Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Alfalfameister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alfalfameister wrote:
Well, I was trying to troubleshoot (not yet finished; but here are the results so far).

I think the problem may lie in any one (or all) of these areas:

1. Zwift not reading the power correctly (that PerfPRO is transmitting);
2. PerfPRO not transmitting the power correctly;
3. Some of the USB ant+ sticks...

Anyway, I know that PerfPRO is transmitting correctly, because on an app on my phone, my phone is getting the correct readings.
The USB ant+ sticks are also working (I changed them into different combinations).

Zwift and PerfPRO are not fighting for control over the CT, methinks; I assign the CT to either Zwift OR PerfPRO, and to whom I assigned it is the one that controls it (in this case, I want PerfPRO to control). Besides, in the options of pairing Zwift with either the CT or the simulated power via ANT+, I already chose the ANT+ option (and if I run PerfPRO first, then the CT option is actually not available to Zwift -- first come, first served, I guess!).

Right now, I can't properly run the two together (unless I end up fluctuating between 0 and 2500+ watts - sure to get the ire of Zwifters everywhere; I'm sure the green jersery would be out of reach of even Kittel and Cavendish, haha)

I don't have a power meter, so cannot further cross check.

My next plan of attack (maybe later in the afternoon or so), is to switch USB hubs. Maybe three of them together in one hub is no good.

At least I know that PerfPro is transmitting correctly. And that the ANT+ sticks are fine. Right now, boils down to either Zwift not reading what PerfPRO is transmitting, or perhaps three ANT+ sticks in the same hub are causing issues.

I see what you're saying now. I think this would be a problem with Zwift then. If your phone is correctly reading the power transmitted by PerfPro from your computrainer then the power signal should be good for zwift. I'd try reaching out to Zwift's customer support or facebook page and tell them your problem.

Maybe it'll make them get workouts rolled out sooner so you don't have to do a complex set-up like that!

Another thing might be that perhaps your ant+ stick that is being used for the power transmitting is not USB2. If you look in the help file under Power Meter Simulation it recommends a USB2 stick. But again, if it's showing correctly on your phone, i would think zwift should be able to pick it up correctly as well...

And last thing I can think of is perhaps it's an interference issue. Where is your internet router in relation to the ant+ sticks? Routers can mess up the ant+ signal and cause dropouts or spikes. I had to buy a usb extension on amazon to get my ant+ stick right next to my kickr so that my computer receives the signal correctly. It's possible that your router or something else is interfering with your ant+ sticks, though hopefully they're right next to each other and I'd think they should be okay in that case. Again, I also think since your phone is getting the signal correctly that this shouldn't be an issue...

Just a bunch of random thoughts. I'm not really an expert on any of this, just trying to offer an outsider perspective! I'd definitely contact Zwift if you can't figure it out though. Best of luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am sure that this is covered in here somewhere but I don't want to look through all these pages. I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 and am having trouble updating Zwift. I have it all downloaded and then it says that it is updating but crashes every time. Any advice?
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [ClayP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't help. I upgraded to 10 on Saturday and then updated Zwift, which was already installed. No problems for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [dgunthert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven read the whole thread but thought of a great feature to have on zwift.

Basic: Head to head races that start up every 1 min. Sign in, get in a queue, once 4 people are on , starts up.

Advance- any cyclist can create a race for 2+ participants. Other Cyclist login and choose which races to join. Some races are team format, others are individual/mixed. Rave variables include course length and elevation.

The point is that everyone starts at the same time. I'd use swifts lot more if this was available. Right now, the course is somewhat random and everyone is spread out. Feels more like a club ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [talegater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're saying that is in the pipeline. There's already a number of organised rides/races on each week that work pretty well. Info over on Zwift Riders or related Facebook groups.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like they are floating the idea of a paid subscription,which I think would be worth it, up to a point. I participated in a survey today from Zwift (anyone or everyone else?) and the question was if I would pay $19/m for the service. I think its pretty great 80% of the time but I'm not sure it would be worth almost twice what TrainerRoad is asking per month.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$19? My survey said $12.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interesting...maybe they are floating different amounts to see what the 'magic' amount could be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer the price on my survey. :-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Mrcooper [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a little over an hour today as a recovery after yesterdays FTP test.

Started playing with the 'social' functions and looking at other riders, spectating them, looking up profiles, texting people, giving others the 'ride on', etc.

I can't remember the name and don't know if they frequent ST, but I came across a guy on lap 46. I don't know how long he kept going after I finished, but anyone who rides 400+ km on a trainer in one session is an animal! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an older Macbook Pro (circa 2009). Wondering if it will work for Swift.
I'm running the current OS and have upgraded memory and RAM, so really I wonder if the graphics card is good enough. I have no experience with this kinda thing but it streams movies/netflix/etc. just fine.

Also, I'm buying a garmin 520 with a garmin speed/cadence sensor and heart rate bundle, can I beam it to the macbook via bluetooth or do I need an Ant+ dongle for my macbook?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine said $12 as well. I said that was OK as long as there was a discount closer to $100 for the year
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Mendeldave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need the Ant+ dongle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anthonypat wrote:
Looks like they are floating the idea of a paid subscription,which I think would be worth it, up to a point. I participated in a survey today from Zwift (anyone or everyone else?) and the question was if I would pay $19/m for the service. I think its pretty great 80% of the time but I'm not sure it would be worth almost twice what TrainerRoad is asking per month.

They've said from the start that it will be a paid subscription once it is out of beta. For now we get the free-ride, which is great.

My survey asked if I would pay $18/month and i'm not sure about the rest of you but it specifically said in it's current state....well, I think that that's a terrible question. I wouldn't pay $18/month AS IS, and I wouldn't even pay $18/month if the included a workout creator, group rides, races/events, randomly generated scenario given a specific workout, etc, etc.

I'd be on the edge if it had asked me $10/12 and there was more content but I'd still be leaning towards "No" just because zwift doesn't add anything for me since I don't really care for the graphics. I'm a very happy PerfPro user who decided to save themselves from the monthly fee once, and I'm not too sure how I feel about going back.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Mendeldave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mendeldave wrote:
I'm running the current OS and have upgraded memory and RAM, so really I wonder if the graphics card is good enough. I have no experience with this kinda thing but it streams movies/netflix/etc. just fine.

I thought the exact same thing. My iMac is about the same age; Duo Core 3.06 Ghz, 8 GB Ram, but the Video Card is only 256mb. I ran Zwift on it for around 50 minutes, and when I hopped off the bike I was shocked at how hot the computer got. Scary hot.

It prompted me to go go buy a used Alienware laptop.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [racehd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine asked $15. I said no, $5 as is. I'd have to have lots of course selections to pay $15. Otherwise, love it.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
captain-tri wrote:
Mendeldave wrote:

I thought the exact same thing. My iMac is about the same age; Duo Core 3.06 Ghz, 8 GB Ram, but the Video Card is only 256mb. I ran Zwift on it for around 50 minutes, and when I hopped off the bike I was shocked at how hot the computer got. Scary hot.

It prompted me to go go buy a used Alienware laptop.

My 2014 Macbook Pro gets really hot too. I'm considering getting a used one that can cut it. What are the specs of your Alienware one?
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [mjdwyer23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alienware 14, Processor was i7-4700mq with 16gb of ram, and 2 gb nvidia gpu.

Looked really hard at getting the Alienware Alpha, but for some reason in Canada you can't get the version with the bigger video card (unless you order from the US), and by the time I paid tax it would be close to what I paid for the used laptop. Plus the laptop had a lot more utility than another gaming console. And I figured it would be easy to take to the garage with the bike and trainer if the basement gets too hot.

I wish the Canadian dollar hadn't tanked, I saw some amazing deals in the US. Actually, I wish they'd have some sort of Zwift App for PS4, that would have saved me a lot of time and screwing around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I have to admit, I have had Zwift for a while but not really used it. All my computers are too old to run the program.
I do have a power meter and an ANT+ stick. What is something affordable that I can buy to get up and Zwifting over the winter?

It is even more painful to admit that I am an IT professional. However I know next to nothing about spec'ing out a computer for graphics performance.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have a look at the Alienware Alpha machines. Even the lowest spec ones run it great. The higher spec ones run it just the same, due to having the same video card.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have a halfway decent tower I had good luck adding a GTX750 TI video card. Went from jerky low graphic to smooth ultra graphics. This card is a very low power draw card so it worked will in my Lenovo tower with low spec power supply.

Otherwise it seem the alienware alpha seems to be the way to go.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [cbs78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
News from Zwift this am...

"This month we'll be ending our Beta period and moving to a monthly subscription model. How much will it cost? We’ll announce all the details soon, but what we can say is that it will run you less than a few lattes a month. And we love coffee.

Along with the subscription, we plan to introduce the beta version of our long awaited workout mode. We’ll also be announcing a cool partnership with the largest independent social network for athletes."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm running Zwift on a 2014 Macbook Air. Runs fine. I got the middle of the line one. If you want to stay mac and also get a wonderfully usable laptop, the air works great.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [cbs78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am guessing the answer is no, but do you think Zwift would run on an Intel Compute Stick?

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/compute-stick/intel-compute-stick.html

Quote Reply

Prev Next