Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Kona drug testing 2015 (age Groupers)
Quote | Reply
Well again this morning they were knocking on doors drug testing age groupers. And Professionals as I have read on Twitter.

Gee the process to do the test takes a long time. I was surprised how long it took to fill out the paperwork and do the test and everything that goes with it.

No not me just one of the guys racing.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona drug testing 2015 (age Groupers) [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It'll be interesting to see if anyone is stupid enough to get popped.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
o shit i hope they don't find all the ayahuasca in my piss i've been making soooooo many 3rd eye gains lmao BIG chakras
Last edited by: eggplantOG: Oct 6, 15 16:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is encouraging to hear but may I ask how do they know which doors to knock on? I have never had to fill out anything to indicate where I would be staying so how are they finding these people in the first place? (age groupers that is),
Quote Reply
Re: Kona drug testing 2015 (age Groupers) [LJS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They were getting them as they registered today.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: Kona drug testing 2015 (age Groupers) [Printer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep - that would make sense vs the knocks at the door comment. This is progress me thinks !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:

So at a time when anyone with a clue would have timed it so everything had cleared his system. Brilliant.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona drug testing 2015 (age Groupers) [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
PJC wrote:

So at a time when anyone with a clue would have timed it so everything had cleared his system. Brilliant.

maybe but I just don't think that age groupers are as clever as Lance Armstong and his team of Dr's were.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
PJC wrote:

Well, a lot of folks here complain about the AG'ers on TRT. Wouldn't necessarily be so simple to pass the test for that on race day, they might catch some.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:

Some AGers were tested 2/3 weeks ago for testing as well. Hope that is targeted from specific intelligence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:

Not a bad thing, but IIRC it's been going on for a few years at Kona. Pulling out AG and maybe some pros at pre-race registration. The body of testing I think is "OOC".

Not really sure if "targeted" IE they pull you out while in line, before registration.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Kona drug testing 2015 (age Groupers) [Stumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A Team Zoot athlete Matt Bach who won the Maryland race was tested twice back at home in NJ and got pulled yesterday as well for a test.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Kona drug testing 2015 (age Groupers) [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
PJC wrote:

Not a bad thing, but IIRC it's been going on for a few years at Kona. Pulling out AG and maybe some pros at pre-race registration. The body of testing I think is "OOC".

Not really sure if "targeted" IE they pull you out while in line, before registration.

Maurice

I think by targeted he meant they had some intel via complaints or tips THAT/THOSE person(s) might be on something so they're being tested IE there was nothing random about some of the testing.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Kona drug testing 2015 (age Groupers) [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USADA has an anonymous tip line on their website.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:
PJC wrote:

Maurice

I think by targeted he meant they had some intel via complaints or tips THAT/THOSE person(s) might be on something so they're being tested IE there was nothing random about some of the testing.

I saw it two years ago it appeared to be at least partially random. IE it looked like they were selecting athletes before they showed ID, also a thread on here somewhere about a legacy athlete (from a few years ago) getting pulled out of line at random.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Kona drug testing 2015 (age Groupers) [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:

Makes me wonder what would rise to the level of them investigating a tip further. I guess if the tip was very explicit and detailed but how many tips are ever going to be from direct and detailed knowledge. If I sent in a tip that Bryan Dunn is on T, EPO, HGH, etc. at what point would they ever look into that if I didn't have very specific information. My guess is most of their tips are of that variety - I think Joe Schmoe is doping but I don't have any proof.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: GMAN19030: Oct 7, 15 5:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
Joe Schmoe is doping but I don't have any proof.

Joe Schmoe's race results are very suspect. I also suspect that his mate Joe Sickspack plans on cutting the course in the Energy Labs. His results have never made sense to me; how can a guy with a beer belly run a sub 2:50 marathon?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona drug testing 2015 (age Groupers) [dado0583] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dado0583 wrote:
GMAN19030 wrote:
Joe Schmoe is doping but I don't have any proof.

Joe Schmoe's race results are very suspect. I also suspect that his mate Joe Sickspack plans on cutting the course in the Energy Labs. His results have never made sense to me; how can a guy with a beer belly run a sub 2:50 marathon?

But, have you seen his brother's times? JoeMamma ran a 4:45 mile in high school.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: Kona drug testing 2015 (age Groupers) [Printer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pssshhhtttt. Down a hill maybe. Sure you're not getting confused with Joe Blow?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona drug testing 2015 (age Groupers) [dado0583] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone recall Joe Dirt from Ironman Arizona in 2012?

http://www.pbase.com/...pius/image/147402652
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess we'll see when people we know don't race?

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

Makes me wonder what would rise to the level of them investigating a tip further. I guess if the tip was very explicit and detailed but how many tips are ever going to be from direct and detailed knowledge. If I sent in a tip that Bryan Dunn is on T, EPO, HGH, etc. at what point would they ever look into that if I didn't have very specific information. My guess is most of their tips are of that variety - I think Joe Schmoe is doping but I don't have any proof.

I think Joe Schmoe, Joe Blow, and Joe Dirt all use the services of Dr. Papschmear.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona drug testing 2015 (age Groupers) [elwoodblues] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And don't forget Joe Cool. He's always looked shady to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's the same every year... they test on Mon-Tues

PJC wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
PJC wrote:

maybe but I just don't think that age groupers are as clever as Lance Armstong and his team of Dr's were.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply

Prev Next