Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It makes complete and perfect sense to me. Assos said the same when they introduced their new "unhinged" line of bibs (the S7 generation) - let the pad stick to the body and the shorts move with the legs, and concentrate the friction between pad and shorts rather than pad and legs.

It just strikes me as an inelegant solution, though - one could integrate a "liner short" of sorts into the suit, which would solve that problem for those who don't have them custom made (or heard of the Mako brief). I know that my CS Elite and Apex Speedsuit have a "modesty panel" (seriously, that's the name!) built into the front that moves separately from the exterior of the suit, and I guess that concept could be expanded. Or create a lower-friction environment to begin with (Skinfit's approach, with the super-slick fabric and soft fleece "pad"). On the other hand, my higher-end suits never really rubbed against my skin but rather moved with it - which may not leave much to the spectator's imagination, but kept my nether regions happy.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [afurlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know of a sleeved suit without padding?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought I would throw this in the mix. I saw this on another thread although it is not on Zoot's website.

http://www.wiggle.com/...-aero-skinsuit-2015/
Last edited by: ibetri: Feb 28, 15 10:02
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [ibetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice find! I'll give it a shot as Zoot suits seem to fit me well.

Edit: my size is out of stock :/
Last edited by: GreenPlease: Feb 28, 15 7:39
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know it's not a one piece, but I really like the De Soto top with sleeves. I wear it with the tri bibs on long rides and 70.3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is Huubs suit http://huubdesign.com/...long-course-tri-suit

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoping that with the Aero Camp 3.0 having wrapped up over a week ago, we might get some new deets/trends from what came out...

Paging:
Stover
Dotson

anyone in attendance!

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought I would chime in with what I should be getting soon. Hincapie Velocity skinsuit but with a pad from their tri line. I'll do a few bike/run workouts to see if it's even feasible; I like their tri kits, and I've raced some TTs in their skinsuits so it's just a matter if this fabric works for running too.

http://www.hincapie.com/custom/collections/velocity/C502M14/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
afurlong wrote:
Hoping that with the Aero Camp 3.0 having wrapped up over a week ago, we might get some new deets/trends from what came out...

Paging:
Stover
Dotson

anyone in attendance!

If you're going to buy without testing, then go with the LG M2 Tri Skin.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you guys test the Kiwami Kona Wings this time around? I've been looking for an excuse to go back to two-piece.

Support cancer research with the world's longest annual charity bike ride.
Texas 4000 for Cancer
Austin, TX to Anchorage, Alaska
http://texas4000.org/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
afurlong wrote:

Paging:
Stover
Dotson

anyone in attendance!

Does it have to be the one piece or will the top alone garner that kind of comment? Obviously the one piece will test faster but for those who don't want to run in a one piece...

http://www.louisgarneau.com/in-en/product/826878/1020793/Triathlon_Tops/COURSE_M-2_TRIATHLON_JERSEY
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [santino314] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
santino314 wrote:
Did you guys test the Kiwami Kona Wings this time around? I've been looking for an excuse to go back to two-piece.

Yes, a few participants tested it. It's up to them to share the info. :-)

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
Jim@EROsports wrote:
afurlong wrote:

Paging:
Stover
Dotson

anyone in attendance!

Does it have to be the one piece or will the top alone garner that kind of comment? Obviously the one piece will test faster but for those who don't want to run in a one piece...

http://www.louisgarneau.com/in-en/product/826878/1020793/Triathlon_Tops/COURSE_M-2_TRIATHLON_JERSEY

As long as the fit around the shoulder and neck is good, it should be beneficial. The key is not the upper arms, but the shoulders and neck area.

There are other considerations, but we hope to do a comprehensive series of tests in the very near future to help athletes who can't test choose what would likely work best for them. You will gain "Insight"

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Jim@EROsports wrote:

As long as the fit around the shoulder and neck is good, it should be beneficial. The key is not the upper arms, but the shoulders and neck area.

Interesting. I have my eye on HUUB's DS Long Course. Did you have one of these at Aero Camp?

/Howie Nordström
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [lllusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't tested nor seen one yet.

Lots of companies have sleeved suits out - not all of them are very aero. Not saying anything good or bad about the HUUB, it's just that many are jumping on the bandwagon without any real R&D. For instance, if you look at the Castelli, LG, Pearl Izumi, Cuore, and perhaps a few others, you're beginning to see a convergence of design much like what we've seen with bike frames. It's helpful to know if there are any independent tests to verify whether or not a suit is fast.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thank you so much for chiming it!

i know it takes a lot for you to recommend a "based on percentages" kit... i will be checking out.

and as to the person that asked about the Kiwami Kona suit... haven't seen any numbers or anything official, only heard speculation. But like Jim, I'd prefer to not steal others' thunder.

----
@adamwfurlong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did anyone have a scody AIR suit on hand? I have that with an octane, and they both *feel* very different, im curious if their were any trends in data? sorry Jim, you might get a barrage of questions come through now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered the M2 one piece so should be getting it in a month or so if you still need feedback. Still can't believe I'm a small! But don't want that thing loose and wrinkly.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:

Do you mean testing as in trying it on, or testing as in getting into the tunnel?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:
did anyone have a scody AIR suit on hand? I have that with an octane, and they both *feel* very different, im curious if their were any trends in data? sorry Jim, you might get a barrage of questions come through now

There was a Scody on hand, but I don't remember at the moment how many people tested it. I think two, but it all becomes a blur after awhile.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
Jim@EROsports wrote:

Do you mean testing as in trying it on, or testing as in getting into the tunnel?

Ideally you would aero test a suit before purchasing to know whether or not it works for you; it's really the only sure way to know, and the same is true for pretty much all things aero. If you're like most people; however, you won't be able to do that, so from the results we've done over the past few months, the LG is a good bet.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:

Ok that is good to know, I picked up a used PI off here in a large which fit me overall well but was loose in the arms and shoulders a little. Medium (another good deal) showed up last night and tried it on, bear to get into but fits well once on in the neck and shoulder area but still despite having largish arms for this sport (not large overall though) was fairly wrinkled there. At 6'1 180 I couldn't imagine someone my height but 160 trying to get into a small, their balls would be yanked up to their navel.

Now lets hope I don't tear a nipple off catching the zipper on a piercing at PR this weekend.

Edit just looked at the LG, the sleeve material/patter on it looks very similar to the PI wonder if it is smaller/stretchier for a given size. I do like how the zipper seems to go a litte further down and then has the flaps, probably much easier to get into in a hurry compared to the PI.. hmmm
Last edited by: mrtopher1980: Mar 10, 15 6:19
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The LG is way easier to get into than the PI suit in my opinion. I used the PI suit last year but ended up shrinking out of it so I got an LG small. The arms and shoulders fit me way better in the LG suit. The material on the LG is quite a bit more breathable than it is on the PI. I think I will like that as well.

Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
... so from the results we've done over the past few months, the LG is a good bet.
My only concern with the LG is all the black. Honu, Boulder & Kona are hot and sunny.

/Howie Nordström
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [Sbradley11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbradley11 wrote:
The LG is way easier to get into than the PI suit in my opinion. I used the PI suit last year but ended up shrinking out of it so I got an LG small. The arms and shoulders fit me way better in the LG suit. The material on the LG is quite a bit more breathable than it is on the PI. I think I will like that as well.

Good to know, since I Was hemorrhaging cash before this race I just sort of went by what is known to work decent and what I could find for good prices. I'm sure it will be faster than the 2pc setup I was using last year which I also put the top on in T1 but I had that down seconds. This takes a bit more. I did practice last night while running up and down my stairs stripping the swim skin halfway down and starting to pull the top half of the PI on. Maybe someone will have one at the expo for me to at least check out in person.
Quote Reply

Prev Next