Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [RebeccaCreekKid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you are looking at stack. The 52cm H2 fit Madone has 37.9 in stack.

That said... H2 fit is way too tall in general. I feel like Madone (aero) bikes should default to H1 fit.

RebeccaCreekKid wrote:
The stack and reach numbers listed for the Madone are whack. 55cm reach for a 52cm H2 fit? Riiight.
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Jul 7, 17 22:16
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Current geometry listed on the Madone 9.0 page shows incorrect stack and reach figures.

Yes, you can pull correct info from another page, ie the Madone 9.5.

Still an odd error.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this was covered or not, but I don't see any Project One options for the 9.9 Series. Am I looking at that correctly? I'm assuming they are coming out with a 2018 version at some point, but it won't even let you customize a 2017 9.9 Series.

Any reports on anticipated delivery times for the 2018 Speed Concept? Is it days, weeks, or months?

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Celerius wrote:
Not sure if this was covered or not, but I don't see any Project One options for the 9.9 Series. Am I looking at that correctly? I'm assuming they are coming out with a 2018 version at some point, but it won't even let you customize a 2017 9.9 Series.

Any reports on anticipated delivery times for the 2018 Speed Concept? Is it days, weeks, or months?

Thanks,

I didn't go back and check, but if my memory is correct you just pick the 2018 9 series and then build whatever you want in Project 1. There appear to be fewer "stock" models and more of an emohasis on semi- custom builds. I may wrong about the 9 series, but I am pretty sure this how the 7 worked.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine ships July 28.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually if you check the 2018 is basically the 7. At the moment on their is not a 2018 SC9 series. The 2018 is 500 Carbon where the 2017 SC9 series is 600 carbon.

Actually had my trek dealer check the other day for kicks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek is like Porsche. Same design all the time. Marketing through boredom. Seems to work.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
SBRcoffee wrote:
BryanD wrote:
I am so disappointed

Me too. Not so much because of discs (though might have been nice), but was hoping for something new. Maybe that is why Carl left Trek, they weren't interested in any new development?

This is a just a rumor and I have no idea if its true...

I heard Trek was working on a new beam bike last year but it wasn't any faster than the current SC, so the project was scrapped.

Take that with a grain of salt though.

HED realized the same thing with wheels so they didn't bother with the risk/reward of carbon clinchers. While I appreciate it, the reality is that the typical consumer looked at it as being inferior and they lost market share. Building a successful business is a blend of good engineering and marketing. Stuff that is a new and shiny is easy for others like magazine etc to talk about and that sells magazines and magazines then sell product.

If beam bikes stall (pun intended) we could go thru a period again where beam bikes don't exist because these radical designs are a little bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy and when they become passe nobody will talk about them and spend the money to market them.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [madmax231] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our old board expert Carl Matson said that the speed fin/fairing thing was essential for the brakes to function correctly. I think I asked him 101 times about it b/c I find it a pain to deal with when changing the rear wheel.

Wonder why its a 'option' aero package now?

I would gladly remove that thing if I knew it was safe.

JF
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [Johnnyfever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know you can get the UCI legal replacement right? I think Carl posted the part # in the SC thread at some point.

Edit: part # is W327327

Johnnyfever wrote:
Our old board expert Carl Matson said that the speed fin/fairing thing was essential for the brakes to function correctly. I think I asked him 101 times about it b/c I find it a pain to deal with when changing the rear wheel.

Wonder why its a 'option' aero package now?

I would gladly remove that thing if I knew it was safe.

JF
Last edited by: sp1ke: Jul 18, 17 15:06
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didnt know that but im sure it costs an arm and a leg. I actually carved out the bottom flat edge of it which makes it more manageable. Not perfect but way better...

Still baffled why it was a crucial element now just an add on....hah!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The replacement is not new. They always had it because the fin was not UCI legal but the part is pretty important because it holds the brake arms centered and in place. Without it the brake would come apart which you don't want to happen ;)

Why it's an add on now? I guess is part of their marketing strategy... they want you to pay extra for the aero stuff. The old 7.5 had the full non-UCI package (the fork, speed fin the fast aero bar etc.) and it was a great deal over the SC 9 at almost half the price. So now you pay the same amount of money for a stripped down 7.5 and you have to customize $$$ it to get the goodies.

Johnnyfever wrote:
Didnt know that but im sure it costs an arm and a leg. I actually carved out the bottom flat edge of it which makes it more manageable. Not perfect but way better...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Johnnyfever wrote:

It's always been an option when doing project one. It's no more money for the aero package.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So if this speed fin is so crucial and now its an option, does anyone know what they put there to hold the bolts in place if someone opts out of the fin?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The "option" part is actually a cover that holds the brake in place but is not as "aero" as the speed fin....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
must be the uci legal part Sp1ke was referring to

cant imagine that would be an option.....that is to buy a crucial piece. haha. i am curious, i will hit up trek tomorrow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The UCI option is just a standard brake cover, without the fin on it. It's the same thing as the gen 1 SC rear brake cover. Essentially, cut the fin part off of the speedfin and you have a UCI legal brake cover.

When Carl said the speedfin is crucial but what he really means is that the break cover is crucial, whether thats the UCI legal one or the speedfin..... it doesn't matter. One of them has to be used. Seeing how this is a tri forum and majority here have the non UCI version, he mentioned speedfin.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not an option like you think it is...... You can get either the UCI legal brake cover (non speed fin) or the speed fin (non UCI legal). You HAVE to pick one. You can't pick neither.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you go through Project One, you can choose between the "aero" package (speed fin, aero fork, and the large aero basebar), or the UCI legal package (brake cover instead of speed fin, narrow basebar and narrow fork).

When you don't go through Project One, you can't choose any option: for example, my 2017 7.5 came with the UCI legal narrow fork, UCI legal narrow basebar, and the UCI illegal Speed Fin. (It also came with a paint scheme that should be illegal but that's another debate). Changing any of these parts cost quite a bit...
Last edited by: madmax231: Jul 18, 17 18:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ahhh....brake cover. there we go.
thanks.

yeah i sanded mine down b/c didnt want to fumble around with it during a race. i have etap so i think that also makes it slightly trickier for some reason.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
Mine ships July 28.

Can you post a pic when you get it? I always like to see what bikes look like in a non-studio setting

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What does the brake cover have to do with etap? Curious as I am considering an SC frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
madmax231 wrote:
When you go through Project One, you can choose between the "aero" package (speed fin, aero fork, and the large aero basebar), or the UCI legal package (brake cover instead of speed fin, narrow basebar and narrow fork).

When you don't go through Project One, you can't choose any option: for example, my 2017 7.5 came with the UCI legal narrow fork, UCI legal narrow basebar, and the UCI illegal Speed Fin. (It also came with a paint scheme that should be illegal but that's another debate). Changing any of these parts cost quite a bit...

Yeah. I was specifically talking about project one.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Trek bikes [aavlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aavlee wrote:
What does the brake cover have to do with etap? Curious as I am considering an SC frame.
Not sure what he meant. Has no relation. I ve got an sc with etap.
Quote Reply

Prev Next