Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a link to the IA video and go to 1:40 for the aerodynamics portion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCGZIyKL3gE

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: Nick_Barkley: Feb 1, 14 17:42
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [Nick_Barkley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple of things,

1) I guess someone has finally provided windtunnel results in CdA.
2) Another test where the Shiv tri does not test particularly well.
3) Hard to tell, but the IA may be beat by both the SC and P5 at 0 yaw, but beat them both at yaw around 10 degrees.
4) A little suprised that the IA is not better at 0 yaw with those seat stays, really makes you think of how little making UCI illegal helps. Also, all the bikes are UCI illegal.
5) Finally some results of the DA. I just need 20 degree yaw and my bike is as fast as a P5!
6) DA results do line up with the thought that the DA is closer to the P4 than the P3.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Still in grams
2. Yep, wouldn't buy a Shiv for multiple reasons.
3. Cervelo is still the low yaw king. AKA fast where it counts.
4. Companies are still optimizing higher yaw angles.
5. Have go really slow for that to happen
6. DA is in between the old P3 and P4 closer to the P3.

Congrats on Felt and Trek for being very professional with their data.
Last edited by: Nick_Barkley: Feb 1, 14 21:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just goes to show you cant 'see' aero. The drag profile for the IA is more like the SC and not the P5....you'd think the IA wouldve been better at very low yaw. Question is unless its a still or low wind day, even if someone was riding at 25-30mph, if there was a moderate crosswind, would the yaw really be that low for the P5 to work?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh and good to see some data finally on Felt bikes ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume this is without a rider/mannequin based on the low number in grams?

from what cervelo and trek did in their whitepapers you can't draw a conclusion without a rider/mannequin. still it looks pretty damn good.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [Mdfletcher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it's that close to the other major aero/ super bike players and has good adjustability and lighter weight (remains to be seen) then it's right there where it needs to be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the weight is my only gripe on my P5, the new SC doesn't feel all that light either, but at least it had clinchers on it.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [Mdfletcher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My shop mentioned today that these bikes are likely already completely sold out (maybe even oversold) and there may be significant delays on the ones that are already ordered. Kind of bummed because I was planning on ordering it very soon. Dave any comments on potential shortages?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard the first batch is on its way to the US, has to go through QC and should be shipping this month. Can anyone at Felt confirm?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [jamo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jamo wrote:
I heard the first batch is on its way to the US, has to go through QC and should be shipping this month. Can anyone at Felt confirm?

Lets hope this is the case. I have had mine on order for quite some time. First tri of the season is a 70.3 in May and I already sold my DA. :0 In hind sight, that probably wasn't a very smart decision. Either way, I'm a little worried about not getting the bike in time.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have this waiting for me at Elite Cycling in Leawood, KS!

Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [jamo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jamo wrote:

Yes, the IA has been shipping to dealers now.
The backlog of orders dating back to August is a bit larger than the first production run but we're full gas to get caught up.

Thanks for your patience,
SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [MCHammers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MCHammers wrote:

1) What do you do for a living?
B) Are you hiring?

So. Jealous!

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got mine today - all of the things that have bothered me by other bikes have been solved by this one. Can't wait to get it on the road.
IMG_0923.jpeg
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
A couple of things,

3) Hard to tell, but the IA may be beat by both the SC and P5 at 0 yaw, but beat them both at yaw around 10 degrees.
4) A little suprised that the IA is not better at 0 yaw with those seat stays, really makes you think of how little making UCI illegal helps. Also, all the bikes are UCI illegal.
5) Finally some results of the DA. I just need 20 degree yaw and my bike is as fast as a P5!
6) DA results do line up with the thought that the DA is closer to the P4 than the P3.

Very seldom to triathletes see 0 yaw conditions, I don't think this is being disputed by Trek and Cervelo, right?

-SD

Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
MCHammers wrote:

1) What do you do for a living? - Adult Films
B) Are you hiring? - Can you act?

So. Jealous!

FYI, if you are getting this bike AND you are considering the Garmin Vector Pedals the TRIMAX CARBON TT Crankset is NOT compatible, they are too wide. You'll have to get a different crankset.

MC
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
My shop mentioned today that these bikes are likely already completely sold out (maybe even oversold) and there may be significant delays on the ones that are already ordered. Kind of bummed because I was planning on ordering it very soon. Dave any comments on potential shortages?

Aren't you waiting on the 58cm?

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
PeteDin206 wrote:

Aren't you waiting on the 58cm?

-SD

No, it looks like the 56 would fit me fine. I will contact you off the forum to get your thoughts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
chaparral wrote:
A couple of things,

Very seldom to triathletes see 0 yaw conditions, I don't think this is being disputed by Trek and Cervelo, right?

-SD

Especially me!

I agree, but it would depend on what the expected yaw conditions are. Cervelo is obliviously designing for lower yaw conditions than you guys or Trek. The Trek data did show that maybe Cervelo optimized for a course like Arizona, but you guys and Trek are designing for Kona (and I guess for slower athletes everywhere). Also Cervelo may be optimizing a bit for Pro-Tour time trials, which the IA does not need to be designed for. I just thought that things like the low seat stays would help you more at 0 yaw than at higher yaws.

Do you have any additional information regarding those windtunnel results that were posted. I assume the DA results include the Frame Bottle and probably the DI2 Battery Bulge. But do they include the Bayonet 4 fork?

I assume it was the P5-6 tested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pics of a 54 (sorry but I put the QXL rings on before the photos were taken……)

I'll post more info later regarding setup and fitting and adjustability of this bike.

(quick summary: other than a few tricks for the brakes to keep them from interfering with the fairings, all went to well with setup. Yes, I had to read instructions on a few things. Re: fit/adjustability -- as a 5'10" guy with ultra long legs - 79cm saddle height - and saddle-to-pad-drop of ~15cm, I am riding this 54 with a 10mm post + the narrow bridge, with the pads as far forward as they will go, with Attack saddle clamped about dead center of the rail markings, as opposed to the rails themselves, which is about 1cm back from center.)

If you are local to (or visiting) the St. George, UT area, feel free to stop by the shop and check it out -- we are in Ivins.

Kirk and Charity
IBB Cyclery & Multisport - Fitting and Custom Spec Build Experts
Brands: Argon 18 - Cervelo - Orbea -
Quintana Roo
- 3T - Enve - Rotor - ISM - Schwalbe - I9 - Speedplay - Lake - Infinit - Zipp
Last edited by: kirknelson: Feb 16, 14 20:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick_Barkley wrote:
1. Still in grams
2. Yep, wouldn't buy a Shiv for multiple reasons.
3. Cervelo is still the low yaw king. AKA fast where it counts.
4. Companies are still optimizing higher yaw angles.
5. Have go really slow for that to happen
6. DA is in between the old P3 and P4 closer to the P3.

Congrats on Felt and Trek for being very professional with their data.

1.Good call, was just so excited
5.That is no problem for me!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [kirknelson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the weight as pictured and what is the spec of the bike pictures as well?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluesmachine wrote:
What's the weight as pictured and what is the spec of the bike pictures as well?

spec'd the same as here: http://www.feltbicycles.com/...-series/IA-FRD-.aspx
click the tech specs tab.
(other than the 54/44 Rotor QXL Rings I swapped in)

19.33 pounds includes Keywin Carbon Pedals with cromoly axles.

Kirk and Charity
IBB Cyclery & Multisport - Fitting and Custom Spec Build Experts
Brands: Argon 18 - Cervelo - Orbea -
Quintana Roo
- 3T - Enve - Rotor - ISM - Schwalbe - I9 - Speedplay - Lake - Infinit - Zipp
Quote Reply

Prev Next