Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pool Courtesy Question [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly why OP is butt-hurt about being disrupted 815y into a 900y swim...

Look OP, I've swam all over the world and they circle everywhere (just be wary of which direction they circle). Some places are easier than others...in Hong Kong, most pools are 50m, very wide lanes, but the swimmers do this weird backstroke thing that takes up the whole lane, but it's stupid slow so it's very easy to pass people.

If the other lanes are full, make the smart call and preemptively start circle swimming. Ideally, lane-joiners ask before jumping in, but if it looks like you're continuously swimming (900y is a loooooong interval, even at 1:05/100y), people are not going to wait around for 10-15 mins when they only have 45-60 minutes to swim. Hopefully going foward you'll keep this in mind, eh?

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply
Re: Pool Courtesy Question [RudeDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both are wrong - new swimmers getting in should at least let you know they are coming.

Assuming your swim training is OWS / Tri specific - well then you also need to practice swimming, while holding pace, while working around other people in your way, while also being aware of what is happening around you.

Being able to duck a lane rope, while the lifeguards move lane lines, while pool configuration changes from fast on the left to fast on the right, while holding pace, while working through the middle lanes full of slow & medium swimmers - now that is a fun challenge! OWS awareness and tactical practice at its best.
Quote Reply
Re: Pool Courtesy Question [LauraM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LauraM wrote:
Being able to duck a lane rope

Few months back I turned up to the pool on a gray weekday & found I was the only swimmer.

Joked with the lifeguard about swimming in each lane & decided why not.

The 8 up 8 back duck-a-thon is good fun if you ever get the chance.
Quote Reply
Re: Pool Courtesy Question [boobooaboo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boobooaboo wrote:
I've swam all over the world

Your arms must be tired

Sorry, it had to be done

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Pool Courtesy Question [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
đź‘Ť

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Pool Courtesy Question [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I immediately thought of the Phelps/Visa ad that played in '04 (I think). He swam across the ocean, touched the harbor ,"One."

Found it

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply

Prev Next