Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Vineman 2017?
Quote | Reply
https://www.facebook.com/groups/napavalleytriathlonclub/permalink/1034807266645558/

Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [brocelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You realize this is proposal right? Not a statement?

This will escalate quickly ...

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [Dave Latourette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well Dave can you give us any insight regarding if they are looking to change locations or if there is any merit in this? I know it's a proposal only, but is it something they are exploring?
Vineman 70.3 used to be my favorite race of the year, but after the cluster this year with racking the bikes on Saturday and just another LONG day waiting for a bus after the race, and the long ride back...I'd welcome anything that helps the logistics of this race. But dang I do love that course!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If IronmanTM proposed this, they want to move the race no matter what....and Santa Rosa is just one viable option...
as fierce IronmanTM critic, i would sign up in a heart beat.....(i mean it's not that i am running for Pres or any).

Dave Latourette wrote:

Last edited by: windschatten: Oct 16, 16 22:12
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
If IronmanTM proposed this, they want to move the race no matter what....and Santa Rosa is just one viable option...
as fierce IronmanTM critic, i would sign up in a heart beat.....(i mean it's not that i am running for Pres or any).

Dave Latourette wrote:

Registration for Ironman Vineman 2017 is open. If that's the case, would WTC move the race and offer transfers/refunds? Even if this is just a proposal, is there a doubt now about where the race will be next year? Are we looking another IM Texas Debacle Version 2!?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The host venue agreement has the 70.3 on May 13th for 2017 then moving to late July through 2021. The Ironman race is scheduled for July 29th 2017 and then moving to mid May for the final four years of the contract.

https://santa-rosa.legistar.com/...F2-A774-677505A4D374
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [dwreal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dwreal wrote:
The host venue agreement has the 70.3 on May 13th for 2017 then moving to late July through 2021. The Ironman race is scheduled for July 29th 2017 and then moving to mid May for the final four years of the contract.

Thanks dwreal. It's pretty obvious then that Guerneville will not be hosting in 2017 should this proposal go through, and even if it doesn't get approved, there's some major doubt about the venue rolling into 2017. Oh the speculation!
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [kennykill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to know where I will be racing Vineman BEFORE I sign up....
But I guess there are many/enough who don't.

kennykill wrote:
dwreal wrote:

Thanks dwreal. It's pretty obvious then that Guerneville will not be hosting in 2017 should this proposal go through, and even if it doesn't get approved, there's some major doubt about the venue rolling into 2017. Oh the speculation!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.facebook.com/groups/270797679981333/

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dwreal wrote:
The host venue agreement has the 70.3 on May 13th for 2017 then moving to late July through 2021. The Ironman race is scheduled for July 29th 2017 and then moving to mid May for the final four years of the contract.https://santa-rosa.legistar.com/...F2-A774-677505A4D374[/quote[/url]]

Mid May would be a winner! Americans would have a choice between Texas in April and Santa Rosa in May ... or a buffet of races between August to November.
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
dwreal wrote:
The host venue agreement has the 70.3 on May 13th for 2017 then moving to late July through 2021. The Ironman race is scheduled for July 29th 2017 and then moving to mid May for the final four years of the contract.https://santa-rosa.legistar.com/...F2-A774-677505A4D374[/quote[/url]]

Mid May would be a winner! Americans would have a choice between Texas in April and Santa Rosa in May ... or a buffet of races between August to November.

Wildflower early May. Auburn mid May. So, lots of races in the May timeframe.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's apples to oranges. The OP references an Ironman proposal and I'm only talking about the IM schedule for North America. Right now IM Texas is the sole race from Jan through Jun. In this context, Wildflower and Auburn are not relevant.
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We do have Boulder in June now as well ... so if all things stay true with proposals etc we would now have Ironman's in North America in April / May / June ... July / August / September / October / November (more back-loaded AUG-early OCT)

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I completely forget about that shift...but definitely a step in the right direction for balance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure how you have the swim at Lake Sonoma and the "venue" at Julliard Park in downtown Santa Rosa? Lake Sonoma is a great place to swim but access is very difficult and very limited parking. They used to have a tri up there years ago called the IceBreaker. If they can figure out a way it would be cool but only large parking or staging area is a LONG way up a dirt trail or launch ramp and access road.

Julliard Park is filled with homeless and druggies...what a great choice!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:
dwreal wrote:

Wildflower early May. Auburn mid May. So, lots of races in the May timeframe.

Feels like this either assumes that Wildflower is going to end (there have been rumors), or an attempt to kill it off.

With the venue issues WF has been having coupled with another CA-based HIM a few weeks later, this would be quite hard for WF to weather.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [TriMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriMike wrote:
Not sure how you have the swim at Lake Sonoma and the "venue" at Julliard Park in downtown Santa Rosa? Lake Sonoma is a great place to swim but access is very difficult and very limited parking. They used to have a tri up there years ago called the IceBreaker. If they can figure out a way it would be cool but only large parking or staging area is a LONG way up a dirt trail or launch ramp and access road.

Julliard Park is filled with homeless and druggies...what a great choice!

Easy way to solve this would be to bus everyone in. A lot of folks took buses for IMLT.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
same thing for Boulder, Buses only into the swim on race day
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [griffeyfan04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy way to solve this would be to bus everyone in. A lot of folks took buses for IMLT.
same thing for Boulder, Buses only into the swim on race day.
---------------------
Same deal for Silverman and ST George they just bused "most" athletes to the swim start. Not mandatory but highly suggested.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave Latourette wrote:
You read through the docs, right? It's practically a done deal.
Quote:
RECOMMENDATION: It is recommended by the Planning and Economic Development Department that the Council, by resolution, approve the Ironman Host Venue Agreement, and authorize the City Manager, or designee, to approve and execute necessary contracts and agreements, including rental agreements related to the Ironman and Ironman 70.3 Events to be held in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021
. . .
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Council of the City of Santa Rosa approves, and authorizes the City Manager to execute, the Ironman Host Venue Agreement for Santa Rosa’s participation in the Ironman and Ironman 70.3 events attached as Exhibit A hereto, subject to approval as to form by the City Attorney
Ironman 70.3 Santa Rosa: Saturday 5/13/17; 7/28/18; 7/27/19; 7/25/20; 7/24/21
Ironman Santa Rosa: Saturday 7/29/17; 5/12/18; 5/11/19; 5/9/20; 5/8/21
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [uucee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
St George is a week before proposed Vineman 70.3. Bummer for the many that do both.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman 2017? [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whistler and Frankfurt also bus everyone to the start. It generally seems to go smoothly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wait until you see how long and steep the climb is from the water up to the bike staging area. That will be a doozy. Then you have a pretty fast descent down to Dry Creek Valley while you are still wet and cold. All those crappy triathlete bike handlers will love it ;-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next