect? No way I'm manually logging my workouts.
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
Can you sync with third party APIs like Strava / Garmin Connect? No way I'm manually logging my workouts.

That is one of the highest priority items to add right now. So no for now, but hopefully very soon.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to hear it's in the works!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:

Yoga, I'll add it. I'm still looking for an A and a Z so we can have A-Z :-D

Archery and Zumba!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Eric and Jordan,

1) I am planning to convert every record from the old database. The only real snag will be if people are putting in duplicates. I'd suggest against it. By the end of this week (the end of Christmas day), everything will be moved over.

2) Data in the new log will never go back to the old log.

3) For the challenge, I wired it so any activity in the Running group is included. So currently that's Treadmill, Running, and Trail Running. Should I add a Snowshoe Running activity?

4) I'll take a todo for this: those fields being cycling-specific, and then some run and swim-specific ones. For run, average pace, max pace, fastest mile? For swim, average pace/100 yds or meters, max pace/100, what else?

5) Garmin Connect will be coming soon.

6) I'll fix this.

Thank you!

Erik if you can suck in snowshoe running into the "running" activity group it would be helpful for the 100%. I'll instruct the "virtual campers" to only submit the distance "run" and put the rest into a separate entry for walking. It's complicated but I think this is the best option....unless you want to add snowshoe run and snowshoe walk as two distinct activities. If that is viable then it's the easiest path.

Thanks for working on Xmas day to do the cutover. As I get my bearings around the new log, I'll continue to provide feedback on potential enhancements. The run and swim pace fields are good if you can add those.

Oh yeah, one more request. From the ST forum on the top bar of tabs can we have a new tab for training log. Right now it is embedded under the training tab that gives a number of options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couple of things:
1) looks so great, thank you.
2) I'm begging you, BEGGING you to leave "other" as "did something weird" - that's so perfectly ST
3) How freaked out should I be that yesterday I was atop the leader board in frequency of the 100/100 with 10 runs and today I'm not even listed after throwing in my 1 run from this morning? This is a sad, sad moment for me but one I'm willing to suffer through hoping that I'm right in understanding that you're doing to move all my (and everybody else's) runs over to the new set up.

Thanks again for this it's super fine!

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official New Log.Slowtwitch.Com Training Log Thread [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
2) I'm begging you, BEGGING you to leave "other" as "did something weird" - that's so perfectly ST
/quote]

+1
Quote Reply

Prev Next