Re: Did Stadler cheat? [YAMA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amen

Herbert
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The draft off a vehicle is much much greater than another cyclist. Casts some doubt on the record breaking 4:18 ride.

Casts doubt??? That's one of the dumbest things I've read yet. And I only say that because every year the lead biker will get the same draft from the lead vehicles and camera crews. Normann got it this year, Faris & Sindballe the year before that, Normann the year before that...you get the picture. It's a constant - the vehicles will always be there with the leader, so the leader every year benefits from that draft. It's not like this was the first year that there were vehicles with the leader.

With that logic, tell me again...why does the presence of the vehicle cast doubt on the 4:18 ride??? It's apples to apples, and Norman dominated the bike, on a total level playing field as everyone else who has led the bike every other year. He got the exact same advantage as he got 2 years ago, and as Sindballe got last year...and the end result was that he was faster than any other ride ever. The guy is a kick ass biker, plain and simple.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Stadler cheat? [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amen.
Quote Reply
Re: Stadler says Macca Cheated [rhodes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macca hits back

http://www.chrismccormack.com/...ryDetail.aspx?id=132

"I had no issues with Stadler before ( we were not friends but had a solid rivalry) but I have a real problem with the guy now. His is a “simple” guy and his remarks post race show this. I would like to thank him for giving me the fire and motivation for next season and I look forward to racing him soon."
Quote Reply
Re: Stadler says Macca Cheated [Manko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This whole crap talk reminds me of boxing where one fighter has beaten the other one twice, and after the second loss the loser starts talking about how he's gonna "kick some ass next time".

Why doesn't he just stop talking and focus on winning next year's race? Is he really saying that next year he's going to be "more motivated" than this year? Anyone believe that? Can you really "race angry" for 8 hours? Doesn't he realize he's not going to win a "war of words" with a two-time champ?

IMO, Macca is looking at how close the race was and thinks he can make up the time. He has no idea whether Normann had more left in the tank if was to ever actually see Macca running behind him.

Just seems weird/dumb for a guy that's never won (Kona) to talk smack to a guy that's won 2 in 3 years. Did Macca say anything about beating Faris, because that would be great ... smack talk to the winners of the last 3 Kona winners (who both accuse Macca of drafting illegally).

At what point do they start scratching at each other and throwing pillows?

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Did Stadler cheat? [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No...last year Sindballe was in 2nd position for a lot of the ride. Not a lot of cameras following the solo guy in second. IMO, Sindballe's ride was pretty damn good. He probably had the whole entourage (sp?) with him after he passed Faris but not before that point. He did it alone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Draft zone for vehicles for age groupers is 30m back and 15m to the side. But for pros, the zone is 15m back and 1m to the side. Maybe the 1m side zone is there for camera shots?
Quote Reply

Prev Next