Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Support for Trump has consistently held steady at ~40%, which I simply find mind boggling.

Nevertheless, I love this double standard by the right:

- Hillary gets a strike against her because destroyed the lives of women who her husband raped.

- Moore gets a pass on being a lech who pursued 14 year old girls.

fify

nice job on the edit, dummy : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Support for Trump has consistently held steady at ~40%, which I simply find mind boggling.

Nevertheless, I love this double standard by the right:

- Hillary gets a strike against her because destroyed the lives of women who her husband raped.

- Moore gets a pass on being a lech who pursued 14 year old girls.

fify

Agreed. Hilary was/is a complicit lying b*tch, and let's hope she's finished in politics.
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Quote:
Saw a story yesterday that said Moore is leading Jones 49-43, and 71% of Alabama Republicans don't believe the allegations against Moore. FWIW.

I'd actually feel better about things if those 71% said they believed the accusations but will vote for him anyway.

I keep hearing about the proverbial final straw, as it pertains to Trump, the GOP, and Trump supporters. There is no final straw. This is the new normal. His line about shooting someone in Times Square was prophetic.

You can feel better because I can't find any evidence supporting the 71% number. Only data I can find has less than half of republicans believing he did not make unwanted advances toward teenage girls.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Last edited by: H-: Dec 5, 17 14:02
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Church compares Roy Moore to Jesus...

https://us-east-1.tchyn.io/...2/Vote-Roy-Moore.jpg

ETA: Seems to be illegal too, based on the Federal law which prohibits political campaign activity by charities and churches by defining a 501(c)(3) organization as one “which does not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office.”
Last edited by: Kay Serrar: Dec 6, 17 9:49
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

ETA: Seems to be illegal too, based on the Federal law which prohibits political campaign activity by charities and churches by defining a 501(c)(3) organization as one “which does not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office.”

Stupid comparison. I hate to see churches endorsing or attacking politicians. I went to church for nearly 50 years and have always thought they should stay out of politics.
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Stupid comparison. I hate to see churches endorsing or attacking politicians. I went to church for nearly 50 years and have always thought they should stay out of politics.

It would appear the House of Representatives disagrees with you.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

And what I heard on the radio a week ago or so is that he has made most all of his campaign appearances in churches. Illegal might be the wrong word. A church however could lose tax exempt status. In the case of speaking appearances, that can be ok if equal time is given to other side, per what was said on radio.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replying to last post in thread---

uh oh... someone caught fibbing.. http://www.businessinsider.com/...-inscription-2017-12
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now I would guess they will release the yearbook to an independent handwriting expert to confirm the rest of the message is legit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Now I would guess they will release the yearbook to an independent handwriting expert to confirm the rest of the message is legit.

It doesn't matter now. Her credibility is shot. She should have disclosed that from the start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Completely agree.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

It doesn't matter now. Her credibility is shot. She should have disclosed that from the start.

I think there is too much smoke around Moore for him to be innocent of all the allegations - but this revelation probably cemented his election.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Replying to last post in thread---

uh oh... someone caught fibbing.. http://www.businessinsider.com/...-inscription-2017-12
has to be fake news, I just watched the first 10min segment almost completely about Roy Moore on the Jake Tapper show and I didn't hear him mention a word about this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

She said she would, so long as she could have it done on the Senate floor.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
orphious wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

I think there is too much smoke around Moore for him to be innocent of all the allegations - but this revelation probably cemented his election.

Think you're probably right about him winning the election, but I also think in the longer term it will hurt the GOP badly if he does win. Many Repiblican millenials are very disappointed in the moral abdication of the party.

Meanwhile, here is more corroborating evidence of the account of Moore molesting a 14 year old when he was about 32. I saw the interview with this lady and her husband, and they seem 100% credible.

http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/...-assault?config=H264
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that the girl who said she went on a date with him, and when she said to stop, he did?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Think you're probably right about him winning the election, but I also think in the longer term it will hurt the GOP badly if he does win. Many Repiblican millenials are very disappointed in the moral abdication of the party.

lol.

Moore will win, and winning is all that will be remembered, given how quickly the news cycle spins these days. Polling doesn't mean jack squat anymore when it comes to shamed candidates. Voters will vote their party regardless of what they'll admit to publicly.

There is no morality in politics. That facade has been revealed for what it was.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that the girl who said she went on a date with him, and when she said to stop, he did?

So you don't see anything wrong with his conduct and are fine with him being a U.S Senator?

The moral decline in America and the rest of the world is really hard to understand but as long as your team wins, it's all good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:

This was the 14 year old whom he took back to his place, put a blanket on the floor, undressed to her underwear, undressed himself to his underwear and began fondling her. All while he was 32 years old.

You're saying the 14 year old consented?

Are you trying to defend Roy Moore's behavior towards that girl?

Please enlighten us.
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Quote:

lol.

Moore will win, and winning is all that will be remembered, given how quickly the news cycle spins these days. Polling doesn't mean jack squat anymore when it comes to shamed candidates. Voters will vote their party regardless of what they'll admit to publicly.

There is no morality in politics. That facade has been revealed for what it was.

I think at next year's mid terms, unless Roy Moore has been kicked out of the party after an ethics investigation, that the Dems will seize on this issue and hammer the GOP with it.

That being said, I think there's actually a chance he loses. The fact that he hasn't been campaigning publicly for almost a week has to mean something to those on the fence of whether to vote for him or not, while the Jones camp has been working hard to persuade people to get out and vote. The write in candidate Lee Busby may also take enough GOP votes to give the election to Jones, and you also have the other GOP senator from AL saying "we can do better than Roy Moore."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
and you also have the other GOP senator from AL saying "we can do better than Roy Moore."

This strikes me as extraordinary. Despite the President endorsing Moore (uncharitably: because he wants a puppet of his own and not, as he casts Jones, a Pelosi/Schumer puppet in the Senate), the senior senator from the same state and the same party publicly disavows Moore.

Surely that is not something that's been seen before.
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg66 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
and you also have the other GOP senator from AL saying "we can do better than Roy Moore."

This strikes me as extraordinary. Despite the President endorsing Moore (uncharitably: because he wants a puppet of his own and not, as he casts Jones, a Pelosi/Schumer puppet in the Senate), the senior senator from the same state and the same party publicly disavows Moore.

Surely that is not something that's been seen before.

Only once.

From AL.com

"For a state's senior senator to not support his party's nominee for the other seat is almost unheard of. Historians could find just one example: from 1990, when Louisiana's Republican nominee was David Duke, a former KKK leader. Alabamians should think hard about how effective Moore can be as junior senator, with such a fissure between him and Shelby, let alone other Republicans.

Shelby is not alone among Alabama conservatives or Republicans in his judgment against Moore. Alabama's Young Republican Federation pulled their endorsement from Moore. State Sen. Dick Brewbaker has stated that he won't support Moore. And we suspect there may be other Republican leaders quietly planning to vote against Moore.

Outside of Alabama, the last Republican nominee for president before Donald Trump has also declared Moore unacceptable. Mitt Romney also might be dismissed as an outsider by Moore, but he won more than 60 percent of Alabamians votes in 2012, nearly 200,000 more votes than Roy Moore who shared the ballot with him. Republican Evan McMullin's PAC has taken out ads against Roy Moore, as have Log Cabin Republicans. The outspoken opposition to Roy Moore by his own party, particularly given the balance of power in Washington, is surprising and noteworthy."
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

So you don't see anything wrong with his conduct and are fine with him being a U.S Senator?

The current line is "That's for the voters of Alabama to decide." You don't even have to hold your nose when you say it, since you are abdicating any moral stance you might have had.

And don't forget "The women should be heard."

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haven't read whole thread but when the senior senator, Shelby, says he cannot vote for Moore despite the heavy red influence, it says a lot. of course all the media attention will make the far right dig in even more.
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A radio station that I listen to is based in Alabama. I was in my car yesterday and heard advertisements from both sides. They're both pretty disgusting.

Moore was accusing Jones of trying to start a race war.
Quote Reply

Prev Next