Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [sticky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because us Brits usually have a good sense of fair play ?

Toodle pip old chap.
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [wimothy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
by the way trevor S , I think you are an idiot dragging old cows out of the ditch .
I disagree. I'm glad Trevor linked the story - it goes to your credibility. Wim, you (and/or your friend) may or may not have a legitimate gripe, but the name-calling isn't going to get you anywhere. As I tell my 4-year-old: "worry more about your own behavior."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Wim, why not post this on "Transitions" as well so Gunther can tell you what he thinks! ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [roxii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes and bring that melon with you !!!
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [Gunther] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's Back!
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [roxii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where's Wimpster ???

ya there meboy ?
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" I have a perfectly good explanation for it"

OK, I'll bite: let's hear it!
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot fraude @ IM UK - please help me [wimothy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
> > Ironman LP July, 2004 :41 39 09:55:38 DE DONCKER WIM MPRO 14/22

> > Ironman WA November, 2004 :
WIM DE DONCKER
BEL 00:54:34 04:45:01 03:15:47 08:55:22

You never explained your 1 hour improvement in a mere 4 months. Did you cheat?
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot fraude @ IM UK - please help me [tripat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well that was a great read. Took me about 20minutes.

Wim. Does it really matter? It's a Kona Spot. Even for someone who has never been to Kona, it's just a bloody race.

He isn't a pro. He isn't doing Ironman as a Job.

Ever heard of the saying, Build a bridge and get over it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So Wim, is it true, you a pro male triathlete got beaten by a first timer aussie female at IM UK?

She must have cheated!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wim, In your report of the UK Ironman you say

" Then some of the slower swimmers / bike punishers were about to catch me and for the remaining top loops I conserved my energy and stayed with a legal pack. Some got away and some other joined in. "

What is a legal pack ? Is this another term for drafting ?

Deceptively slow.
Last edited by: springgreen: Aug 25, 05 23:44
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [springgreen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it goes to your credibility

this has nothing to do with it. I just looked up stuff and quoted numbers, again this is not about me

Hey Wim, why not post this on "Transitions" as well so Gunther can tell you what he thinks! ;-)

oh noo .... the transition girls have tracked me down..

You never explained your 1 hour improvement in a mere 4 months. Did you cheat?

ok, I confess, the pressure from the transitions board was to big. I HAD to perform

Wim. Does it really matter? It's a Kona Spot. Even for someone who has never been to Kona, it's just a bloody race.

I agree with you on this, but it is not about me.

So Wim, is it true, you a pro male triathlete got beaten by a first timer aussie female at IM UK?

She must have cheated!

NO she did not. I am a mediocre male athlete, she is a WORLD CLASS female athelete. Very impressive performance by that girl. The gap between man - woman is less the longer the event is. The woman are better in endurance...

What is alegal pack? Is this another term for drafting?

pack is a big word, about 4 - 5 riders moving forward about 10-20m gap between each other. As you all know drafting is not allowed in IM.

Hé gunther what do you think about the cartoon ?
Can't believe I just asked that :-)

http://www.wimdedoncker.be
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was on the podium of an IM race this year, 2nd in my age group and was told that the guy in 1st had cheated. I shook his hand wish him well and that was it. There is really not much one can do about it.

In this race this guy came out of the water with a friend in my age group. They swim near the front of the field so very small numbers of people around. He overtook the guy on the bike and never saw him again. He was not passed by this guy at any stage. On the run this guy is 3km's ahead of him. He sees him clearly as there is an out and back at the start of the run. He calls over a marshal and while running tells him the story. At the end of the race he contacts the RD and tells him the story. The RD says there is nothing I can do.

No timing mat on the out and back on the bike. Very easy to stop for some reason and turn without doing the whole loop.

That's it. He got 1st end of story. I can understand your frustration Wim but you should not name someone in this way.
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [Andy G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I can understand your frustration Wim but you should not name someone in this way.
I am not frustrated. I am just trying to help a friend ...
Indeed like some already said before, it is not the end of the world. It is worth the try and if it does not work, he will just do another race next year and try to qualify again.

Was this guy happy about "his win" or did he do a Nina Kraft and was not really happy , more a bit a shamed of himself.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
> > You never explained your 1 hour improvement in a mere 4 months. Did you cheat?

> > ok, I confess, the pressure from the transitions board was to big. I HAD to perform

You will not accept that the guy who beat your friend improved drastically, but we should accept your improvement at face value? You, my friend, are a pill.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He looked happy enough.

As I was relying on someone else’s report of what had happened I did not confront him about it. If I had witnessed it myself that would have been different.
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [Andy G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh well,

I remember @ Nice a few years ago somebody was caught cheaten wel after the event. When the race images came out it showed the number 1376 orso on the bike and it was a white dude, then the number 1376 was taken a picture of on the run and he had grown a moustache and was suddenly black !!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
oh well,

I remember @ Nice a few years ago somebody was caught cheaten wel after the event. When the race images came out it showed the number 1376 orso on the bike and it was a white dude, then the number 1376 was taken a picture of on the run and he had grown a moustache and was suddenly black !!!
That is gold
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
oh well,

Well many people are out there long enough to grow a 'tache and pick up a bit of colour.

Anyway, I just thought I should correct something in your original post: At IM France Zvika biked a 6-13-47. In your first post you listed him as doing 6-24. This was no doubt a mistake, you took results that included transitions, but it makes Zvika look worse than you're already making him look. So the alledged improvements are not so outrageous!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many years ago, maybe 1996, there was this guy, I think his name was David Simpson, that cheated his way into Hawaii. He had really fast times in Roth and then it was proven that he hadn't completed the whole run course. It was in all the mags and rst at the time.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [sticky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the point is he is cheating someone out of an IMH spot, not just himself.

-------------
"Knowledge is good" - Emil Faber
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [BigBloke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

In Reply To
oh well,

I remember @ Nice a few years ago somebody was caught cheaten wel after the event. When the race images came out it showed the number 1376 orso on the bike and it was a white dude, then the number 1376 was taken a picture of on the run and he had grown a moustache and was suddenly black !!![/reply]

Quote:
Well many people are out there long enough to grow a 'tache and pick up a bit of colour.
Hilarious!
Quote Reply

Prev Next