Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Triathlete Magazine [suladoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you'll find the photos exhibit some of her brazilian culture like others have mentioned...;)
Last edited by: fulla: Mar 12, 07 17:44
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [de-tri-mental] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
And I certainly won't be able to comment on men who find that shoot offensive (I pretend I am not smart enough to understand that). But my experience sais that all those prudish guys have to hide something....
I agree. Any heterosexual male who finds that photo offensive needs a testosterone patch more than Floyd Landis.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [FeltGood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read Sport Illustrated for sports stories, not because I want to see half naked women every February

Who the heck am I kidding!

She is on the cover to compete with the SI swimsuit issue, Maxim and every other swimsuit issue that is on the stands this month

---------------------------
"This wheel definitely beat the 808 in this test, no question, and I do commend Hed on producing a really fast wheel...the wheel is fast, I am not disputing that." - joshatzipp on the Stinger 9
My Website
HEDmafia.com
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [Red Devil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All other 'issues' aside, I'd say personally that her body looks imbalanced. She's got a bony, emaciated (dare I say, fit old-lady) upper body in relation to her beefy, youngish looking legs. She has very little of the swimmers upper body that help even out most female triathletes I've seen (admittedly not all of them, but I'm trying!).
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [TiRider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Half Speed....does your wife know about your F.K. obsession?

Lar Dog
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [vatolovato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"As long as I'm giving my commentary, I think Fernanda's cover is one of the hottest for any tri magazine... ever. (And my wife agrees!)"

Agreed. BTW, your wife's new FSA ad is pretty damn hot, too!!...AND my wife agrees me. In fact she pointed it out.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i think she looks great, and is well accomplished. i could only wish to look that good when i'm in my 40's (hell, even now!!!). more power to her, is my thought.

however, i must admit that i hate that bikini--honestly, there are many other better choices. that top (which is straight 80's) did nothing for her, it only made her look even more flat chested and wasn't sexy. the shot of her in the pink one piece is way hotter, IMO.

the shots in the article are better...yes she is topless, but...the problem with the bikini was the stupid top to begin with! but i digress (i know, no one wants to hear me critique swimwear).

i don't think it should be about who is hot, who is not, etc. i just like to see accomplished athletes, but would prefer if the shots weren't always so sexual...specifically when the cover is of a woman. it would be nice for women to be on the cover because of who they are, not because of their sexuality. additionally, men are never positioned this way (so sexually) on the cover. i do not like that...and would at least like it to be equal with some hottie guy on the cover nearly nude with abs flexing. is that too much to ask???

lol.
My response when I got mine in the mail, was "wow she looks great". Now that I know that she is 40 it makes me like the picture even more. It inspires me to think that if I eat right and lose a few lbs then maybe I might perform better and even look a little like her. I don't care that she is in a bikini. (But I think you are right there are bikini tops that could flatter her chest more and have given her a little more cleavage. But then what would the "ST bitches" (this is sarcasm just in case it isn't obvious) have said?) Maybe they are just trying to show that you can be a female triathlete and still look like a woman. The picture doesn't offend me in the least. But I am offended by stick thin anoxeric models being depicted as beautiful. This woman looks healthy and strong and that is beautiful in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [Lar Dog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replying to: Re: Triathlete Magazine [Brian Hughes] by Lar Dog Post: I like her armpit hair

Lar Dog

http://theachievementzone.com/Lardog.htm

Nappy dugout!

Personally, I'm no longer going to buy Triathlete as the content no longer provides inspiration nor aid. I do like the race coverage that they do though. When will newspapers start to pick up on triathlon? It is pretty sad here in Canada.

------------------------

Toronto Retailer and Fitter

hellovelo.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [almost tri-ing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
someone said not to google fernanda keller as you come across a certain link...now i can't seem to find that link...
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [FIRMcourtney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i dont think anyone should be on there naked, wiseass. as noted in my above comment i think its shameless. maybe you just didnt see that reply yet.
k.meyers was in a tri suit, mid race. for her cover. not posing half naked for....no apparent reason.
but again, whatever will make people keep up with their subscriptions.
Curious, as it almost made me want to cancel my subscription. Guess I'm back to the coin toss for deciding to go with Inside Tri or Triathlete. Oh, the agony.//d

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he or she probably meant don't do a google image search... with the SafeSearch turned off...

Quote | Reply
Quote:
whatever will make people keep up with their subscriptions

That's the shame of it all. I switched to Inside Triathlon this year to see if there's a difference, which I hear there is.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [NamssoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
   About nine years ago I began my subscription to Triathlete Magazine. The first issue I received had Lori Bowden on the cover, in what appeared to be a short sleeve wetsuit. It turned out it was body paint and she was bare! Whoa! It was really well done, and I wish I had kept it. I think the magazine made a poster of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got my issue yesterday, and refused to read this thread before I had the magazine in my hands.

I think Fernanda looks great. She's a hard-working athlete, she's 40, she's got a great body, and apparently she's comfortable showing it off.

As to the comments about her physique being unbalanced: I challenge all the under 40 women to look near as good as Fernanda when they are her age and develop a "beefier" upper body. It is harder to put muscle up there when you are in Ironman training and, ahem, a bit older (I'm 50 myself), than it is to add it onto your legs. I take my own measurements periodically through the season, and in typical fashion my biceps will get smaller (what do I need them for anyway???), my calves will go up and down 1/2", and my thighs get bigger when my cycling volume picks up, even though I'm in maintenance mode for strength training. But I do keep up strength training year-round, and I do get a little annoyed when I'm told I look like a "runner" (well-developed legs; less developed upper body), but it's usually because most people are more familiar with runners than triathletes.

Any woman who can put out the watts that Fernanda does on the bike is bound to have, well, big guns in her legs.

As to personal preferences on the finer points of the female physique--to each their own. All of you under 40 people will be quite fortunate to look even close to as good as Fernanda when you reach her age, and if you do and someone asks you to pose for the cover of a magazine wearing a bikini and shoes, then it is your choice to do so or not.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [Lar Dog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No obsession; just admiration for a beautiful form – one of the reasons to stay in triathlon.
In fact, my wife pointed the picture out to me. I told her who it is and her age. She was impressed. I grabbed the mag and excused myself to the bathroom... and then flipped to the back to read Tinley.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have it sitting here at work at my desk. Fun to watch the folks pick it up and I say you must be looking at the bike. :o)

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dude, scan it and post. i canceled my subscription awhile back due to the fluff nature of the mag, but for me to truly evaluate the content of this post, i will need to see the pics. :)

sorry, missed the scans on the first time around.

(use code #48352 for 15% off your first order)
*Feel free to PM me with any specific questions about Hammer products*
Last edited by: slugchowder: Mar 15, 07 14:11
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [slugchowder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STr Rob posted a scan of the cover right here in this thread...
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=1228828;search_string=;#1228828

It'll be hard getting your computer into the bathroom.... unless you have a laptop.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm waiting for Triathlete Mag to someday have a centerfold. Skin to win, baby....... that's why Triathlete Mag sells more issues than Inside Tri.

It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's.....Mequonman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, so I got my issue on Tuesday. And really, it's no big deal. There are more revealing female pictures elsewhere in the magazine.

The sherpa looked at the topless pic and said "That's a horrible picture -- they didn't even make her look at ALL feminine." Well, matters of opinion. She was impressed that Fernanda is in her 40's...

In any case, hoopla is over. Carry on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [Rob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the "bike issue" shot with her on the P3 was really well done. I'd pay for a poster of that any day.

Speaking of which, did Samson ever actually put out the poster they advertised last year?

--------------------------------------------------
Yeah, it's a great bike but the engine needs work.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [quellish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4 pages and 97 posts for a pair of boobs?? What's wrong with you people??
Is that the ST version of Janet and Justin at the Superbowl?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just wish the magazine was more accurate. I have already found 2 mistakes about what they recommended for bike parts.
I will never trust them again.

I also did not agree with the writer about crank length, and wrote him with my data. Have not see any response. :o)

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply

Prev Next