Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Thread, Who do you want to win Kona??? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Men - Jesse Thomas. Always been a fan of his and got to meet hm at Augusta this year. He's such a nice, cool dude. Would also like to see Potts win as well.

Women - As with most, Heather Jackson.
Quote Reply
Re: New Thread, Who do you want to win Kona??? [oprfcc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha yeah, Any time I went to the UM pool she was there before and after me. She really deserves a better swim time IMO. I know it recently got better but geez she put in the work. She also publicly agreed that a lot of Missoula routes were out of control dangerous which I had said for a while.

The past two years I have been super busy and preoccupied to follow the pro seen like I like to and have not kept up with her since her "low, or bad" year a few back.

Do I know you from back then? I was there 2005-2009ish. REALLY miss the track workouts and I have lived a lot of places.
Quote Reply
Re: New Thread, Who do you want to win Kona??? [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Men: Keinle. I'm just a fan of his whole attitude. I'm not sure he has the power to drop the guys he needs to drop and still have a marathon left, but I'm rooting for him anyhow.

Woman: Ryf. Impressive to watch.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: New Thread, Who do you want to win Kona??? [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Men: Sanders
Women: whoever can make Ryf sweat so it’s interesting.

I just hope the men’s race lives up to the hype.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: New Thread, Who do you want to win Kona??? [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jesse Thomas and Heather Jackson.
Last edited by: chulavistakevin: Oct 13, 17 18:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sebastian....for all same the reasons you stated

Sebastians 30k pledge blew me away....blood sweat and tears went into those dollars ... super generous

Nothing against Frodo...both great charismatic ambassadors in every way

Gonna be a worthy competition for sure ,stacked field for a small podium, best of luck to everyone!
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Oct 14, 17 8:43
Quote Reply
Re: New Thread, Who do you want to win Kona??? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lucy Charles for the women.

Would have said Tim Don before he wrote himself off, any of the other Brit pro men racing not too fussed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Men - Sanders, mostly because it will wind up so many people.

Women - Ryf, she is by far the best female LC triathlete, if anyone beats her it is because she had a bad day, and everyone will know that they only beat her because she had a bad day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would like to see an age grouper beat the field. I would be hilarious to see them have a pro break the tape but then have to award the title to an age grouper 30 mins later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pete Jocobs - flying under the radar and it'd be awesome to see him recapture his form from a few years ago. Also we need an Aussie back on the top step of the podium.
Quote Reply
Re: New Thread, Who do you want to win Kona??? [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to see an age grouper beat the field. I would be hilarious to see them have a pro break the tape but then have to award the title to an age grouper 30 mins later. //

Ya he could get the fastest time award the same time he gets the dumbass award for throwing about a 1/3million dollars in prize money, bonus money, and accompanying sponsorships that would have gone along with it..

There was at one time a scenario where this might have happened, back when Lance was pulled from the race there was a lot of talk about him being let back in as an AG'er. Typically top man is racing with the top pro women in regards to time, and this year they have to bear Ryf, not an easy beat by any stretch..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Potts. Have enjoyed watching his career & although I have never met him seems like a super great guy. He has won just about everything & come close in Kona. Career is about to wind down but it would be awesome to see him have one more great performance & pull off the win.

Joyce for the women.
Quote Reply
Re: New Thread, Who do you want to win Kona??? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like many others I'd like to see things shaken up with some first time winners.

Men - Lionel. Our Canadian darling.

Women - Heather Jackson.
Quote Reply
Re: New Thread, Who do you want to win Kona??? [chulavistakevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes! Jesse Thomas and Heather Jackson. I've been a fan of both since their first Wildflower wins.
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Quote Reply

Prev Next