Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kittel: "I'm speechless, it's unbelievable. I'm so happy. This is absolutely, by far, the greatest day in my whole life. A big thank you to everyone."

Dude might want to tone that down a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to say...the events that put him in the yellow jersey might qualify as divine intervention. Dude might be wondering if he can part the Red Sea right about now. Hope he doesn't try to cure a leper or walk on water...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
That crash must have been right near the front to take out so many top guys. That's especially unusual. What a disappointing stage 1: no Cav, Sagan, Goss, Greipel and Contador goes down as well.
greipel tried to squeeze through a gap and took out the guy to his right, which caused a chain reaction. Greipel made it through but probably messed up his derailleur or something.

hopefully Contador wasn't too hurt. Tony Martin apparently broke his collarbone...

and apparently Kittel didn't know about the change in finishline and the subsequent change back
Halvard wrote:
If I am not wrong, the third place Finisher is just 19 years old (or it is his brother who is 24).
I was shouting to the TV trying to help Kristoff, well second is not bad.

yes, the guy is only 19

Kristoff looked very good. As a better Classics rider, Kristoff will be there when Kittel and the others won't be there

trail wrote:
I was disappointed until I saw the results. Two of my "filler" riders on my fantasy team squeaked into the top 5. Hell yeah.

trail wrote:
Kittel: "I'm speechless, it's unbelievable. I'm so happy. This is absolutely, by far, the greatest day in my whole life. A big thank you to everyone."

may want to apply the second line to yourself first ;)

sorry, but there's nothing hell yeah about today's stage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
>...saw some skinny dude from garmin looking super out of place.

That's my boy Millar!

Looked kinda weird having somebody from Garmin do that well on the sprint stages.

If Farrar stays up, he usually doesn't even do that well

Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
If I am not wrong, the third place Finisher is just 19 years old (or it is his brother who is 24).
I was shouting to the TV trying to help Kristoff, well second is not bad.
PS. what do you think he's saying here ;)

i wonder if he was cursing in Norwegian or in English. David Harmon like: i'll not attempt to translate what [Kristoff] is saying there
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kristoff is saying "D**n! If it weren't for this ugly helmet, I'd have had it!"

John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kristoff said FAEN or HELVETE.
Good Norwegian words when you get second in a sprint finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

A win is a win and he's wearing yellow. And it's not like he can't sprint with the best...even though they weren't there. But hey, thats racing. Take yes for an answer. Good on him for being there.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [Turd Ferguson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please keep the Farrar jokes coming. I'm cracking up over here.

Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
I have same podium and jerseys. Also picking Cav on stage 1, he wants it too bad. Sagan on 2 with Gilbert close on his heels.

both of them crashed. i wonder if Purito and Degendt are okay. Certainly both of the latter are good on that sort of terrain (purely thinking from how they finished on Montjuic when they raced the Vuelta and Volta a Catalonya, respectively)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
I was disappointed until I saw the results. Two of my "filler" riders on my fantasy team squeaked into the top 5. Hell yeah.
Does anyone else (besides me) have a fantasy team with zero points after one stage? There a about a dozen ways to get some points. You almost have to be trying to have everyone on your team get no points at all.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turd Ferguson wrote:
Without Tyler Farrar racing it looks like 8th place on the sprint stages is going to be up for grabs

You are assuming he would make it to the finish line. Big assumption.

Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reminds me of the movie quote;

"i scored 280 on the SAT".

"dude you get 400 points for just signing your name"

...."oh"

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [Shortsocks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You respect Contador? Interesting. I say he gets popped by a tester again by stage 10.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
trail wrote:

A win is a win and he's wearing yellow. And it's not like he can't sprint with the best...even though they weren't there. But hey, thats racing. Take yes for an answer. Good on him for being there.

Agree, a win is a win. There will still be tons of ST'rs that will say but, but, but...but a win is a win. He has the Stage win and the Yellow until he loses that jersey tomorrow.

Why don't we take a 5 minute brake...?
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [AmaDablam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AmaDablam wrote:
Turd Ferguson wrote:
Without Tyler Farrar racing it looks like 8th place on the sprint stages is going to be up for grabs

LOLZ.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
wow, royal FUBAR at the race

At least there was a finish. With about 8k to go, I would have bet good money that the bus wasn't going to get moved and that there would be mass carnage at the 3k finish.

I'm betting that a lot of the team directors with GC contenders were ready to tell their teams to simply stop at the 6k mark (3k from the finish) and fake a flat or mechanical.
Last edited by: Jason N: Jun 29, 13 18:49
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [aTomic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aTomic wrote:
McNulty wrote:
trail wrote:

Agree, a win is a win. There will still be tons of ST'rs that will say but, but, but...but a win is a win. He has the Stage win and the Yellow until he loses that jersey tomorrow.

Just STrs being STrs. Same with ripping Farrar when most of them couldn't finish with the field in a cat 5 crit.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [AmaDablam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AmaDablam wrote:
Turd Ferguson wrote:

It's funny cause its true

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a live feed anywhere? Too cheap to have the right dish channels.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
You respect Contador? Interesting. I say he gets popped by a tester again by stage 10.

Ahahahaha!! I like that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turd Ferguson wrote:
that is just hilarious :-D nice one!!!

Quote | Reply
They really should have neutralized the race and given everyone the same time. Too much confusion and a potentially very dangerous sprint had they stuck to the 3K finish proposal.

It would have sucked for the racers and organizers, but it would have been the right call.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
aTomic wrote:
McNulty wrote:
trail wrote:

Just STrs being STrs. Same with ripping Farrar when most of them couldn't finish with the field in a cat 5 crit.

If that's all it takes then let the ripping continue!!

Quote Reply
Re: 2013 TdF thread (spoiler alert) [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
They really should have neutralized the race and given everyone the same time. Too much confusion and a potentially very dangerous sprint had they stuck to the 3K finish proposal.

It would have sucked for the racers and organizers, but it would have been the right call.

Agree! Those guys do a lot of homework of what the finish stretch looks like, where to start revving it up, etc. And those guys had no idea where to do a thing if they had stuck with the 3k to go "finish line"

Quote Reply

Prev Next