Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are your thoughts around some of the bars mentioned above that don't bend until 6+ inches beyond the stem? Would they test similar to ones that angled from the basebar? A bit less aero than the stem angled ones, but better than stock?
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
those are great! Here's what I use: USE Tula 50* extensions.

I did something similar, but fitting 25 or 30 degree (can't remember) Use Tula extensions in reverse. Because the upturn is closer to the extension clamps, you get more rise for less angle, if you get my drift. The advantage, for me at least, is that the front of the extension where I rest my hands isn't angled up quite so steep, which I find more comfortable. Worth thinking about if anyone is considering this approach.

To illustrate (I wish this was me, but it isn't...):

Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
please let us know the cost and logistics of getting those Fibre Lyte risers

thx

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.â€
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will do. Working through it now. Happy to arrange a group buy to save on shipping from the UK and potentially cost.
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may be interested if cost is reasonable--let me know!
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [ccassidy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not fully understanding what these wedges look like set up on the bike--do you have close up pics with them installed?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
please let us know the cost and logistics of getting those Fibre Lyte risers

thx

Yes, I'm interested as well!
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [ccassidy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's my angled shim. It's 12 degrees. If anyone wants the file to have it printed just let me know.

-Scoot
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [lemond853] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that looks like a better solution than the carbon shim. I am interested!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure. DM me.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [lemond853] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless I'm mistaken, the underside of the bolt will still be horizontal. How did you account for this? Do you have a picture of it installed that shows this condition? Thanks.

Support cancer research with the world's longest annual charity bike ride.
Texas 4000 for Cancer
Austin, TX to Anchorage, Alaska
http://texas4000.org/
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [santino314] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wondered the same, on the carbon shim also. What I'd do is counterbore vertically into the angled surface with a diameter the same as the bolt head.
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just so you know, I got a 10.5* rise using an angle gauge with those Zipp 110 extensions;

Moved the pads back to right at my elbows. Easy to do.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
I wondered the same, on the carbon shim also. What I'd do is counterbore vertically into the angled surface with a diameter the same as the bolt head.

Exactly, so that the bolt hole in the wedge is at a vertical/right angle to the bolt hole the bolt is being threaded into. The bolt/bolt head may not fit perfectly into arm rest hole (depends on how large the hole is and how much wiggle room there is) but that arm rest hole can be easily opened up with a small drill.
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slot the shim instead of doing holes.
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the stock angle as pictured for the 110 bars?
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just measured and got 36* for the bend in the bar and a rise of 11mm from the pad to the top of the shifter base.

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So when on the bike you get around 10-11 degrees lift on arms?
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I understand you, when the fitter was setting me up on the bike I had him put the angle gauge on my forearm with me in the aero position and he got 10.5*. That was early on in the set up. We did find that the Zippp Vuka allows you to crank up the angle and we did change the pad position, so it is probably some other angle right now.

Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [santino314] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a flat head bolt to address the angle. It's not a perfect fit, but it is stable enough.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [SkippiTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Martin is racing with angled extensions. Didn't win today, though.

Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he just beat tony martin and his new position with his classic position!

:D

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think that's definitive evidence either way about the usefulness of either position.
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Impressive that Cancellara manages to get so stretched out with that arm/shoulder position. That would wear me out. On the other hand, even with angled-up arms Martin doesn't seem to stretch out at all, or does he always have a more rounded back?
Quote Reply
Re: Might Be Old News, But: ERO Sports Insights on Aerobar Angle. [jstonebarger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jstonebarger wrote:
Impressive that Cancellara manages to get so stretched out with that arm/shoulder position. That would wear me out. On the other hand, even with angled-up arms Martin doesn't seem to stretch out at all, or does he always have a more rounded back?

Fab rotates his hip more than Martin.

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply

Prev Next