Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would you mind explaining the school yearbook and put it in context for me?

In particular, the last line under his name?

Thanks in advance.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:

Thanks in advance.

He denied knowing the latest (5th, in case any more come forward today) accuser.

Yet, he apparently signed her yearbook.

He also denied knowing the restaurant she alleges they met at, the Olde Hickory House.

Yet the last line under his name is the name of a restaurant... go on, try and guess it.

http://nymag.com/...signed-yearbook.html

You're very welcome.

“I want to make it perfectly clear, the people of Alabama know me, they know my character, they know what I’ve stood for in the political world for over 40 years. And I can tell you without hesitation this is absolutely false,” Moore told reporters on Monday evening.

“I never did what she said I did. I don’t even know the woman. I don’t know anything about her. I don’t even know where the restaurant is or was.”

Last edited by: WelshinPhilly: Nov 14, 17 10:56
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alabama will not put a Democrat in the US Senate. Go ahead and book it now.

Roy Moore has been "embattled" before. But I doubt he survives this one as it involves the US Senate. It will be fun to watch it all play out.
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These things are exactly why I said above that his defenders needed to be careful. You go to the mat for him and then it becomes even more cLear he did it.

It just isn't worth it. I'm curious what Cruze's next defense of him will be.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
These things are exactly why I said above that his defenders needed to be careful. You go to the mat for him and then it becomes even more cLear he did it.

It just isn't worth it. I'm curious what Cruze's next defense of him will be.

Yep. Has anyone checked Yelp yet for reviews of Olde Hickory House left by a 'Judge R Moore'?

ETA.. so out of curiosity I googled the place and sure enough, it's on Yelp. No reviews from Ol' Roy, but these made me chuckle:

"Great food, the barbecue is well done in a Southern style, this place is a real staple of the community.

Just steer clear of Roy Moore."

and

"Just remember, take the exit out at the back of the building. It runs directly into the railroad tracks, where Beverly Young used to live."
Last edited by: WelshinPhilly: Nov 14, 17 11:29
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Maybe not. But if Moore has not withdrawn, or is not ousted, before the election (he'll be on the ballot regardless -- so he'll have to say he won't take the seat, or be disqualified by the party), Doug Jones will be the next Senator from Alabama.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Olde Hickory wrote:

Roy Moore has been "embattled" before. But I doubt he survives this one as it involves the US Senate. It will be fun to watch it all play out.

I have booked it.

Also fixed your name for ya, Olde Hickory.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Olde Hickory wrote:

I have booked it.

Yea. I've lunched a few times at the Old Hickory House around the Atlanta area. I don't remember signing any high school yearbooks, either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Olde Hickory wrote:

I have booked it.

Yea. I've lunched a few times at the Old Hickory House around the Atlanta area. I don't remember signing any high school yearbooks, either.

Whatever you say, Roy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Olde Hickory wrote:

I have booked it.

Whatever you say, Roy.

Roy was a registered Democrat until 1992. He signed that yearbook on 12/22/1977. Who carries around their high school yearbook during Christmas?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Olde Hickory wrote:

I have booked it.

Whatever you say, Roy.

Roy was a registered Democrat until 1992. He signed that yearbook on 12/22/1977. Who carries around their high school yearbook during Christmas?

You're right, it's completely acceptable to vote for him.

Excellent redirection.

Last edited by: BLeP: Nov 14, 17 12:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Wow, just too much stupid in this post.
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

Wow, just too much stupid in this post.

How so?

Do you claim to know the culture of small town rural Alabama in the mid-century? If you do then please explain it for the rest of us. It might help answer some questions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Olde Hickory wrote:

I have booked it.

Whatever you say, Roy.

You're right, it's completely acceptable to vote for him.

Excellent redirection.

No. Just fooling around with some facts. Probably irrelevant if today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
???

Step back. You wrote

"Roy was a registered Democrat until 1992. He signed that yearbook on 12/22/1977. Who carries around their high school yearbook during Christmas?"

Neither point is at all germane to the issue. They are incoherent and disjointed talking points without the benefit of any thought at all. When you are called out on it, you fire back another disjointed thought about Alabama in the 1970's. Look at what you previously wrote. Are you really saying that Roy Moore's creepy and horrible predation is due to his particular political party affiliation at the time? Are you claiming that the yearbook is some sort of elaborate fraud? Are you saying that it is true and okay because "rural Alabama"? Most importantly, are you saying all three things AT THE SAME TIME? Please explain your post. Stand up for what you write, don't immediately dodge.
Last edited by: oldandslow: Nov 14, 17 14:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Still need help or did you find an acceptable source to learn more?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Here you go. This is FOX NEWS...presumably your favorite source:

http://www.foxnews.com/...tion-for-voters.html
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
???

Look at what you previously wrote. Are you really saying that Roy Moore's creepy and horrible predation is due to his particular political party affiliation at the time?

Don't give him too much credit for that one, apparently Rush came up with it today.
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I caught about three minutes of Limbaugh today. Just enough to hear him try to cast doubt on Beverly Nelson's story on the grounds that Limbaugh doesn't think there were child-proof locks in cars in 1977.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
I think with the tangible evidence of the HS yearbook and the mall ban, assuming the latter can be corroborated, he may now lose the election. I think there was a body of locals who were suspicious about the timing and details, but these pieces of evidence will continue to circulate and ultimately I would expect them to sway enough people to see him narrowly lose.

No offense but pull your head out of your ass. He will win. Probably easily.

Evidence schmevidence.

Apparently polling today has Roy Moore cratering.

prediction:
Trump replaces Sessions as Attorney General and Sessions is put on ballot as a write in candidate. Only problem is Sessions may not want to compete for the seat, and it could split the Republican vote if Moore doesn't withdraw.

But it seems like only Trump has the power to clean up the mess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Only problem is Sessions may not want to compete for the seat, and it could split the Republican vote if Moore doesn't withdraw.

If? It took the damned ('Bama) Supreme Court to remove him from the bench. And then he returned anyway.

He and his supporters view this as "holy war." He won't withdraw.
Last edited by: trail: Nov 14, 17 19:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won’t be putting too much faith in the polls.

Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Only problem is Sessions may not want to compete for the seat, and it could split the Republican vote if Moore doesn't withdraw.

If? It took the damned ('Bama) Supreme Court to remove him from the bench. And then he returned anyway.

Alabama state GOP party leadership digging their heels in too. Roy isn't going anywhere voluntarily.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moore must have forgotten to use tic-tacs...

Quote | Reply
Quote:

Agree with all except the bold is not correct. He was the damned Chief Justice of Alabama Supreme Court (twice). He was twice removed by Alabama Judicial Inquiry Commission proceedings.

Now for those who think Moore could still win this election, I happened upon the results of the last election Moore won. In 2012 Moore was re-elected to Al. Supreme Court. He beat the democratic opponent, Bob Vance, 913K votes to 850K. That is no landslide and indicates weakness for Moore.

I've met Bob Vance. He is has nowhere close to the appeal as a candidate as that of Doug Jones. Bob Vance is to Doug Jones as Peewey Herman is to Clint Eastwood. (Bob is a fine fellow and I respect him.)

Doug Jones is on a clear path to win this one. The only prayer for republicans -- and it's a bit of a Hail Mary -- is that Moore is removed from candidacy by the Republican Party and Jeff Sessions runs for write-in, and campaigns hard. And then we'll have a fun time counting the write-in ballots.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply

Prev Next