Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Why no lose weight challenge?
Quote | Reply
As I see the run, and swim challenges, I wonder why the number 1 challenge for most folk is to get at a race BMI if one is serious
about racing. I do not care how much you swim or run, or ever bike, if you are way over weight, well, ...

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Why no lose weight challenge? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's try not feeding the troll this time...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

i thought you stayed at race weight year round?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can always start one.

buzz wrote:

Yes but he intends on trimming down a bit more by dispensing with a dirigible's worth of hot air in this thread. Just watch.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Why no lose weight challenge? [Jordano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jordano wrote:
buzz wrote:

Yes but he intends on trimming down a bit more by dispensing with a dirigible's worth of hot air in this thread. Just watch.

Nope the wife said if I lose anymore weight, ......

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
0/10

Shouldn't it be a weightloss(relativ) x ftp(normalized) challenge?

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: Why no lose weight challenge? [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sausskross wrote:

No idea. I do not have a weight issue.

Just seems a fair question that if you look at what many folks might be lacking for racing, the number one thing for many
to focus on is losing weight, not more swim/bike or running.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
sausskross wrote:

Just seems a fair question that if you look at what many folks might be lacking for racing, the number one thing for many

This is already part of the "what is your watts per kilo" thread. Lately I let my weight creep up and my swimming is awesome....until I got on the CT and my watts were down and sadly my kilos are UP!
Quote Reply
Re: Why no lose weight challenge? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You just reminded me of when I first started swimming at the Princeton YMCA. A skinny runner, I asked one of the good swimmers what I should do. His answer; ''You gotta eat more donuts!''!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Why no lose weight challenge? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
You just reminded me of when I first started swimming at the Princeton YMCA. A skinny runner, I asked one of the good swimmers what I should do. His answer; ''You gotta eat more donuts!''!

Wetsuits are the great equalizer...allows skinny guys to keep up with fat guys in the. water and then the skinny guy ditches the wetsuit for bike and run but the fatter swim stud has to bike and run with the built in wetsuit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell us more about yourself Dave. I feel like we hardly know ye.

Less bike talk, more Dave I always say.
Quote Reply
Re: Why no lose weight challenge? [FullEmpty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know, I just weigh myself every day and if its good I have ice cream.....I haven't had ice cream in a long time!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
sausskross wrote:

This is already part of the "what is your watts per kilo" thread. Lately I let my weight creep up and my swimming is awesome....until I got on the CT and my watts were down and sadly my kilos are UP!

Main reason I try to stay around race weight all year. I love the junk food, but not the big diets.

Hope you can get back to running to help get the weight off. Have you considered looking at the Bionic Runner to use in your rehab?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

I'm 60kg now and was a way better swimmer at close to 70kg, more power and seemed to float better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
sausskross wrote:

Main reason I try to stay around race weight all year. I love the junk food, but not the big diets.

Hope you can get back to running to help get the weight off. Have you considered looking at the Bionic Runner to use in your rehab?

Does it come with a discounted Spruzzamist?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Wetsuits are the great equalizer...allows skinny guys to keep up with fat guys in the. water and then the skinny guy ditches the wetsuit for bike and run but the fatter swim stud has to bike and run with the built in wetsuit.

We say bioprene ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Last edited by: sausskross: Dec 3, 16 18:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sausskross wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

We say bioprene ..

I like that....I am enjoying my bioprene floatation....I was also wondering why my hard sets in the 50m pool that is kept at competition temps don't feel as "cold" anymore....I was chalking it up to generating more watts working harder (since my splits were faster)....the reality is my bioprene layer is helping me hit the same splits at lower wattage while staying warmer. What's not to like about that if you're not trying to win the watts per kilo dick swinging thread!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It works also on the bike, in earlier years in winter it was horrible cold on it, now with the same temperature it feels milder ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Last edited by: sausskross: Dec 3, 16 23:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
sausskross wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

We say bioprene ..

I like that....I am enjoying my bioprene floatation....I was also wondering why my hard sets in the 50m pool that is kept at competition temps don't feel as "cold" anymore....I was chalking it up to generating more watts working harder (since my splits were faster)....the reality is my bioprene layer is helping me hit the same splits at lower wattage while staying warmer. What's not to like about that if you're not trying to win the watts per kilo dick swinging thread!

Bioprene! I love it

The BEST thing about BioPrene is that you don't have to pee in it to warm it up*

* I mean you CAN, no one is say you can't... if that's what you're into ... you just don't have to

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
sausskross wrote:

More training leads to weight loss, no?
So, you are implying that "many folks" are overweight.

Serious question, Dave ... WTF was the point of your starting this thread? Was it simply to build a pile of broken dreams of those you deem to be fat and less-talented than you in order to have something upon which to strut and crow?
Quote Reply
Re: Why no lose weight challenge? [sixt3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sixt3 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
sausskross wrote:

Well, since D'Wife's latest nickname for me is "Skinny Little Shit" I'm thinking there may be some benefit to more strength training this Winter and maybe some protein supplements? Granted, as a small hairless mammal, I will NEVER be "beefy" ... maybe switching some mass around may be beneficial?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.. oh, a TTEQ (Trainings Time Efficiency Quotient - TTHQ the evolution of TTEQ will be published later) is already claimed here?

___/\___/\___/\___
Last edited by: sausskross: Dec 4, 16 0:10
Quote Reply
Re: Why no lose weight challenge? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
sixt3 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
sausskross wrote:

Well, since D'Wife's latest nickname for me is "Skinny Little Shit" I'm thinking there may be some benefit to more strength training this Winter and maybe some protein supplements? Granted, as a small hairless mammal, I will NEVER be "beefy" ... maybe switching some mass around may be beneficial?

This made me laugh!
Quote Reply

Prev Next