Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Giro Advantage with LG Windscreen Conversion w/ Pictures!. [persondude27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The helmet isn't altered. A visor is worn in conjunction with the helmet. Race numbers on helmets, or wearing sunglasses aren't alterations either.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage with LG Windscreen Conversion w/ Pictures!. [DamonHenry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like this response.

-All You Haters Suck My Balls-
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage with LG Windscreen Conversion w/ Pictures!. [Trash Talk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stylin'

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage with LG Windscreen Conversion w/ Pictures!. [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a question about the quoted rules. Has anyone had any issues with USAT/WTC triathlons using a windscreen modded to a Giro (or similar)---i.e. told they could not wear the helmet. Just wondering if this is a real-world issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage with LG Windscreen Conversion w/ Pictures!. [drjay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you average 25 miles a hours for the all races, if not that helmet and visor are useless,

otherwise it looks great, i like it
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage with LG Windscreen Conversion w/ Pictures!. [thierry64] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually average 57 "miles a hours". I hate the way the bugs splat on my forehead.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage with LG Windscreen Conversion w/ Pictures!. [drjay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i see you stick your head out the window in the car like the dogs do.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage with LG Windscreen Conversion w/ Pictures!. [thierry64] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would the helmet and visor be useless below 25 mph?
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage with LG Windscreen Conversion w/ Pictures!. [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Why would the helmet and visor be useless below 25 mph?

Because everyone knows that aero equipment doesn't do you any good at all if you're going slower than that. Duh. Don't you know that the way in which air moves around an object undergoes a radical change when the speed changes from 24.999999 mph to 25 mph?
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage with LG Windscreen Conversion w/ Pictures!. [Trash Talk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"They see me ridin, They hatin...." lol.

nice helmet btw.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage with LG Windscreen Conversion w/ Pictures!. [dgunthert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I know, I just forgot for a moment. Thanks for keepin it real.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage with LG Windscreen Conversion w/ Pictures!. [Rage KG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BRAVO!

nice mod on the helmet Trash Talk!
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage with LG Windscreen Conversion w/ Pictures!. [triguy74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still wondering if anyone has had any issues doing a Tri with this thing due to an "equipment violation". Agreed; it's a sweet mod.
Last edited by: drjay: Apr 5, 10 10:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've ridden it in 8 or 10 races since adding the visor and not had a problem. Mo issues with fogging either.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also did a race with this mod, and didn't go so much as a second look. Of course, they also didn't check my USAT card. Not gonna try to get it to fly at Collegiate Nats, because they were ridiculously strict last year.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage with LG Windscreen Conversion w/ Pictures!. [persondude27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Astana and Garmin both use the A2 with a visor...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's nice you keep finding all these international level cyclists that use this mod, but I'm pretty sure USAT is going to tell you those examples don't mean squat.

I would be concerned with crashing and the visor filleting my face if the tail got twisted around at all.

Then again, I like my face, yours may not be as important to you. :p

-------------------------------
Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage with LG Windscreen Conversion w/ Pictures!. [pito00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Louis Garneau must have worked around the potential safety issue you mention since they sell their helmet with the same visor or else the helmet wouldn't be certified.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage with LG Windscreen Conversion w/ Pictures!. [wasfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the issue is that the LG has mounting holes for this visor and it was designed to work with it.

The A2 has to be slightly modified to use the visor by separating the plastic from the foam to slip the visor in. That is the only safety concern for the A2 that I could see.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage with LG Windscreen Conversion w/ Pictures!. [pito00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It's nice you keep finding all these international level cyclists that use this mod, but I'm pretty sure USAT is going to tell you those examples don't mean squat.

I would be concerned with crashing and the visor filleting my face if the tail got twisted around at all.

Then again, I like my face, yours may not be as important to you. :p

Good God you are a pussy. I said already I raced it all last year with no problems. and as far as crashing the thing is thin, flimsy plastic. No more dangerous than a piece of saran wrap, and I have secured it in with superglue now, because I don't plan on removing it. I like it that much.

Last edited by: Trash Talk: Apr 6, 10 5:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally I don't see any safety concerns either...It's just some people way up there don't see it our way.

I've seen several people's helmets like that and had no issues either.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice mod on the Giro....

So here's a real-world question...Last year, I got back into triathlon moderately seriously and hooked myself up w/ some new flashy gear...One of my purchases was an aero helmet...I went with probably the ugliest POS on the market (LG Crono) 'cuz I'm cheap and it was only like $80...

1st race with it...a foggy 7AM North Carolina morning...I come strolling out of the swim to find a lovely layer of fog/water on my visor for the first mile or two of the bike...It took some time to wipe it off and eventually I sorta flipped up the visor so I could peek out from under...

I have since tried RainX (helped some), spit and wiping it down right before the start...but, on wet and humid mornings, there's the fog when I pull it on after the swim...I have basically flipped it up permanently to a point where there's only about half sticking down...

What got me thinking of this was the OP's modification that is a fully covered and non-flippable shield...How do you deal w/ it when it is fogged up?

and...Has anyone got any super good tricks to prevent it...
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Advantage with LG Windscreen Conversion w/ Pictures!. [jager66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have this killer trick where I use my hand to wipe it off.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I have this killer trick where I use my hand to wipe it off.

I'm with you...and I have done it...but, in a fast transition...15-30 seconds...carefully wiping down the inside of the visor isn't forefront in my mind...and I found it problematic to stick a finger up under a close fitting visor while riding (thus the flip-up...which yours does not do)

I was just wondering if there was some other tricks...aparently not...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It's a rental.

Kill my landlord;
Kill my landlord.

Actually it is "C.I.L.L, My landlord"

On another note: while I do not think structurally the helmet is affected, I am sure Giro would void the warranty, and you would lose any lawsuit due to injury as it is a modification not done by the manufacturer, even though technically there is nothing wrong with it. That said, how many people return their helmet under warranty or sue the manufacturer when they crash?
Quote Reply

Prev Next