Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: greetings from Tucson [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was at the top of Mt. Lemon on Dec 8 the day after I did the Tucson Marathon, but we drove up in a car. On that day it was about 60 in Tucson and windy & 28 degrees at the top of Mt Lemon with snow on the ground & road. I saw around 20 riders on that day and even though it may not have been the best day for climbing Mt Lemon I sure wish I was on my bike rather than in the car. So, I'm curious, how was the ride? Where did you start & finish? How long did it take? What was the weather like? How did you like the descent?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [KailuaQueen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brown's Valley Loop + O&B: 5.01 @ 7:44

Was a little worried about how the knees would hold up today after last week and already one run under the belt from this morning. Started off conservatively but felt fine so just found a good rhythm and went with it. After I got home I soaked my legs in my pool which is at a nice 48 F right now for 30 mins. I'll roll them down with the Stick tonight. MB
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [KailuaQueen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well now it remains to be seen if an ultraman marathon can be pulled off by a 100 lbs woman doing lots of short to moderate length runs...I certainly agree that signing up for a marathon 2 days before the race on no long runs and just on 100/100 training was bold and courageous...we know that the line between courage and stupidity is simply determined by the outcome, so a 25 min PB puts it in the category of courage :-)....OK bring on UM!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: greetings from Tucson [Reparto Corse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I was at the top of Mt. Lemon on Dec 8 the day after I did the Tucson Marathon, but we drove up in a car. On that day it was about 60 in Tucson and windy & 28 degrees at the top of Mt Lemon with snow on the ground & road. I saw around 20 riders on that day and even though it may not have been the best day for climbing Mt Lemon I sure wish I was on my bike rather than in the car. So, I'm curious, how was the ride? Where did you start & finish? How long did it take? What was the weather like? How did you like the descent?

The ride was really cool! We started and finished at Brian's house. I think 2:47 total time for them, a bit longer for me 'cuz I'm not nearly as fast a cyclist, and there were a couple times they stopped and waited for me.

As for the descent well that was the best part .

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"that signing up for a marathon 2 days before the race on no long runs and just on 100/100 training was bold and courageous" ...... I signed up for the Prince Edward County marathon 6 days prior last fall with no long run training and bluffed my way through it. It hurts a lot but can be done .... I would opt for "somewhat stupid" vs. "bold and courageous" but if you pull it off then great :)

On a related note, my fall marathon qualified me for Boston and I just did a 120km week which is my first week with over 70 miles of running since my pre-traithlete days in 1989. It seems to be working as a method of keeping Christmas weight (at least most of it) off more effectively than any other method that I've tried in the past few years.

Also, WTF is with people trying to figure out how to use time changes, runs at midnight and such to get in two runs at one time? Just go out the door and run once each day. A half hour is not too much to ask and the rules are pretty simple :)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's more meant as a joke than anything else
just trying to stoke the rant fires
plus it's the holidays, we're bored and enjoy trying to find loopholes in the rules

i know that i won't magically be faster by creatively bending the rules,

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [seanathan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
it's more meant as a joke than anything else
just trying to stoke the rant fires
plus it's the holidays, we're bored and enjoy trying to find loopholes in the rules

i know that i won't magically be faster by creatively bending the rules,
No rant today on this thread . . . instead, Dev was the special guest ranter on one of Swimfan's threads this evening.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...on%20%20%20;#2144460

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [xraycharlie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swimfan is getting smart...instead of ranting himself, he's putting the controversies out and sucking in all kinds of guys who should only rant in their own threads...smart guy!
Quote Reply
Re: greetings from Tucson [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"We ran 40 min easy this morning, then rode Mt. Lemmon! "

I'm not sure I believe you...does this mean that Cadillac will be conquered next summer? Child's play compared to Mt. Lemmon...
Quote Reply
Re: greetings from Tucson [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You better believe me!

Yes, I think I can get up Cadillac now.

65 min run this AM on the Pima trail.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [seanathan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4.8 miles this am
Was really sore from lifting yesterday and felt lethargic at the start but ended up stretching out the 3.7 mile loop cause I was in the zone

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brown's Valley Short Loop: 4.02 @ 11:44 (Ave HR 119 / Zone 2)

I ran with my wife and daughter again as part of my double today. I figure this is a good way to do one nice easy recovery run, then on my double push myself harder. Was nice running weather, crisp and clear, and the amount of traffic on the bike path showed it. We passed no less than 50 other people jogging and this is in Vacaville, not exactly the exercise capital of the world. MB
Last edited by: Roughster: Dec 30, 08 11:42
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I was good today. I resisted the urge to run. I was originally going to post "I'm not running" first thing in the morning to force myself to not run, but I figured that it would take more self control to not make any declaration and stick to my own "plan".

One thing that worked well last year was you could see everyone's workouts for the day "at a glance", without additional mouse clicks. The benefit was seeing what your training buddies and virtual buddies were doing immediately. I've asked that the spreadsheet show not just cumulative stats but "today's distance and time". Please post/contact me if this is something that you would like to see.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brown's Valley Rd O&B: 4.07 @ 7:40

Second run of my double. Legs were feeling fairly loose, that's a good thing, but loose also means "no snap" which isn't necessarily a good thing. I was still able to get the run done at a decent clip with a good HR Ave (152). Tomorrow, I have off from running, woohooo Cycling and Swimming, so that should give them a much needed rest. MB
Last edited by: Roughster: Dec 30, 08 16:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"One thing that worked well last year was you could see everyone's workouts for the day "at a glance", without additional mouse clicks. The benefit was seeing what your training buddies and virtual buddies were doing immediately. I've asked that the spreadsheet show not just cumulative stats but "today's distance and time". Please post/contact me if this is something that you would like to see. "

That would be great...one more motivator to get us going.
How far have I fallen behind today?
Maybe we could be ranked as well. That way we can see whether or not were holding our own or backsliding.
:-)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [IronMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2: today's distance and time would be good! I also liked the "smacktalk" and comments we could leave in the spreadsheet last year- although I DO appreciate how much easier this logging system is for the administrators- and I like having a log within ST.

I did 15.5 miles today on the Pemberton Trail in Fountain Hills, AZ. This trail is home of the Pemberton 50K that I am running on Feb 14th. The trail is 5 miles gradually uphill, 5 miles steeper rolling, and final 5.5 miles a nice long gradual downhill. I felt pretty good afterwards, which was good, considering I ran 10 on Sunday and 4 on Monday.

I took some pictures of the trails after the run today....will try to figure out how to post them. It was really beautiful and so much fun to run in the warm and sunshine (after doing last year's 100/100 living in Michigan, I am appreciating my first Arizona winter).

Thanks Dev for organizing this again this year!
Last edited by: MITriGirl: Dec 30, 08 17:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That would be a neat feature, although at this point I think it's quite interesting to see how people's averages are trending, rather than what they are doing on the day. For instance, I am now officially the slowest one of the 16 runs in 16 days. I wonder how long I can keep that up :-).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
OK, I was good today. I resisted the urge to run. I was originally going to post "I'm not running" first thing in the morning to force myself to not run, but I figured that it would take more self control to not make any declaration and stick to my own "plan".

One thing that worked well last year was you could see everyone's workouts for the day "at a glance", without additional mouse clicks. The benefit was seeing what your training buddies and virtual buddies were doing immediately. I've asked that the spreadsheet show not just cumulative stats but "today's distance and time". Please post/contact me if this is something that you would like to see.

Yeah that would be good to see. Also, a nice feature would be a column for avg dist. per run to see how you stack up against others in this regard.

" avg dist. per run "

Yes, we had the average distance per run there on the sheet last year. I knew that I had to keep it close to 10K to hit 1000 and could see my trend daily. I'm constantly doing the mental math, right now sitting at 11.6. That will drop when I get back to work and end up doing more shorter runs commuting and at lunch.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [nsallembien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hate to break it to you, but I see an 11:25 and a 10:16. Go +1 and I'll put the beat down
on your 9:52 with a 10:32. ;)

(Today was SLOW. No idea why. Didn't worry about it. Tomorrow the average might
drop since I'll be playing Ultimate, which has much higher speeds with a lower average.)

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ITS 12:15am in QLD Australia and i just finished 9k's into the new year! Happy New year Everyone!!! hope you all smash you tri goals this year.

Does this mean i get bragging rights for the first 100/100 run in 2009 ???
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Tri Geek Josh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty pissed off with myself.......missed about a weeks training.Still it's a new year on thursday and still plenty of days left for my goal BRONZE. Dev did say take it easy at the start!!.

DOUBLE IRON UK 09... 4.8 ,224, 52
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [mailman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got in 10 this morning and glad I did it then. The snow was starting just as I finished. If I run later, it will be on the treadmill.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
9.5 mi through a canyon trail with desert dude, 115intheShade, and Sarah. Really nice run but I'm tirrrrred.

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [mailman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
phew, just got back from two days of blowing my nose raw ... sleeping 16 hours a day ... what a flu ...

Just finished my second run out of three today ... i want to end this year even ... but it's damn cold in quebec .... nearly froze my bits off

David

----
Yes, i run in AdiStar Racers all thru winter ... they are green-fluorescent ... so what !
Quote Reply

Prev Next