Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Moonover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fortunately for me, we have a bunch of crazy people where I live, so I got in my second double last night...cold, windy, dark, rocky, hilly trail run at night with the mountain lions who just ate a deer nearby. There were about 12 of us that showed up with our headlamps for the night social trail run. Followed it up with burgers, fries and beer at the local bar to make sure to negate all benefits of the run : ).
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Diana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah it has been cold and lonely on my runs. Anybody else on the challenge running in Portland.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Diana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're lucky to have a crazy running group ... must be fun ... me i run solo, i have to kick myself each time...

Third run done ... last for the year 2008 ... i'm now even with you guys/gals, with the sane ones at least.

See ya all next year for the rest of the challenge !!

David

----
Yes, i run in AdiStar Racers all thru winter ... they are green-fluorescent ... so what !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that sounds fun! (Except for the mountain lion part....) You aren't in AZ, are you?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i was gonna run this morning but when i woke up i had a familiar hip pain
i've been fighting the urge to run all day but I don't want to limp into week 3 and be injured before the challenge really heats up
there is still another 6+ hrs left in the day here in california, i just keep thinking about the goose egg in my training log

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [seanathan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys...between training with my tri and ski buddies all morning, lunch out with them, arriving at home and dinner party at our place, no time to post yet today, but just wanted to say Happy New Year...closed off the year with a massive 4.5 hour training day (16K run with 1000 ft vertical in 80 min followed by 50K XC ski with 3300 ft vertical....one of the toughest training days of the year for sure).

Anyway, thanks for participating in this...looking forward to 2009 at this point!

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So Wattley and I and our two better halves go to Dev's and have a beautiful dinner, thanks to Dev's wife Roxanne. Then Dev brings out a double chocolate cake, a chocolate mousse cake and a box of truffles. So we stuff our faces on chocolate and sugar. Despite a 28 celsius below windchill this morning, will have to put in a couple of extra miles to lose the fat. Happy New Year to everyone. May all your training be healthy, injury free and FUN!!!

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK Jan, 1...day 18 starts today. I hope you are starting off the year with an intact body. Good luck with your goals in 2009
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [MITriGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Now that sounds fun! (Except for the mountain lion part....) You aren't in AZ, are you?[/quote]
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just logged run 18. Still keeping close to the minimums for the rest of this week. I figure if I can get through week 3 intact then I can start to ramp things up over the coming weeks.

30 days until my wife and I jet off to a running cruise in the Caribbean!

Thanks again to dev for organising this.

John

===
"I eased off a bit. It never feels like you are easing off. More like you just stake out your place in the pain cave and sit there rather than venturing deeper inside..." -- Rappstar
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Croptop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the jacuzzi warming up right now to hopefully get my legs loosened and my mind relaxed so I can knock out run 1 of 2 for today. NorCal report in Vacaville is foggy, overcast, a misty drizzle, humidity 100%, calm winds, and 43F. Perfect running weather!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am finally over being sick. I am at 6 runs after 18 days, nothing like starting in a great big hole. But on a good note, I'm finally able to get back out and to run again. That is huge!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [konaexpress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Konaexpress, OK, I burned off the chocolate cake from last nite with a surprisingly fast clip run given yesterday's winterman 16K run+50K XC ski. You guys are evil leaving me with all that cake!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brown's Valley Short Loop (4): 4.00 @ 11:46

Ran w/the Mrs. She wasn't too excited about it for the 1st mile or so, but eventually after some serious burping and near puking from last nights libations, she got it out of her system and got in a rhythm. #1 of 2 for today done! MB

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today marks two weeks in a row running ( I started the challenge coming off an injury)
I thought I would post one of my favorite runs.

Thanks for organizing the challenge, Dev!I cant remember the last time I ran two weeks in a row!

Heres another

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [IronMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brown's Valley Short Loop (4): 4.00 @ 08:47

Ran w/the my Daughter for my second run of my planned double. It was really nice as my daughter wanted to give herself a "solid effort" as she put it. She did really well considering she just really started her 1/2 Mary program. #2 of 2 for today done! It is nice having 2 other people in the family training for running events as I get running partners which is pretty new for me since I almost always run solo. MB
Last edited by: Roughster: Jan 2, 09 8:13
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [IronMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
really pretty!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm really fortunate that I can run somewhere like that. No cars, I can just put it on automatic and roll.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK I need a ruling from the higher beings. I am planning on doing a Duathlon tomorrow: 2 mile run, 7 mile ride, 2 mile run. Now I don't expect (shzz better not) me to take 30 mins on either the front or back 2 mile run portion. However, with the bike leg between keeping the HR up, I was thinking of counting the Duathlon as a single run with my 2 run splits added together.

What is the verdict oh 100/100 Gods on high???
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't the rules say that any two runs within an hour of each other are one run? Or something like that? You should check out the rules thread I'm pretty sure they said something like that.

I asked a similar question about my track workouts. I would do a warmup, the workout, and a cooldown all within 15 -20 minutes of each other. Ruling was that it was one run.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your 2 duathlon runs would add up to one 100/100 eligible run...the bike time counts for nothing :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Your 2 duathlon runs would add up to one 100/100 eligible run...the bike time counts for nothing :-)
That assumes he averages 7:30/mi or slower during the race. Otherwise he will need some warmup/cooldown time.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [admill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I might add a little bit onto the end of the last leg and do a "cool down" jog in order to get my 30 hehe :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just ride run 15 minute miles and ride 6.8 miles per and you will get your 2 runs. It won't be much of a race though. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev my friend, thank you once again for providing a vehicle and motivation to those of us in need of same. You are a prince.
Since Coeur d'Alene (major foot injury) I have done very little other than leading 3-4 spin classes each week and a modest amount of swimming. My running has averaged less than 10 miles/week, up from 0 miles/week in July and most of August. My foot has been OK for a while, but I just couln't seem to get on track.
So now I am 19 days in and only 3 runs short. I plan to double at least one if not two days this weekend (counting today) and I see 100/100 as a goal I can meet. Most of my runs have been 30-45 minutes, but I've done a few longer ones and will most assuredly step up with a few more long runs if things continue to go well.
I'm planning to go short-course again this year, but I have a title to defend at the Napa Half in May and if that goes well I might be open to doing the full Vineman. If THAT goes well, then I might look at Coeur d'Alene in 2010, because I'll be aging up and that might give me a shot at the podium. If none of that pans out, I will retreat to my happy place, the Olympic Distance.
Hope to see you out there next year, either in person or via the www.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply

Prev Next