Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: offensive terms thrown around here [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My company just had a new opening for bike messenger... Boss told me he wants no triathletes, they are too soft. Guess OP just proved him right.
Quote Reply
Re: offensive terms thrown around here [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
My company just had a new opening for bike messenger... Boss told me he wants no triathletes, they are too soft. Guess OP just proved him right.

Well, a triathlete is generally the antithesis of the personality type of a bike messenger anyway.

A bike messenger needs at least 8 local brewery stickers on your car, been in college for 6 years, owns 7 bikes, has at least 5 years of facial hair growth in dreds, 3 piercings, no rear derailleur, and 9 tattoos.
Quote Reply
Re: offensive terms thrown around here [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:

A bike messenger needs at least 8 local brewery stickers on your car, been in college for 6 years, owns 7 bikes, has at least 5 years of facial hair growth in dreds, 3 piercings, no rear derailleur, and 9 tattoos.

That is a lot of IMs.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
synthetic wrote:

Well, a triathlete is generally the antithesis of the personality type of a bike messenger anyway.

That's sexist

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: offensive terms thrown around here [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it time ironman became carbonperson?

Apart from being sexist, noone uses rusting iron for anything in cycling
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Feb 15, 18 9:49
Quote Reply
Re: offensive terms thrown around here [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
manofthewoods wrote:
... the ever popular NCAA conference: "Big Ten"

... Which has 14 schools

Quote Reply
Re: offensive terms thrown around here [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
Is it time ironman became carbonperson?

Apart from being sexist, no one uses rusting iron for anything in cycling

Discriminates against people who don't have the means to acquire plastic bikes/components

Certainly elitist, possibly racist

#steelisireal

Quote Reply
Re: offensive terms thrown around here [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
BLeP wrote:
dhr wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:

It’s the whole snowflake issue that has been talked about for the past few years. People determine something is offensive because of what they associate the term with and therefore they are mad about it. No one can fix what you want to associate a term with, even if it is in not actually what the term means in the context of what it is used for.

Dude, get some perspective. One person pointed out some words he found problematic on here and we have 7 pages of overly sensitive man-children up in arms about it.

Not up in arms. Mostly mocking his outrage over fairly benign terms.

everyone should listen to BLeP. If anyone should be in a constant state of butthurt, it's BLeP. And yet, we hear no complaints.

;-)

As a gay man, I take it as my personal responsibility to be offended by the term "butthurt" for every male homosexual everywhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Per-son is definately sexist

Don't want to light any fuses
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
Don't want to light any fuses

Discriminates against coyotes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
synthetic wrote:

That's sexist

None of you got the intended joke.........nobody yet.....keep looking. It's soooo obvious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh fuck! You dick!!!

That's really clever

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just riding a bike at all is super offensive to those cultures that didn't have wheels until invaders showed up with them. Look at those cyclists, all smug with their advanced conquistador technology and smallpox immunity.

And "Specialized" implies that you're better at something than other people. How dare they?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: offensive terms thrown around here [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Specialized" implies that you're better at something than other people. How dare they?

ONLY one thing, though

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
None of you got the intended joke.........nobody yet.....keep looking. It's soooo obvious.

I believe I broke the code but I don't know how it applies ? Maybe tommy can explain it further.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: offensive terms thrown around here [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if I don't get the answer, who can I turn to?

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: offensive terms thrown around here [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Quote:

I believe I broke the code but I don't know how it applies ? Maybe tommy can explain it further.

Let me say: it's not that funny, and doesn't really apply ... I mean any earworm can be offensive, I guess?

YMMV

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BOOM got it!!! ahhhhhhh

kinda wish i didnt now.

daved
Quote Reply
Re: offensive terms thrown around here [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello jt10000 and All,

https://www.inquisitr.com/...ally-correct-speech/

"Bill Murray and Tim Allen are among countless influential comedians speaking out against the strict enforcement of politically correct speech. The fierce defense of the politically correct culture makes comedy more difficult. According to the Daily Aztec, it also “halts progression and conversation” on college campuses and impedes free speech.

Tim Allen, Dennis Prager, and Adam Carolla are making a feature film called No Safe Spaces, in defense of the right to free speech. According to Fox News, the insightful docudrama starring Tim Allen will explore the phenomenon of politically correct speech and its enforcement, on college campuses, in Hollywood, and in comedy."

jt10000 wrote:
Two that I've seen in the last few weeks: "popping cherry" and "crack pipe." Please think about original meaning of these words. I hope you'll avoid using them here.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: offensive terms thrown around here [daved] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
daved wrote:
BOOM got it!!! ahhhhhhh

kinda wish i didnt now.

daved

I probably shoulda been more forceful with my warning

Sorry

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with JT. Not kidding at all.

He made an observation and a reasonable suggestion. Nothing more.

If you're threatened by what he's done, then your life is blessed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
RandMart wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
synthetic wrote:

That's sexist

I wanna know why the BM is putting the sticker on MY car! That's offensive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
synthetic wrote:

Sounds like me and I only do Tri

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: offensive terms thrown around here [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully someone who can give you something to hold onto.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
YMMV

Offensive to drivers in metric countries!
C'mon think before you post..
Last edited by: spookini: Feb 15, 18 22:03
Quote Reply

Prev Next