Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [aavlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re etap.
Feels like you have to jimmy with it a little more to get it in(vs a shimano). That's all. Etap works fine with the SC.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [aavlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe SRAM derailleurs have a bit higher spring tension then Shimano so it can be a little bit harder to pull it back and get the wheel to drop out. I haven't used etap so I can't say for sure I just seem to recall hearing or reading this somewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [A vdLinden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find it hard to remove/install the rear wheel with a SRAM Force derailleur. I remove/install the wheel without the QR, makes it a bit easier.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [madmax231] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you remove the skewer completly , it drops in and out no problem. Definatly tighter fit with sram.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bunch of new colors now availlable for the 2018 Speed Concept!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any new info on the Domane?
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You used to only be able to customize the 600 Series OCLV Carbon. That was frustrating but made sense. Project One was limited to the more expensive bike. Now you can only customize the 500 Series OCLV Carbon. I really don't understand...
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guess is that not all 2018 bikes are out yet. We'll see in a few weeks I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Trek rolls out anything that is really new I am going to guess that they add the IsoSpeed seat post. I don't think they can greatly improve aero or storage, but a little shock absorption would be a logical upgrade. Maybe that upgrade will come with BryanD's disc.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
Trek is like Porsche. Same design all the time. Marketing through boredom. Seems to work.

I have been wondering about this. The Trek Speed Concept is the oldest frame design if my terminology is correct. I was thinking a new design was in the making but appearently now. My question is, has anybody seen the new Diamondback Andean? They claim it is the fastest bike and it certainly looks really slick. But riders have noted especially in Kona they were getting pushed around by the wind a lot. Do any of you think Trek will come out with possibly something similar to the Andean? Maybe not as radical of a design but just to create something new.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [marathonrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New dimondback looks like a turd imo.
Why change the sc frame?? Its one of the fastest, tried and true ,reliable, and no issues what so ever that Ive seen.
And its its one of the nicest looking bikes out there imo.
You said you dont race and it seems like whats most important to you is the way you and your bike looks so
If you like the d-back and you feel like it will make you look cool , then sell that sc to someone that competes and buy your self a bright red andean to cruise around in:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marathonrunner wrote:
Tibbsy wrote:
Trek is like Porsche. Same design all the time. Marketing through boredom. Seems to work.

I have been wondering about this. The Trek Speed Concept is the oldest frame design if my terminology is correct. I was thinking a new design was in the making but appearently now. My question is, has anybody seen the new Diamondback Andean? They claim it is the fastest bike and it certainly looks really slick. But riders have noted especially in Kona they were getting pushed around by the wind a lot. Do any of you think Trek will come out with possibly something similar to the Andean? Maybe not as radical of a design but just to create something new.

Actually, the Shiv and P2,P3 & P5 are all older than the current SC. With the tri bike market maturing and a bit of contraction in tri participation, I suspect the life cycles are going to be getting longer, not shorter. The second Gen SC improved only modestly in terms of aero and mostly fixed some design flaws in the first generation, which was really a very radical bike at the time. The road bike market is a lot bigger and clearly Trek is putting more resources there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"has anybody seen the new Diamondback Andean? They claim it is the fastest bike and it certainly looks really slick"

I heard the Andra is great for intervals.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If they did disc and isospeed on a Speedconcept I would ProjectOne one of those immediately. Cue the "shut up and take my money" meme. . .
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree disc brakes would be very attractive. 10 years from now rim bakes will be totally outdated. But it seems disc brakes are being adopted far more slowly in tri bikes vs. road bikes. I can only think of three brands that have incorporated discs into a TT setup -- and all of them are ugly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:
Why change the sc frame?? Its one of the fastest, tried and true ,reliable, and no issues what so ever that Ive seen.
You said you dont race and it seems like whats most important to you is the way you and your bike looks so
If you like the d-back and you feel like it will make you look cool , then sell that sc to someone that competes and buy your self a bright red andean to cruise around in:-)

I agree with you

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Celerius wrote:
I agree disc brakes would be very attractive. 10 years from now rim bakes will be totally outdated. But it seems disc brakes are being adopted far more slowly in tri bikes vs. road bikes. I can only think of three brands that have incorporated discs into a TT setup -- and all of them are ugly.

What are these 3 brands?

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo, Diamondback, and Parlee

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

The Parklee to me is a nice looking bike!! And it has all the options of parts. Wonder what the pricing is? I only seem them sizing to a 57, and I need a 61.

Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
enjoy your DA shifters. They work! RTC shifters are finicky.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might consider a Canyon road bike and add clip-ons. https://www.canyon.com/en/road/aeroad/
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DBF wrote:
enjoy your DA shifters. They work! RTC shifters are finicky.

Been using SRAM R2C shifters since 2010. Two different bikes, 13 Half irons & 5 full irons later.....no problems whatsoever.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:

Had to read this first line 2x...for some reason I read it as "looks like a turd limo" (which makes sense I guess...if you have an imagination...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:

Thanks for your insight. The one reason I won't consider the Diamondback is because unless I can see, test ride, I am not going to order it. I understand the benifet of direct sales to the consumer will allow the bike to be more affordable, but I am not going to drop that much money on something that I have no idea how it really feels.

I am glad I got a Speed Concept after it seems and the general consenses it is one of the best tribikes out there
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

Cannondale
Quote Reply

Prev Next