Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Vineman 2017? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure looks like Wildflower is no more, at least for the time being.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mugen_EP wrote:
Titanflexr wrote:
Lock_N_Load wrote:
Santa Rosa is kind of dumpy. Why mess with something that has worked for 27 years? Also, why are they not keeping the Vineman name. This change makes no sense...

Ironman seems to want to move everything to a consistent IM branded name (IM-location name). Just look at Big Kahuna and B2B. This is very common for large brand companies.

Superfrog is still Superfrog at least....for now. =/

Well, Its now Ironman 70.3 Superfrog.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [Lock_N_Load] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure contractually Santa Rosa has the naming rights ... plus it bears no resemblance to "Vineman" any longer

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this was posted and I missed it but Ironman just posted this on Youtube...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odBpVGWahR4

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [Dave Latourette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like a done deal according to the email I got from WTC.

ANNOUNCING IRONMAN SANTA ROSA & IRONMAN 70.3 SANTA ROSABased on athlete feedback there will be a shift in venue for IRONMAN Vineman and IRONMAN 70.3 Vineman to Santa Rosa, CA (less than 10 miles from theprevious location) and we are renaming the events based on this new location. If you have been considering taking on either race in 2017 you can be one of the first athletes to enjoy the new location. Below are the details on this move:
  • IRONMAN Santa Rosa will still offer 40 qualifying slots available to the 2017 IRONMAN World Championship
  • IRONMAN 70.3 Santa Rosa will still offer 50 qualifying slots to the 2017 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship
  • Moving to Santa Rosa, CA will provide additional options for local accommodations
  • We will provide an option for athletes to check-in the day before the race (Friday) to make it easier for athletes to travel to Santa Rosa and require fewer nights in a hotel. Local athletes will benefit the most from this new check-in option.
  • The new Lake Sonoma swim venue will provide deep clean water with enhanced visibility swim buoys.
  • New swim to bike transition will be much more spacious and on a paved asphalt surface.
  • The nature of the roads for the bike course will remain similar to the IRONMAN Vineman course with continual views of Sonoma County vineyards.
  • The new run course removes athletes from roads open to vehicles while providing more shade throughout the course.
  • IRONMAN 70.3 Vineman will also be moving to Santa Rosa. That race will take place on May 13 and will still provide a great opportunity for a training race in your 2017 schedule. Athletes will also be able to register for IRONMAN 70.3 Santa Rosa as a relay, a first for this event! Registration for IRONMAN 70.3 Santa Rosa will open on Tuesday, October 25.
We are happy to announce these changes as a direct result of athlete feedback. We want to keep the positive aspects that athletes love about IRONMAN Vineman while providing an overall enhanced experience for athletes, spectators, families and friends.

Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any reason why this is in reply to me?

Dave Latourette
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You were probably the last poster when he hit reply and started typing his post...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because you were stating that it is just a proposal?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Correct, it was just a proposal when the thread was started 4 days ago

Dave Latourette
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody familiar with the run course along Santa Rosa Creek Trail? Wondering if there are plenty of trees for shade since it's along a creek.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
R.I.P. Vineman. Very sad about this turn of events...

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [maddog95835] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50% dirt / 50% pavement ... some shade pending time of day & location on trail

Dave Latourette
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave Latourette wrote:

So who is the RD for IMSR?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Totally agreed. Lake Sonoma would be a huge upgrade over swimming in Russian River.

Is it wetsuit legal that time of year?
Run looks flat....what about the bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am guessing that it is wetsuit legal in May.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
I am guessing that it is wetsuit legal in May.

Depending on the year, water in the lakes could still be in low 50's, just depends

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Run is or the most very flat

Bike will overall be pretty quick (faster than Vineman versions) as it has net elevation loss (start to finish) and runs "down valley"

Dave Latourette
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
alex_korr wrote:
Totally agreed. Lake Sonoma would be a huge upgrade over swimming in Russian River.

Is it wetsuit legal that time of year?
Run looks flat....what about the bike?

Re the swim: I'm sure it will be legal for age groupers. Don't know about pros.
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, WTC has zero shame. They post a race that people shell out money for, and then they change the whole damn thing. Let me guess, they're also going to make getting a refund damn near impossible. I'm sure somewhere on that Active form there was a clause indicating that they could change the course to wherever, whenever, and whatever they wanted. Lawyer up you sons of motherless goats, I get a refund or we're going to litigate this bitch for false advertising, fraud, misrepresentation, hell by the time I'm done I plan to see if they might have committed acts against nature. Infuriating! OR, maybe they just nicely give a refund, and I haven't read that yet....there's always that.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [Miamiamy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not reading through all the replies to see if this is addressed, but this past year for Vineman they changed the run course the week of the race. Nothing is a given.
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [Dispholidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dispholidus wrote:
Wow, WTC has zero shame. They post a race that people shell out money for, and then they change the whole damn thing. Let me guess, they're also going to make getting a refund damn near impossible. I'm sure somewhere on that Active form there was a clause indicating that they could change the course to wherever, whenever, and whatever they wanted. Lawyer up you sons of motherless goats, I get a refund or we're going to litigate this bitch for false advertising, fraud, misrepresentation, hell by the time I'm done I plan to see if they might have committed acts against nature. Infuriating! OR, maybe they just nicely give a refund, and I haven't read that yet....there's always that.

Was that meant to be in pink? Does moving a race 9 or10 miles away make it refund worthy? That was rhetorical so best you not answer. :-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave Latourette wrote:

I just looked at the course map. I'm actually just happy something is already posted. The Bike coming soon isn't so great but I'll try to be patient. 50% dirt doesn't make me very happy but we'll see.
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [Miamiamy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Miamiamy wrote:
Dave Latourette wrote:

I just looked at the course map. I'm actually just happy something is already posted. The Bike coming soon isn't so great but I'll try to be patient. 50% dirt doesn't make me very happy but we'll see.

Dirt makes you unhappy? The softer surface during an Ironman feels amazing. The only bad part about the Tremblant course is that they paved the previously gravel section.
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny... the dirt part is a major reason why I'm considering this race.

USCoregonian wrote:
Miamiamy wrote:
Dave Latourette wrote:

Dirt makes you unhappy? The softer surface during an Ironman feels amazing. The only bad part about the Tremblant course is that they paved the previously gravel section.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Earlier in my life I lived in Santa Rosa. My reaction to the race moving from scenic Guerneville / Healdsburg to Santa Rosa-based is a bit negative. Vineman 70.3 was on my "to do" list for either 2017 or 2018. Might have to rethink.
Quote Reply

Prev Next