Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: So I win the Muncie Endurathon...but then the refs give me a BS penalty... [BIGZACH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So if it was racked properly, what was the penalty for?

In what way did the official determine that it was improperly racked.

I think we need pictures as so one seems to understand the situation.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by BIGZACH [ In reply to ]
Re: So I win the Muncie Endurathon...but then the refs give me a BS penalty... [konaby2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know for a fact, USAT reads this. One has to assume EVERYONE reads ST, include this ref.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Last edited by: h2ofun: Jul 15, 06 16:21
Quote Reply
Re: So I win the Muncie Endurathon...but then the refs give me a BS penalty... [BIGZACH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still makes no sense. If you racked it, why would you have to ask an official if its racked properly?

Dave

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"...So I decide to put my bike ont the end of the rack b/c only about half of the rack is being used. This will be important later..."

"So what was I supposed to do...rack my bike on top of everyone else and kick their stuff outta the way???"

no more splitting hairs. it was either properly positioned inside the rack support legs, or outside. can't be that tough to figure out.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ok I guess I forgot to Clairify this..........SORRY........there were spots labeled for everyone, and they were really close together and by the time I arrived the bikes around my spot had crowded my designated space....the race was for #'s 15-30 I think, and the after the 30 spots there was stilll ALOT of rack space left...so I went to the "OPEN" rack space and put my bike....still on the rack that was designated for bikes 15-30.

Ok, now things are getting clearer, and I am starting to have some sympathy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, it all makes sense now. And I agree it was a BS penalty. I guess you should have OK'd not racking your bike in your designated spot prior to the race starting. Who in the heck even noticed that your bike was not in the correct spot?

Congratulations on your "win" it sounds like you kicked butt and overcame some stinky hot conditions. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So are you saying you were a numbered racer, and did not put your bike correctly at your number?

I know when I see racers show up "late" to a race and then push bikes out of the way on the best rack, I get real upset!!! I have been at a number of races where I am the very first bike on the race, so yep, I try to find what I think is the best spot.

No matter what the reason is, if one gets to a race late, I always figure it must not be that important.

But, rules are rules. I wonder if you would be upset if the other guys beat you, you saw them break a rule, any rule.

No way they gave you a penalty unless it clearly broke the rules is where I would be my money. Maybe we can ask the ref to give us the other side of the story? :o)

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gotcha. it was "properly" racked....but not in the space assigned.

you didn't have time to ask for help or get a variance up front? sounds like you knew there was an issue from the get go.

and the slam on the official is still lame.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow 9:10 at your last IM. Thats a killer time!! Congrads.

Dave

Quote Reply
Post deleted by JoB [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am always at the rack 90 minutes before race start. But, yep, lots get there late.

So, if the racks were numbered, and you were there 35 minutes before race start, seems like it was plenty of time to move bikes out of the way so you got your space. I know when I do wildflower, all the spots are marked, and there are some folks who try to take more space then they get. So yep, there stuff gets moved.

I am just trying to learn what happened to you so I can try and make sure I dont get caught in the same situation like you did.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This reminds me of the time KJGrog got 4 minutes for cutting his race number.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Article VII

Transition Area Conduct

Section 7.3

"Bicycle Placement. All participants must return their bicycles to an upright position in the properly designated bicycle corral .......Any violation of this section shall result in a variable time penalty."

I could not find anything about what happens if the spots are numbered per person, and one puts their bike in a different spot.

Article III

General ruls of conduct and penalties

3.8 Acts Warranting Suspension

b). Gross or continued unsportsmanlike conduct

Be careful.

Dave

Last edited by: h2ofun: Jul 15, 06 16:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So again, why did you get a penalty? I still dont understand. I also see nothing in the rule book other than the word corral even though I have always been told you have to put your bike back from where it started.

Again, I am very very interested to understand what happened. To take away a first place with such a killer performance is something I want to understand. Since I have started to be the ref in TA areas, am trying to learn what happened in case I see the same type of situation, what ever it is that I cant see.

Thanks for the help trying to have use see what happened.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you get a written rule section that you broke? If not, or made no sense, did you protest as article X says you can do?

(Have you ordered your free rule book from USAT?)

I thought if anyone gets a penalty, you can request a written reason why and be shown in the rule book what you broke. So far I can only find the word corral in the rule book I am looking at. Did he give you a section you broke?

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree. Start a new thead and title and put down why you were told you got a penalty. Again, I got the rule book right here in my hands, and wait, I just read it again.

Section VII

7.2 Placement of Equipment

All participants shall place equipment only in the properly designated and individually assigned bicycle corral .... Any violation... is time penalty.

So, right or wrong, there it is. So, if this was a USAT event, and you were first, have to say, they did the right thing. Sorry

Dave

Quote Reply

Prev Next