Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [wimothy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply][i]You missed his entire point. WHAT IF HE DIDN'T MISS A LOOP?[/i]

then I will ask him to be my coach, because I sure as hell would like to improve so much so fast..[/reply]

I'm doing IMF this year and I'm hoping to improve my bike split by a lot. If Wim can tell me how much of an improvement, either in straight time or percentage of improvement I can have before I'm called a cheater, I'd appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [Frank13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I'm doing IMF this year and I'm hoping to improve my bike split by a lot. If Wim can tell me how much of an improvement, either in straight time or percentage of improvement I can have before I'm called a cheater, I'd appreciate it.
no I cannot . their isn't a defined case that measures this. there is a very, very big grey area. however there are some clear cases which even a blind can see....

http://www.wimdedoncker.be
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [Kanipupski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I met Julia, so I feel fairly certain she missed the turns by accident. I passed her on the bike, btw, and never saw her again, so I fear she might have missed the extra loops, i.e, possibly cut 40+ miles off the course. But, again, this is the RACE DIRECTOR'S RESPONSIBILITY to ensure the integrity of the race course. Yes, individuals have the responsibility to know the course, but under the circumstances it would have been fairly easy to miss the turns by misreading the signs. For the record, my 9 hour bike split speaks for itself. :) (I had bad cramps. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.)

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Last edited by: Robert: Aug 25, 05 11:32
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I met Julia, so I feel fairly certain she missed the turns by accident.

she wasn't riding a P3 carbon ? :-)

No serious, she missed them indeed undeliberate...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The wicker basket with the bologna and baguettes was a dead giveaway. :)

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Imagine she would have a slot for Kona. I'm sure she would refuse it because she didn't rode the entire leg and she wouldn't take the slot from someone who deserves it more, right ? Well, that would be her decision and would have nothing to do with WTC. Same for Mr. Zvika. These bike results are a joke and that is not fair to those who trained long and hard to get a ticket to Kona. My 2 euros.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fuck a duck and try to fly
Last edited by: Kanipupski: Aug 25, 05 11:42
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [Kanipupski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She was the only person in her age group as I recall. Given the unreasonable bike cutoff time for such a difficult course, I do not begrudge her taking the slot.

The race organizers need to start from ground zero and tighten up this race. The swim start was very dodgy as well, including a false start, something I've never seen before. (109 races)l

-Robert

Last edited by: Robert: Aug 25, 05 12:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Imagine she would have a slot for Kona. I'm sure she would refuse it because she didn't rode the entire leg and she wouldn't take the slot from someone who deserves it more, right ? Well, that would be her decision and would have nothing to do with WTC. Same for Mr. Zvika. These bike results are a joke and that is not fair to those who trained long and hard to get a ticket to Kona. My 2 euros.
she took it .......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wim
Are you refering to the same person about whom, on your website (http://www.wimdedoncker.be), you wrote the following:

2. The female age group winner ( only finisher) in 60-64 did not accept her slot, because she wanted to give the young ones the change. It rolled down to the 30-34 age group
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why are you all picking on Wimothy. His concern seems right to me. It IS strange that a guy biking 6h+ on easy courses bikes as fast on a tough course as IM UK. If someone must be blamed, should be the race director.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
comon guys, it' s obvious something's rotten in the IM UK bikeleg. (now I'm getting poetical;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [BigBloke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Wim
Are you refering to the same person about whom, on your website (http://www.wimdedoncker.be), you wrote the following:

2. The female age group winner ( only finisher) in 60-64 did not accept her slot, because she wanted to give the young ones the change. It rolled down to the 30-34 age group
no sorry, my mistake that was the 55-59 !! I'll change that

Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [oogachaka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Why are you all picking on Wimothy. His concern seems right to me. It IS strange that a guy biking 6h+ on easy courses bikes as fast on a tough course as IM UK. If someone must be blamed, should be the race director.

That's all he had to say. He didn't have to name the guy and call him a cheater in a public forum. To me, something being "strange" isn't enough to call someone a cheat and name him publicly. In our sport being labeled a cheater or a cheat is just about the worst thing to be called. They're not words you just toss out based on suspicion. This has happened two times now with Wim; one of which I witnessed as a spectator and it wasn't very pretty.
Last edited by: Trevor S: Aug 25, 05 12:55
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This has happened two times now with Wim; one of which I witnessed as a spectator and it wasn't very pretty.
really, tell me more cause I still believe that he cut that particular course ! If you had seen it happen everybody in my position would have suspected that. I am not 100 % sure he did, he claims he didn't and so it will be. That matter is in the past.
This one is not.

I am anxious waiting for a response of Zvika or one of his friends who've read this post. and again this could not be the case if I would have kept his name a secret.

Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [Frank13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hell, my bike time at IMLP this year was 30 minutes slower than my average, and 36 minutes slower than my bike PR. I have either been cheating all this time, or I rode extra this year. All I know is that it is not my fault! And it certainly wasn't that my nutrition plan this year was "let's grab whatever thay have at the aid stations."

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After what I witnessed last year I would recommend this gentleman not respond to you. Whatever the answer it won't satisfy "THE REF" and you're not in a position (I hope ) to do anything about it, anyway.

Great PR for your sponsers: http://www.xtri.com/article.asp?id=1239
Last edited by: Trevor S: Aug 25, 05 13:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With as much as IM costs, there's no way these types of errors should occur. The proper placing of timing mats is probably the most CRITICAL duty of the race organizers. That blows! Here's another reason to swear off the official Ironman races.

Kona Kev
Go Reston Area Triathletes (RATS)!
Sponsored by Hammer Nutrition, Bonzai Sports, and DeSoto
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
After what I witnessed last year I would recommend this gentleman not respond to you. Whatever the answer it won't satisfy "THE REF" and you're not in a position (I hope ) to do anything about it, anyway.

Great PR for your sponsers: http://www.xtri.com/article.asp?id=1239

hey it is the only thing that made that report interesting....
and why did he backed down ? because he knew if he finished behind me , I would let go ? Because he did not had the legs to do so ? If he would have been straight in his shoes that would have ment he was running a lot faster then me and overtaking would have been no problem.... Also If it would have been the otherway around and I did not cut the course and someone was accusing me of, I would have been pissed of and passed him anyway..

but again this is in the past, who cares. The guy in question is a guy with triathlon in his blood and turned ot to be a great guy ( cheater or not and again deliberat or not )

It is all about the UK race, and the WTC aknowledges the problem and are looking into it ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
by the way trevor S , I think you are an idiot dragging old cows out of the ditch .

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check the history of this year's IMAZ, there was a fair amount of that problem with the multiple loops.
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [ktkva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Erm, I'd say that SAFETY would be their most critical duty to be honest.

I'd prefer no-one drowned on the swim rather than someone missed a timing mat.

But yeah - timing is obviously very important.
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [cougie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just hopping through this thread...sitting here in amazement that with as complex a course as that, no timing mats at all of the turnarounds...wow bigtime.
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii slot controverse @ IM UK - trying to solve [cougie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Wim has left over frustration about being beaten by a GIRL, or did she "cut the course" too? Get over it wim, if your friend was so upset why didn't he raise the issue here? IS he to old to use a computer or is it that you have a bee under your bonnet cause oh did I mention you got beaten by a GIRL?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
WTC aknowledges the problem
What do you mean by the "WTC acknowledges the problem"? What problem?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wim, calm down. i thought i saw someone skip a north loop. but they are only cheating themselves and we cannot prove it. the imuk organisers relied on honesty and did not use timing mats - i'm not sure why....

be cool. calm down. its history.
Quote Reply

Prev Next