Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kraft making comeback! [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Precisely, one is a freeking sporting event, the other is a real life and death situation. I'm not sure what you are confused about????
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't hate Lance for doping. I actually don't hate Lance.
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [Ironwoof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exactly, so why compare the two?
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
because the point is: doping is cheating. cheating in unethical.
yet in a situation where someone dopes in sport, everyone is jumping all over the place, ready to burn the person when the only thing she affects is the result of a sporting event...it's just freaking sport...
whereas in the second situation, you cheat (break the law) run a red light and the result may actually affect the life of someone else...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [Espen Wagener] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many overall winners (male & female) of Ironman North American Events doped/used epo this year? Do you think any were tested?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes Francios, I'm sorry I disagreed with you ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [giuseppe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just don't run red lights.

and don't dope either ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [giuseppe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sometimes it's just better to go with the flow. :) I'm a lover not a fighter. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [Kev100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's actually a very valid proposal. WTC should consider this.
seriously, if you are PROVEN to have cheated (ie not Beke) and still want to race, then it's only for the love of the sport, nothing else...
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [KJGrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How many overall winners (male & female) of Ironman North American Events doped/used epo this year? Do you think any were tested?

I don't know how many people doped or not in the IMNA events but I do know they do testing. Hell, even I was tested after shuffling through one of their events this year even though it was pretty obvious I didn't use any performance enhancing drugs for that performance.

I think the bans for doping violations should be harder if the testing procedures really are accurate which seems debatable in some cases considering the latest events with false EPO-tests.

BA coaching http://www.bjornandersson.se
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [EWH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And about as easily understood!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best solution I have heard is from a man who has worked in the field of drug testing since it was started. I do not remember all of the details of his life, but he is in the biggest lab in the world in Cali and his idea was written about in Outside Magazine about a year ago.

He has a plan that will cost a lot less than it does now, benefit athletes and WADA. It revolves around having all professional athletes enroll in a voluntary program that tests their blood several times a year for all the different naturally occurring components of our blood. Then the lab would document each test and record what part of the season the athlete was in. This way there would be a baseline and variables for each athlete and there would be almost no questioning a doping allegation. The expert who came up with this said that he could retire happy if this plan would be implemented, but as it is now the system doesn't really work.

This does not answer the question from the past dopers that are fighting their battles and still winning prize money, endorsements, and lying, but it could answer and resolve the future of sport.

By the way, Nina is a human being, and she proved that when she admitted her guilt. Anyone who would yell insulting things to her during a race is low class.

http://www.GearforMultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [Kimbo215] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree and I don't think anyone on this thread has said they would yell insulting things. I think many of us said we just wouldn't yell anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [Kimbo215] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is being done already in France with the 'suivi longitudinal' in cycling. implemented maybe 4-5 years ago.

all french cyclists have to abid to it. maybe this is even more refined.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big difference Francois

Kraft has addmitted taking EPO - addmitted she cheated!

Beratesegui and Scumacher was cleared

Espen Wagener
Kongsberg, Norway

http://www.espenwagener.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft making comeback! [Espen Wagener] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and you buy their excuses?? geee....how naive can you be...
Quote Reply

Prev Next