Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Dimond Spotted at IMCHOO [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that's true, I wonder if they'll make the new top tube as a stand alone offering like they did with the superfork so folks can upgrade.
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Spotted at IMCHOO [jet black] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm wondering if this new model will take the place of the current, or be a supplement to the existing?

I have a hard time thinking they can raise the price of the new frame, but offering it at the same price or close to the current frame, and then discounting the current frame would probably be a good idea if they have the manufacturing capacity to back up 2 frames being made.

That may just be my wishful thinking though.
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Spotted at IMCHOO [bujayman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be interesting. Jesse Thomas did post on instagram that he'll be riding the new bike in Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Spotted at IMCHOO [jet black] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jet black wrote:
If that's true, I wonder if they'll make the new top tube as a stand alone offering like they did with the superfork so folks can upgrade.

Without commenting on any developments too in depth, the goal has always been to allow incremental upgrades to folks that want them if possible. Basically, trying to keep the interface points - beam-to-lower, fork-to-lower - the same whenever possible.

That hard part is that for certain parts, the cost of an "upgrade" is going to be awkward. Like, if there was a new beam, what do you then do with your old beam? You can't sell just the beam. So do you make it wall art? An old 3T Funda fork is not such a big deal to replace. But a new beam is not going to be cheap. Cheaper than a new bike, obviously, but with nothing to offset the cost. This will be especially true when there is a new lower, as that is by far the most expensive part to make. Obviously cheaper to buy a new lower only and not get a new fork and beam, but is that really practical?

Plus, of course, depending on your paint job, it's not going to necessarily be the "cleanest" replacement. It's very hard - even if Dimond did the prior paint job - to match things exactly if there's any complexity involved.

So the answer is, "yes," but I'm not really sure that you'll want that...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Spotted at IMCHOO [bujayman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I spoke to someone at their shop today working up pricing for the bike i want. Wouldn't tell me much, but I don't think there will be a price drop on this frame, the new frame will be an "upgrade" but all the details will be available "at Kona"

Now we wait
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Spotted at IMCHOO [A.Hart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A.Hart wrote:
Got a pic of Dimond's lead engineer racing with a new frame this past weekend. He did go on to win his AG and KQ in his first Ironman.

Looks like some small changes to the dimensions of the beam near the head tube and some material added near the RD mount to create a fairing for the rear wheel/tire.

Does that guy live in CO? I saw what looked like that same paint scheme about an hour ago on Colorado/County Line in Littleton.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Spotted at IMCHOO [Broken Leg Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was he in a green jacket? Cause I think I saw him going through chatfield too haha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe he lives in Iowa as he is the lead engineer for Dimond.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Spotted at IMCHOO [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
Was he in a green jacket? Cause I think I saw him going through chatfield too haha.

Yeah, green or yellow. I was distracted by the bike!

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Spotted at IMCHOO [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I believe he lives in Iowa as he is the lead engineer for Dimond.

Well, two of us saw what looked remarkably like that bike in CO. :)

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was definitely that paint job I'm not sure about the bike he was going the other way from me.
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Spotted at IMCHOO [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm waiting to run into Nick on an Omni next.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Broken Leg Guy wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:

i think matt's in iowa. the guys are loading up things for kona.

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: New Dimond Spotted at IMCHOO [bmeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bmeer wrote:
Broken Leg Guy wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:

i think matt's in iowa. the guys are loading up things for kona.

Well someone was riding a Diamond with a remarkably similar paint job in Littleton/Highlands Ranch Friday afternoon.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply

Prev Next