Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to help...James is great to work with...and knows his stuff. He could really ride back in the day and had some pretty good ironman finishes as well...and other than the wheels...you are getting the same bike.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [brett2467] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brett2467 wrote:
Looking at ordering a project one Madone 9.0. Does anyone know if you can order it without the wheels? Have a new set of Zipp 404s im going to use, and don't really want theirs.

You can not order a complete bike project 1 without wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:
Glad to help...James is great to work with...and knows his stuff. He could really ride back in the day and had some pretty good ironman finishes as well...and other than the wheels...you are getting the same bike.

This is what ST is all about!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Bastard! What a great deal on a bike! I sent them an IM but you beat me to it!

Slowman should be taking advantage of the ST clearinghouse. If you have a great bike at a great price it would be great to pass those deals on to ST members My guess is that they sat on that bike for two years and they could have sold 3 in the last 12 hours no questions asked.
Last edited by: grumpier.mike: Aug 4, 17 19:58
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have had it in the rack for a while...it's too bad really...trek finally figured out that everyone would rather have that bike versus the 9.9...so they bring it back now as the project one bike...

It's kind of funny now...I have a great bike, but have thought about that 7.5 for a while thinking it could be really fast bike with some good race wheels....have been reading this thread since it began...when I saw TX in the guys handle today...figured I should let him know there was one handy...hope it's a good one for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dktxracer wrote:
You just saved me a bunch of coin. I put a deposit down on that bike and will be picking it up tomorrow morning. I like the 2018 wheels a little better but I'll take the $ savings. Plus, I'd have to wait at least a month around here for a 2018. Thanks buddy!

Last year I was in your spot as well. Ended up finding a shop that had the 2015 7.5 just like you. Got a sweet deal on it and grabbed it as quick as I could. Used the extra coin for race wheels. You won't be disappointed about the bike at all. I love mine. Happy riding!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done deal! I drove up from Houston and picked up the bike around lunch time. James fit me on the bike, although I'm going to ride on it for a while and then have the fitter I usually work with make any adjustments. I plan on taking it out for the first time tomorrow morning.

Now it's time to find some good wheels for it and add accessories. Definitely going to buy the draft box that goes behind the seat and the bento box that goes on top. I need to find some kind of horizontal water bottle holder and water bottle to go between my arms.

So here's a picture of my new fast bike in front my fast car.

And a big THANK YOU again for the tip. I would have spent a lot more money and waited at least a month for basically the same bike.

Last edited by: dktxracer: Aug 5, 17 18:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome!!!

Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I started a conversation in another Speed Concept thread and wanted to come over here and pose some questions.

First, my left humerus is about 2" shorter (just shoulder to elbow, elbow to wrist are the same) due to a separation that damaged the growth plate in 7th grade.

Option 1: I can get a 2018 SC at cost but then would need to swap out the monobar attachment for the one that can accept other 22.8 extensions. I'd go with an EVO 110 and then look to raise the pad on the left side. I've done some nifty work in the past with some Vision and Syntace risers and figured that something can be done here...

Option 2: Shop around for a pre-2015 with out the monobar. There's a 2011 in the classified right now that even has a Quarq for 2500.

Option 3: Get one of those bone stretchers that I used to see in the Sunday ads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice ride.

The bike looks good too.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the Speed Concept has a few more color options on the Trek website.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Only the 9 series was made in Wisconin. The 7 series and others are made in Asia.

All the current production speed concepts are now made in Asia (this is according to a previous post here by Carl, but ymmv ... ).

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AKCrafty wrote:
I started a conversation in another Speed Concept thread and wanted to come over here and pose some questions.

First, my left humerus is about 2" shorter (just shoulder to elbow, elbow to wrist are the same) due to a separation that damaged the growth plate in 7th grade.

Option 1: I can get a 2018 SC at cost but then would need to swap out the monobar attachment for the one that can accept other 22.8 extensions. I'd go with an EVO 110 and then look to raise the pad on the left side. I've done some nifty work in the past with some Vision and Syntace risers and figured that something can be done here...

Option 2: Shop around for a pre-2015 with out the monobar. There's a 2011 in the classified right now that even has a Quarq for 2500.

Option 3: Get one of those bone stretchers that I used to see in the Sunday ads.

Even though it is 1st generation, the 2011 SC is a great bike. I've got a 2011 9 series that I love!!! Unless something catastrophic happens, I've purchased my last tri bike.

The 2nd generation has some minor upgrades, but that doesn't make the 1st gen a bad bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same bike - it is the single fastest, most comfortable ride I've ever had. I have done a few 70.3 and one IM on it with a pair of 808 Firecrest and it went like a freight train. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [iommi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And you'll have to pay $500+ for those colors. The standard black is $4K, but good luck finding one of those. My local bike shops said it would be 2+ months before they could get one. The color ones are more available but cost $4,500, and more if you go the Project One route. I think Trek is intentionally holding back on supply of the $4K version to force people into buying the more expensive versions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When does the 2018 bikes become available?
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the rear brake fairing something you can purchase and put onto a 7.5 (the one that's listed as a 2017 and Spacey Gray)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek added the speed concept frameset option to the website. Only the black colorway, but it does include the fin. At 3000 I think they may sell a lot of these. It's b interesting to see what the wait time is between this vs the full build.

https://www.trekbikes.com/...018/?colorCode=black

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended up chatting online with Trek. They say its beginning September or mid September it will be available.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek now has the Bontrager Aeolus Comp 5 wheels which come standard on the 2018 speed concept on their site, so now we have some specs on them. A 50mm deep carbon fairing on an aluminum rim. 1860 grams with a 23 mm outer and 17.5mm inner width. Width wise this is similar to the Hed Jet/Belgium/Ardennes (the C2 version, not the plus). DT Swiss bladed spokes, no info on the hubs (just their in house hubs). Can't tell from the pictures, but I am guessing it is just a deep-v and not a toroidal shape. But I could very well be wrong.

I'm guessing they are not quite as nice as the Hed Jet+ 6 or Flo 60's in terms of aerodynamics, handling/stability in cross winds, and comfort (given the smaller outer and inner width). That said, they're much better than the stock wheels which come on most other bikes in this price range. You can buy them individually and MRSP is $700 for the set.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
Trek now has the Bontrager Aeolus Comp 5 wheels which come standard on the 2018 speed concept on their site, so now we have some specs on them. A 50mm deep carbon fairing on an aluminum rim. 1860 grams with a 23 mm outer and 17.5mm inner width. Width wise this is similar to the Hed Jet/Belgium/Ardennes (the C2 version, not the plus). DT Swiss bladed spokes, no info on the hubs (just their in house hubs). Can't tell from the pictures, but I am guessing it is just a deep-v and not a toroidal shape. But I could very well be wrong.

I'm guessing they are not quite as nice as the Hed Jet+ 6 or Flo 60's in terms of aerodynamics, handling/stability in cross winds, and comfort (given the smaller outer and inner width). That said, they're much better than the stock wheels which come on most other bikes in this price range. You can buy them individually and MRSP is $700 for the set.

I'm willing to bet this is just a rebranding of their previous Bontrager Aura wheels. The specs are virtually identical... The Auras had a nice, blunt rim very similar in shape to HEDs and to the full-carbon Bontrager wheels. Similar internal and external rim dimensions as C2 HEDs and FLO wheels, so I doubt there's any big difference.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek Bike Project One Photos [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi;

Just beautiful.. more photos and review coming..

Project One 2018 - 9.9kg
6870 Ultegra Di2
105 Pedals
60/88 Carbon Clinchers w/Ceramic Bearings
25mm Continental GP 4000 SII
DuoTrap & SC Draft Box 2 & SC Speed Box
Elite TT Bottle Kit

Project One 2018 - 8.9kg
6870 Ultegra Di2
Cosmic Wheels w/Mavic Tire
DuoTrap & SC Draft Box 2 & SC Speed Box

Trek Speed Concept Project One 2018
Giant Propel Adv.2
Scott Scale 10
Strida LT
Specialized CrossRoad
Last edited by: irfankaraman: Sep 13, 17 7:21
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek Bike Project One Photos [irfankaraman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love that neon paint job! Not something I would ever think to choose on my own, but it's a beauty!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey. I just ordered a Madone 9.2 in the yellow red scheme. Seeing your speed concept makes me even more excited about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just remember that those Mavic tires have horrible Crr, unless Mavic changed manufacturers. Best used for training or burning up on the wind trainer this winter. The bike look really nice though. I am jealous.
Quote Reply

Prev Next