Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Double, double, toil and trouble. Fire burn cauldron bubble."

2 in the books today and I'm at 93 runs. Son of a bitch! I'm going to do it.

Thanks Dev, for the 100/100.

Happy St. Paddy's day everybody. I had my green sweatshirt on........
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the dates worked great too. This was Year 2 for me on this challenge and this year I think I'll actually make it to 100!

Just a few more runs left for me. I need to do one more double plus not miss any days till the end to make it.

It's gotten harder for me to double here in AZ now that our outdoor pools are open and nice and comfy, and the weather has been fantastic for riding outdoors. I ran and then swam outside this afternoon and was too tired to run again. Maybe tonight once I've recovered a bit.

Thanks again Dev for organizing this, it has been a great challenge and good for my off season motivation!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [MITriGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stupid spreadsheet chasing now for me. My ultra "top secret" only know to me goal all along was 1000km with 100/100 days with at most 5:00 per km pace.

So where am I?

904.05 km in 93/93 in 75 hrs and 25mins which is 5.0005 min/km.

So if I can squeeze out 96 km (60 miles) over the next 7 days in 7 hrs 55 mins averaging 4:57 per km..... its mine :-)

Dev, I'll give you the 1000km prize since it was your idea originally but you don't get the 100/100.

It'd be interesting to see a graphical representation of everyone's cumulative distance data. i know I was at about 14 runs after three weeks and only managed to up my mileage at about the 40 day mark.

Swim - ( x ) All good ( ) In the shop
Bike - ( x ) All good ( ) In the shop
Run - ( ) All good ( x ) In the shop
Last edited by: GrahamK: Mar 17, 09 16:46
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [jime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"Double, double, toil and trouble. Fire burn cauldron bubble."

"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes"

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swam right after work and did the usual 1,650 scy. After I got home, I watched some TV with the family and had some fun family time. Once the kids were in bed, I busted out the running gear and laid down a nice run: 5.00 Miles @ 6:50 Pace / Ave HR 158 MB
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No running today - walked 2.4 mi.

Whined to J. that I hate not running and he said "if a rest day keeps you healthy then love it"

so I'm turning that over in my head.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [jime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heehee ... i'll have to double up each days to the end,but i'll certainly do it ... and after that i'll will have myself a good two days rest before running again ... sweet

David

----
Yes, i run in AdiStar Racers all thru winter ... they are green-fluorescent ... so what !
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Moonover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like I should make it to 100/100 as I'm currently on pace; and assuming some unforeseen disaster doesn't occur. I've only had to double up twice during the challenge, and I don't think I've run many "junk" miles in the process. All my spreadsheet motivation has been longer single runs, as I *secretly* wanted to be in the top 10 for distance - I'm currently siting in 8th, but there still could be someone out there waiting until the last day to fill in their workouts!! That would be sneaky.

Thanks Dev. This has really opened my eyes to running everyday, and knowing that I don't need to take days off - all I need to do is include easy and recovery days.

I got out for my first road ride on the weekend, and my fitness was actually pretty good for not doing any winter cycling for the first time in 6 years. I have to think their is some carry over in fitness. My ass is sore though, as I realized 5 minutes into the ride that I didn't put bike shorts on!! Good times.

I think this year will mostly be a running year, and I'll be a training hero on the bike during group rides to punish my friends after weekend races.

4.00 Miles Easy / 20 Mins Abs and Light Weights:
Pretty much an easy recover this morning. Will ride and swim tonight.
Quote Reply
March 18 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on track for 100/100. I'll be out of town on a business trip for the last few days of the challenge, I'm not familiar with the destination city, and weather could be a factor. However, the hotel's website has a picture of a decent looking fitness room with a line of treadmills so I should have no problem finishing the challenge one way or another.

It's relative, but for me, I've been pushing pretty hard for a few months now. Definitely some over-reaching involved, but it does not seem to have been too much. I've also just finished a fairly intense winter biking program on the trainer last week so I'm easing up on that and the swimming while I finish this challenge. Then I'll probably take a day or two completely off before starting to ramp up again for the season. The steady backdrop of mostly short easy running has been a perfect compliment to the more intense swimming and cycling workouts, and has increased my running volume even while my focus has been elsewhere. Once more, thanks Dev!
Quote Reply
100/94 [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am Platinum. 100 runs 94 days. Officially 6:54 AM EDT.

Bernie

Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh, the "top 10 for distance" - watch out, I'm only 19km behind you - long runs here I come ;)

Good luck with the last 7 days!

------------------------------
Another IM in 2016 - hopefully..
Quote Reply
Re: 100/94 [slowbern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great job! I would be there with you but will not do my 100 run till saturday's 5k. I am going to do 99 today take off ( yah I know I said that b4!) and run 100 on saturday. Wait that would be a slow 5k 30 minutes Good thing my wife is running I can double back and run with her.

Quote | Reply
YAY!! Well done Bernie. I know some of your runs were hell.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yah, Bernard, way to go. Round and round we go...lol
Quote Reply
Re: 100/94 [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YAY!! Well done Bernie.

Thanks.

I know some of your runs were hell.

I experienced the full range this winter. There were some really, really awesome runs. There were about 10 that I would NEVER do again. In particular were the runs that I did at work running around the fire station. I really regret them now, because apparently I ran more than enough doubles to make for them. At the time they were mandatory though...so I guess I can't look back.

Pretty funny how easy it bacame after I had a few in the bank. It was like all of the pressure was off.

Overall, I am glad I did this. I learned alot about myself.

Bernie

Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I swam right after work and did the usual 1,650 scy. After I got home, I watched some TV with the family and had some fun family time. Once the kids were in bed, I busted out the running gear and laid down a nice run: 5.00 Miles @ 6:50 Pace / Ave HR 158 MB

What kind of run was this? Looks too fast to be recovery, too slow to be tempo and too short to be useful marathon pace workout. Basically you might as well stay in bed, in fact staying in be probably would have more training benefit.
Last edited by: Tri_yoda: Mar 18, 09 14:47
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol.......yea tell him yoda!!!!!! might as well stay on the couch...lol
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [islandman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ahh, the "top 10 for distance" - watch out, I'm only 19km behind you - long runs here I come ;)

Good luck with the last 7 days!
Make that 29km ahead - I hadn't done my run yet!!

You might actually catch me because I do plan on putting in a pretty light week. I did maybe a little too much intensity last week and am paying for it this week...

Good luck to you too.

I don't regret one single run I did on my treadmill, no matter what anyone says!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taking today off due to a cold/sore throat. First time in eight years that I have been ill. Glad I banked a bunch of doubles at the start of this challenge because between family issues and work I have been limited to 5 runs per week for the last couple of weeks. If I am feeling better tomorrow I may take a crack at the 5KM smackdown because my last race was too early to qualify damn it.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL

Speaking of staying in bed, I took a nap yesterday from 5pm to 8pm, which meant I woke up just in time to... go to bed!!!! I am all rested this morning.

Quote Reply
March 19 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
90 min easy - 10.5 mi

Swam 2000 yds after.

Quote Reply
Re: March 19 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1,650 scy early swim. Once home, I jumped on the treadmill and did a 4.25 Mile run on the treadmill at just under 7:30 Pace.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm having to double up each of the last 11 days to hit 100 runs (damn flu / cold took me out for a couple weeks). So today I'm down to six days and 12 runs left - I'm not sick of running, I'm sick of running 30 - 35 minutes max (about all I can do to manage 22 runs in 11 days).

And it's raining day after day after day.... Ah well, if it were easy, everyone would be doing it...
Quote Reply

Prev Next