Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Your longest run on a treadmill is... [Hurricane Bob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Genius! of sorts!

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: Your longest run on a treadmill is... [tri4ever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Sorry... but anyone who runs on a treadmill, with the exceptions I mentioned above, as part of there training for a marathon or triathlon, is either not a serious runner or just a pussy.

Well how about a $500 bet that my treadmill running self beats your outdoor running self at any race you want HIM distance or under. Or better yet, lets make it best of three with $500 per race and after three races the loser has to kick in an extra $1000 for being the biggest pussy on ST! I guess the real question is are you brave enough to back up your smack talking with your racing.

I'm so bold that I'll even propse another wager, of course that is if you think you can handle it, another $500 per race that the slower runner has to pay the faster runner.

You going to back up your smack talk Mr. I'll run at 4am outside?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Your longest run on a treadmill is... [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't you had enough bets... or is that the lack of caffeine talking?
Quote Reply
Re: Your longest run on a treadmill is... [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm enjoying the wagering. hopefully I will win one soon. I did bet a 8 handicapper that if he spotted me 3 strokes per hole, I'd bet him $200 per hole in golf. Of course I have not touched a club in about 8 years. So I think I can take him.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Oct 27, 06 19:31
Quote Reply
Re: Your longest run on a treadmill is... [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back off buster. I called him out first. :)
Last edited by: MPB1950: Oct 27, 06 19:34
Quote Reply
Re: Your longest run on a treadmill is... [MPB1950] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well it looks like we will al have to show up at the same race, you have your bet and I'll have my bet with him. He'll lose more than the first place pro wins!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Your longest run on a treadmill is... [Rob C in FL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"Plus, on a treadmill the ground moves undernear you, so you are not really propelling yourself forward."

I know you're just trolling, but I can't resist making one comment: You really ought to sign up for a beginning physics course. :)

Here's one way of looking at it:

You can think of the earth a large tredmill which rotates or spins at about 1000 mph. If you run at 10 miles per hour in the opposite direction of the rotation you could say that you are actually going backwards at 990 mph. It is important to remember that motion is all relative and you need reference points to define motion.
Quote Reply
Re: Your longest run on a treadmill is... [Dreadnought] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now you're just making too much sense :)

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Your longest run on a treadmill is... [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can stand about 5 minutes on a treadmill, so I guess less than a mile. I run outside in ANY weather.

I'm with you on that. I probably haven't run even a full mile on a treadmill in my entire life.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: Your longest run on a treadmill is... [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spent a year in Hanoi where it is very dangerous to run out on the roads; so I ran and ran and ran on the treadmill in our gym. In all that running I don't think I ever moved more than a few inches?
/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Your longest run on a treadmill is... [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3.5 hours once while in Okinawa...

So many 3 hour runs I've lost count...usually in winter darkness.

not the most fun thing...but better than not running...
Quote Reply

Prev Next