Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by BIGZACH
Re: So I win the Muncie Endurathon...but then the refs give me a BS penalty... [BIGZACH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You got fucked...No good deed goes unpunished.

Now, If I was in second I would have given you the money that you lost (that I would have gained). There should have been some honor in that at least (I would not be shocked if he offered).

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: So I win the Muncie Endurathon...but then the refs give me a BS penalty... [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And before folks flame me for my usual "rules are rules" stance...a penalty for racking a bike where it "should" be is stupid in this instance as he was on the proper rack.

Quote Reply
Re: So I win the Muncie Endurathon...but then the refs give me a BS penalty... [BIGZACH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you say "one the end of the rack", do you mean it was leaning up against the end of the rack, and not hanging from the bar? If so, tough luck, poor decision on your part. You say you arrived late, but only about half the rack was being used. Why didn't you go down the part of the rack not being used?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stupid penalty, unless there is some time advantage for not having your bike "racked". If it were me, and I knew a penalty could be assessed, find someone before and clear it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
...So I decide to put my bike ont the end of the rack b/c only about half of the rack is being used. This will be important later...think BS penalty.

Man, that sucks. But I don't understand the quote above. If only half the rack was being used, why was there no room?

Just remember, regardless of the $500 (which absolutely sucks), you still won the race, and the other competitors know it (which matters in my mind).

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, regardless - GREAT job. Tough competition at Muncie!

Post deleted by BIGZACH [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: BIGZACH: Jul 15, 06 15:36
Quote | Reply
I still don't understand where you bike was. Were there individually marked spots for each athelete, and you didn't have your bike in your spot? Did you move to another age group rack that had an open spot on the end? You say that you didn't want to move everyone's stuff out of your way, so it sounds like the prime spots on the end of the rack were taken, what does your racked on the end mean? I believe "properly racked" means between the legs of the rack if there are any, and not leaning up against the end, or barely hanging onto the little stub that extends beyond the legs.

The other athletes got there before you, the best spots were taken, you decided that you were so important that you were entitled to a great rack spot and racked your bike improperly (according to the rules and the officials), you got busted. Too bad. Get there on time next time. Or find the athletes that got to the race before them and explain to them how important you are and how they need to move to give you a great rack spot because you are in the running for the win.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by konaby2008 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a "mind-f*ck" technicality to me.

Glad you whooped some butts anyway. You should feel proud of your race results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tough break after all that.

however.

in the interest of interpretation; "...I just "racked it" on the end...." says you leaned it against the end of the rack. and you've done how many USAT events not to know better?

and there were no USAT folks, or race admin types around for you to ask assistance from to find a proper spot?

"The worst part was the referee was fat"

that is so lame and just wrong. Muncie has better ambassadors of the sport regardless of finishing time.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Re: So I win the Muncie Endurathon...but then the refs give me a BS penalty... [konaby2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was the Ref Fat? I be he was...lard ass was just upset that his wife was cheering for you all day...he is problaby at home now yelling at her that he showed you who the real man was, and throwing his empty beer cant at her demanding more mayo in his egg salad.

(there, now he can come after me in races! - if he is reading ST - and I doubt he is ;-)

now you can delete the other fat posts!

Quote Reply
Re: So I win the Muncie Endurathon...but then the refs give me a BS penalty... [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got busted at my first duathlon due to a similar situation. I was late getting into transition (a whole other story), and there were no spots open on the rack I was supposed to use. I leaned my bike against a fence at the end of the rack I was supposed to be using and set everything up there. After I left the transition area, a ref spotted my violation. Rather than wait until the race was over and penalize me, they paged me back to the transition area (about 10 minutes before the race started). The ref met my at my bike and explained that it had to be on the rack, and actually listened when I told him there was no space. He then pointed out another rack (different age group) and told me I could rack my bike there. It was a little hectic setting up my transition spot in the last few minutes before the race, but I got it done and had a good race (unfortunately I didn't come close to winning...)

I don't see why they couldn't have done the same for you. It seems like some people get off on busting you, rather than preventing a violation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hum....I have 4-5 photos of IM champs parking their bikes are the end of the rack. Ole Simon at IMLP comes to mind at the moment.

Stupid penalty, very stupid.

I give 33.3% of the blame for you. Perhaps should have spoke up

33.3% goes to the officials in the transition, who "99.9%" of the time FIX most penalties and bike violations they see. (I've witnessed officials taping bar ends on bike while the pros are racing)

33.4% of the blame goes to the enforcement. Bad decision. It's not a violation that would have altered the race results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The worst part was the referee was fat....
With that attitude, you got what you deserved. What goes around comes around and it appears you had it coming. Tough shit! Run faster next time so the penalty won't matter.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: So I win the Muncie Endurathon...but then the refs give me a BS penalty... [dbh1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zach, how did I know this would be one here.....Long day for everyone, long week for me. Quick thanks to everyone involved, we had a great day, great competition and very hot weather! Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As others have said, what does end of the rack mean? What did you get the penalty for? It was either on the rack, or it was not. I always try to put my back at the "end" of the rack, but its on the rack. No way you could have gotten a penalty if it was "on" the rack. Unless, are you a pro or something and you had to be on a certain rack.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Post deleted by konaby2008 [ In reply to ]
Post deleted by JoB [ In reply to ]
Re: So I win the Muncie Endurathon...but then the refs give me a BS penalty... [Diesel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It's not a violation that would have altered the race results.

In the end, no, it didn't affect the results, BUT... his actions were IMPROVING his position. He had a choice, he could rack his bike properly farther down the rack and maybe lose 3 - 6 seconds (which wouldn't have affected the results either), or to rack his bike improperly "on the end of the rack", which was a better position.

In the case above, the athlete didn't improve his position, and wasn't rude to the other athletes who got there ahead of him, so the officials gave him the courtesy of informing him of the violation before the race and allowed him to correct it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what was the violation for? Why didn't the officials think it was racked properly? I still don't understand where you bike was racked.
Quote Reply

Prev Next