Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey! Those are my guns you are talking about. Nowadays I find myself envying the smaller calibers.

Can you respond to the previous post about arm position, but specific to my position in the pic just above?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoffmeister wrote:
What is your conclusion on the aero race 5? Aero wise it doesn't seem much different from the t1 stealth and it is considerably cheaper.

Would it be possible to swim in a t1 stealth / aero race 5.0 with the zipper undone (wetsuit legal)?

A few others have responded that they went with the zipper zipped up a few inches. I race with it completely unzipped, with most of the fabric pushed in the back of my wetsuit. I didn't notice it at all, no constricting.

My first race in it I didn't have any time to test and that seem like it would work and it did. I have raced 3 times with it that way and worked all three no problem. One with a short run out of the water took me a bit extra to zip up and I feel that I don't run as fast to my bike while zipping up but that is minimal.

BTW I tested trying to put it on when I was wet and IIRC it took me an extra 20-25 seconds over if I was dry that's why I went with it under the wetsuit. The tough part of getting arms in is already done.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [Jayhox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jayhox wrote:
Posted in another thread and remembered this thread:

ChampSys for me. Wore the sleeved version in a 70.3 this weekend in brutal conditions and it was great! And, yes, we are Team Banana Hammocks. :-) And, no, they weren't pacing me.

High jacking this thread a bit but your saddle seems to be way too incline (but it might be only the pic though). Btw cool color scheme on your P5.

-D
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [DavidBL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just pulled the pin on one of these

http://www.enshop.atexsport.cz/atexsport/eshop/2-1-Triathlon/6-2-tri-jerseys/5/27-Triathlon-suit-FLINT

Went for a large I'm 6'1" and 185lbs think it's going to be on the snug side but hoping it's good fit.

Cost 104 euro's shipped to the Uk so about $120

Last edited by: ajmooseman: Jun 16, 15 9:24
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, I emailed PI with my sizing (190 lbs with a wrestlers build, 5'11.5, 41 in chest, 33 waist, 38 hip). They shot back and said i should be in a large. Does that sound right to everyone? I have usually gone medium..

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [Hennessyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hennessyr wrote:
So, I emailed PI with my sizing (190 lbs with a wrestlers build, 5'11.5, 41 in chest, 33 waist, 38 hip). They shot back and said i should be in a large. Does that sound right to everyone? I have usually gone medium..

No. Go medium. Large would be way too long and baggy in the wrong places. I had the medium and small in that suit at 5'-11", 30" waist, and 39-40" chest and the medium was way too loose. Large would not fit you in an aero sense.

Quote | Reply
I'd go medium.
I've got a large "barrel" shaped chest and am, 5'10" with 42" chest and 32" waist, 170lbs. Medium fits me fine, not baggy and not too tight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd go medium.
I've got a large "barrel" shaped chest and am, 5'10" with 42" chest and 32" waist, 170lbs. Medium fits me fine, not baggy and not too tight.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [dah5609] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Thoughts on these pictures? I realize they are not great but I am just trying to get an idea of what is better, that or my sleeveless

- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Last edited by: Hennessyr: Jun 17, 15 5:58
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [dah5609] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd agree with that. I'm 5'-11" 152ish and own a medium. I've worn it about 6 races now (tri and TT) and it's definitely a little loose on me in the arms and legs. Length is fine, but I'm just not a big enough guy. Absolutely awesome feeling suit. I'm just waiting for a deal on a small. But maybe a small will make it hard to swim?

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmscat50 wrote:
I'd agree with that. I'm 5'-11" 152ish and own a medium. I've worn it about 6 races now (tri and TT) and it's definitely a little loose on me in the arms and legs. Length is fine, but I'm just not a big enough guy. Absolutely awesome feeling suit. I'm just waiting for a deal on a small. But maybe a small will make it hard to swim?

I have a small sleeveless for sale in the Classifieds. Awesome suit and alternative to the sleeved. Same aero material.

Quote | Reply
Hennessyr wrote:

I am 6'1 with a 42 inch chest and a 34 inch waist. The large fit me perfectly.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a large and a medium... no clue my measurements since I wear shorts and t-shirts to work :).. but 6'1 lets call it 185.

The large was a little too loose in my shoulders and upper arms, wrinkled up more than I like.

The medium is better fitting in the shoulders and fine on the bike but I can feel it compressing me on the run more than I like, not around my muscles I mean up down and my junk is basically in my belly button. It also makes it a little difficult to get into it in a hurry.

5'11 range probably good for a medium, any taller large will fit you height wise the best but depending on build maybe loose.

Can't decide if I want to sell the medium and have the large taken in around the arms a bit or sell both and try something else. I have no clue what upper body build PI had in mind when they designed this suit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sooo. Any thoughts on how that is fitting based on the pictures?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha. I sold my Octane a long time ago. I had wrinkles in the sleeves. It's hard to not have wrinkles

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay. So my question is, are those wrinkles less aerodynamic than a sleeveless, tight fitting 1 piece?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Without going to a wind tunnel and everything I have read, yes, wrinkles are not as aero. But that's just one part of the equation. You also have your back covered and your arms. So it could be a more aero than a sleeveless suit. Personally, the sun protection alone is one huge reason to ride with a sleeved tri suit. Wrinkles happen and no suit is perfect. Keep the suit and race with it

Last edited by: BryanD: Jun 17, 15 11:48
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i am 5'11, 160ish, i wear a small no problem, and if wetsuit legal worn it with sleeves up no issues.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
i am 5'11, 160ish, i wear a small no problem, and if wetsuit legal worn it with sleeves up no issues.

Shiiiiiiit... really? We're the same size and I just bought a medium :-/

I knew I would end up ordering the LG M2 top (not suit)!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to clarify: PI Octane, yes size small, fits great!

BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you

I struggled to get the aero race jersey on when wet and got a Castelli BP suit. Even then, it felt more restrictive to me when swimming with it unizpped vs. the top off and stashed behind the back, although my swim times were fairly close in a test. I will probably swim the the top off in IM and with the top on and zipper undone in 70.3 and shorter.

I got a size L BP tri suit (1.92m / 78kg) and the suit fits me well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a picture of me with my LG course suit. It is a size small and I am about 6 ft upper 158-160ish for races. Happy to see no real wrinkles. I tried to wear it unzipped and on for the swim but after the warm up realized it was not comfortable at all. But did not lose more than 5 seconds in T1. Had enough time during the short run to get my wetsuit down and the arms in my suit so all I had to do was zip it up. Very happy with the comfort and, hopefully, aerodynamics of the suit.[/img]

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [ajmooseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well Atex Flint suit arrived on Monday

Overall the quality seems very good, the fabric is soft and smooth and even shiny in some places.
Colour way is a lot nicer than the pic's the red blend's into a deeper and red and nice detail on pin stripes on the white shoulder.
I went for a large as mentioned, most of my adult life I've bought XL in everything, but my weights coming down and body shape is starting to look pretty athletic ;-)

The suit is tight, but tight in a good way, zipping it I've gotta breath in but once in it feels snug but not in a restrictive way. It's and a nice fabric flap behind the zipper length

On the bike it feels great, there quite high neck/collar but it's soft and I think I'll get used to that. Pad is quite thin, again not a problem. Did a 30 min test run on the bike and all was good.

1 hour treadmill was comfortable, with the zipper full up I felt a little restricted and warm but that's me in the garage, zip down a little and chest has a bit more breathing space, and all the way down it lets it all hang out. ;-)

Swim session this morning and now restriction felt what so ever suit felt good in the water (pool swim with no wetsuit)

So all in all very happy with the suit especially at the price, I'm no AG podium guy or anything like that, I'm just happy to complete, looking forward to using in anger at Lake Placid,
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [ajmooseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any experience with any of the Skinfit suits? I actually have the shorts and sleeveless top, just not sure if I want to drop almost $350 on their sleeveless tri suit or streamliner.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Aero Tri Suit Thread - 2015 [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:

Curious if you ended up ordering the M2 top. I'm looking at that versus the suit and was curious since there's not much info out there about just the top.

Curious about the fit, if the white goes see through, comfort, etc?
Quote Reply

Prev Next