Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Running & Swimming support in Golden Cheetah 3.2 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
When you say it could be added : programatically or by some type of configuration setting ? Can a person make up metrics that are the result of operations on other metrics ?

I mean to modify the program, perhaps enabling the existing metric for running workouts, the same would apply to Aerobic Decoupling metric.

There is an open feature request for user defined metrics but it is not implemented yet: https://github.com/...enCheetah/issues/557

I created a new FR for this. BTW that tracker is open for users to add feature requests.

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Last edited by: Ale Martinez: Jun 16, 15 17:10
Quote Reply
Re: Running & Swimming support in Golden Cheetah 3.2 [Ale Martinez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ale Martinez wrote:
marcag wrote:
When you say it could be added : programatically or by some type of configuration setting ? Can a person make up metrics that are the result of operations on other metrics ?

I mean to modify the program, perhaps enabling the existing metric for running workouts, the same would apply to Aerobic Decoupling metric.

There is an open feature request for user defined metrics but it is not implemented yet: https://github.com/...enCheetah/issues/557

I created a new FR for this. BTW that tracker is open for users to add feature requests.

Efficiency Factor and Aerobic Decoupling for running were included in v3.2, just in time because the feature set is closed now.

We should have RC1 available soon.

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Running & Swimming support in Golden Cheetah 3.2 [Ale Martinez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ale Martinez wrote:
3) Run/Swim metrics such us Pace/xPace can be configured to be shown at workout or interval level and xx Peak Pace as bests in https://github.com/..._Preferences_Metrics

In this example a date range (year 2014) is filtered by sport (Run) and Peak Pace bests are shown with date and TSB, PMC metrics (CTL/ATL/TSB/RR) are based on running only:

The same will happen selecting Swim or Bike, i.e. PMC metrics will be based on single sport metric.

OTOH if sports are mixed PMC metrics shown are combined:

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Running support in Golden Cheetah 3.11 [Ale Martinez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ale Martinez wrote:

Some progress report: we now have the power-duration models enabled for the speed mean-max chart

The classic two parameter CP model (metric units):

The GC Extended CP model (imperial units for pace):

Velocity-Duration (CV) chart, including models, are now also available for swimming with proper units and shading according to sport specific pace zones: https://github.com/...denCheetah/pull/1400

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i use linux mint mate rebecca
i copied the link into the adressfield and got directly to the files. i deleted them and start from new.

meanwhile i complied GC 3.2 rc 1x

like in the previous version the GC has problems with garmin *.tcx files (exported from garmin connect) where i had some stop passages (sport: running) or very slow walking passages.
the find anomalies button finds distance goes backwards. once i deleted this lines by hand from the *.json file the metric data seemed to correct.
i also tried the automatic corrections from the menu, but that did not help.
with this invalid distance data i get very strange metrics (very high numbers).

is there an other way to fix this?

thank you very much for you help!
Last edited by: bigjuergo: Jun 21, 15 9:33
Quote Reply
Re: Running & Swimming support in Golden Cheetah 3.2 [bigjuergo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bigjuergo wrote:
i use linux mint mate rebecca ... meanwhile i complied GC 3.2 rc 1x

Excellent! RC1 builds for Win/Mac will be available soon.

bigjuergo wrote:
like in the previous version the GC has problems with garmin *.tcx files (exported from garmin connect) where i had some stop passages (sport: running) or very slow walking passages.
the find anomalies button finds distance goes backwards. once i deleted this lines by hand from the *.json file the metric data seemed to correct.
i also tried the automatic corrections from the menu, but that did not help.
with this invalid distance data i get very strange metrics (very high numbers).

is there an other way to fix this?

All pace related metrics rely on the accuracy of the speed channel, there are anomalies where some automatic tools, such us Fix Gaps, may be useful and others which are self evident in the speed curve and can be fixed in the Edit "chart", which works like and spreadsheet.

If we can Identify other cases to be automatized they could be added as new Fix tools in future versions.

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Last edited by: Ale Martinez: Jun 21, 15 15:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Version 3.2 Release Candidate 1X

Official builds for Mac (64) and Win (32 & 64): https://github.com/...leases/tag/V3.2-RC1X

There is also a post for feedback in https://groups.google.com/...ah-users/x98CNN8ctx4

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Last edited by: Ale Martinez: Jun 22, 15 11:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
with the "find anomalies" button it is possible to detect at run activities the backwards distance sequences and speed anaomalies (very high speed) which occur while recording the GPS Signal while not moving.
if they are cutted manually and the *.json is saved and GC is restared the metrics are ok.
an automatic feature while importing *.tcx would be helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: Running & Swimming support in Golden Cheetah 3.2 [bigjuergo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bigjuergo wrote:
with the "find anomalies" button it is possible to detect at run activities the backwards distance sequences and speed anaomalies (very high speed) which occur while recording the GPS Signal while not moving.
if they are cutted manually and the *.json is saved and GC is restared the metrics are ok.

You can add an Editor "chart" to Activites Tab which work like a spreadsheet and allows to make these corrections and, when you save them, the metrics and other charts will be recalculated automatically without the need to exit/restart GC.

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hi ale, is it possible to add the additional data in the interval window that appears when i click overlay?
for example the positive altitude of the actual selection?

maybe I am not the typical GC user but for me the selection is not intuitive.
by the way how can i deselect a selection that I created with hold on left mousebutton?

it would be helpful if we have all data displayed when we move the mouse over the curves. at the moment there is only one parameter at the same time visualized.
a helpline which moves with the mouse displaying all data of all graphs selected (like it is in garmin connect) would be a very nice feature.

thx!
Last edited by: bigjuergo: Jun 22, 15 23:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bigjuergo wrote:
hi ale, is it possible to add the additional data in the interval window that appears when i click overlay?
for example the positive altitude of the actual selection?

Yes, interval metrics are configurable: https://github.com/..._Preferences_Metrics, and Elevation Gain is one of a myriad of options.

bigjuergo wrote:
maybe I am not the typical GC user but for me the selection is not intuitive.
by the way how can i deselect a selection that I created with hold on left mousebutton?

That selection appears as a new interval which is selected, you can change the selection or delete it using the intervals sidebar: https://github.com/...ities-view#intervals

bigjuergo wrote:
it would be helpful if we have all data displayed when we move the mouse over the curves. at the moment there is only one parameter at the same time visualized.

Yes, the data displayed in the tooltip corresponds to the curve you are hovering, you can separate the curves (stack) or show single curves: https://github.com/...tivities#performance

bigjuergo wrote:
a helpline which moves with the mouse displaying all data of all graphs selected (like it is in garmin connect) would be a very nice feature.

The feature set for v3.2 is closed at this stage, but you can propose new features for the next version in the tracker to be considered: https://github.com/...GoldenCheetah/issues

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brilliant everything works as described!

... except the deleting of selections.
if i select one selection (or multiple with ctrl-mouse click) then go to the side menu -> delete selected intervals, no selection is deleted
i tried to perform this operation during i was in all menu items (summary, details, ride, cp ...)

user intervals that i recorded with lap at my garmin, can be deleted.
Last edited by: bigjuergo: Jun 23, 15 9:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bigjuergo wrote:
brilliant everything works as described!

... except the deleting of selections.
if i select one selection (or multiple with ctrl-mouse click) then go to the side menu -> delete selected intervals, no selection is deleted
i tried to perform this operation during i was in all menu items (summary, details, ride, cp ...)

user intervals that i recorded with lap at my garmin, can be deleted.

It should be possible to delete all user created intervals by selection and those imported from a device, but not the auto-detected ones (Peak Power, Peak Pace, TTE, etc.). I checked in my Windows and Ubuntu Linux builds and it works as intended, so I don't know how to help you in this case...

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I restared the programm, now it works, I do not understand why, but I swear at first I had some problems with deleting selfdefined selections.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WRT to working with intervals there is a video showing the new features in v3.2, some of them are specific for bike workouts with power data but others also apply to running & swimming: https://vimeo.com/130530369

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Version 3.2 Release Candidate 2

Several bug fixes, add Moxy tHb metrics and setup pace zones for running and swimming in New Athlete dialog.

Official builds for Mac (64) and Win (32 & 64): http://www.goldencheetah.org/#section-download

There is also a post for feedback at: https://groups.google.com/...ah-users/vXsT9Xq0t8I

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Last edited by: Ale Martinez: Jul 9, 15 16:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is it possible to select an segment created out of an interval from a list of all stored segments somewhere in the menue or do I have to scroll every time to the activity where I defined my segment if I want to compare multiple rides with the same segment?
Last edited by: bigjuergo: Jul 4, 15 4:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bigjuergo wrote:
is it possible to select an segment created out of an interval from a list of all stored segments somewhere in the menue or do I have to scroll every time to the activity where I defined my segment if I want to compare multiple rides with the same segment?

I don't know, segments are a fairly recent addition which I haven't explored yet.

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Version 3.2 Release Candidate 3 available

More bug fixes, updated german and spanish translations, and added some preset charts for multisport use.

Download from: https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/releases/tag/V3.2-RC3

GoldenCheetah_3.2.0-RC3_QT4_32bit_Win.exe - *For Windows XP users/QT4*
GoldenCheetah_3.2.0-RC3_QT5_32bit_Win.exe - *For Windows Vista/7/8 - 32bit OS/QT5*
GoldenCheetah_3.2.0-RC3_QT5_64bit_Win.exe - *For Windows Vista/7/8 - 64bit OS/QT5*
GoldenCheetah_3.2.0-RC3_QT4_32bit.dmg - *For Mac OSX 10.6+ users 32bit OS/QT4*
GoldenCheetah_3.2.0-RC3_QT5_64bit.dmg - *For Mac OSX 10.7+ users 64bit OS/QT5*

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Last edited by: Ale Martinez: Jul 13, 15 5:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Version 3.2 Release Candidate 4 available

Lots of fixes since 3.2 RC3, this should be the last candidate before we release.
In addition to fixing nits/bugs etc a couple of functional changes:
  • Withings scales body fat type measures are supported again
  • Chart sidebar allows managing charts which can also be drag/dropped to install
  • Added a moving average trend line to the LTM plot (good for weight)

Chart management using the char sidebar in Trends is easier now, download from: http://www.goldencheetah.org/#section-download

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since we are approaching v3.2 release here is the what's new list and video tour: https://vimeo.com/135905103

Mark Liversedge wrote:
Technical
1. NoSQL - RideCache in memory with backing store
2. Directory Structure - /cache /config /activities etc
3. Use Native File Format - json
4. CLucene deprecated
5. KQOauth lib replaces libOAuth
6. File Quarantining
7. Google Calendar API v2
8. Measures db deprecated for a Withings cache
9. Preferences changes update optimized
General
1. Improved Merge
2. PMC Any Stress Metric
3. W'bal Zones
4. PMC Metrics on Summary and in Filters
5. CP Estimates use rolling 6 weeks not 2 calendar months
6. Added Ward-Smith PD Model
7. Lots more Fix Tools (Elevation, Power, Moxy etc)
8. Automatic importing of files
9. Hide curves via legend in LTM Plot
10. Improved performance for W'bal calculation
11. Export 'heatmap' of rides for Google Maps
12. Core Temperature Data Series Added
13. Improved Chart editing in Trend View
Intervals
1. Interval Navigator in Performance Plot
2. Interval Auto-discovery; Peaks, Hills, TTE/Sustained, Routes
3. Plot Sustained Intervals on CP chart (ride, season, compare)
4. Sustained Time In Zone metrics
5. Create intervals on the map
6. Drop Segments onto Compare Pane to add all matching intervals
Moxy
1. Direct download from device
2. Import CSV (moxy + peripedal) and FIT format
3. Merge Tool changes
4. Shift S+C to Smo2/tHB
5. Derive HHb and O2Hb from SmO2/tHb
6. Chart ride, 2d, 3d, histogram
Multisport
1. Pace Zones - Running and Swimming
2. Garmin Dynamics - Running and Cycling Dynamics
3. GOVSS, SwimScore, TriScore et al
4. CV Model
Train View
1. Tacx Vortex Electronic Trainer Support
2. Vector Support
3. Moxy Support
4. W'bal as you ride
5. New file format and import process at end of ride
6. New turbos supported.

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Version 3.2 Released

Official builds for Windows&Mac available for download at: http://www.goldencheetah.org/#section-download, Linux builds comming soon.

Some comments for GoldenCheetah users willing to try the Running and Swimming support new to this version:

Pace zones, units, CV, TriScore and xPace:
  • Using Tools>Options>Athlete>Pace Zones you can select your preferred units for running and swimming pace, which is independent of the athlete's metric/imperial setting.
  • Default Pace zones are defined as percentages of Critical Velocity (aka. Threshold Pace) according to Dr. Skiba guidelines in The Triathlete's Guide to Training With Power book, the percentages can be changed and absolute limits can be also defined, independent of CV setting.
  • For running the recommended value for CV is the average pace for a flat running race of about 1h duration, let's say around 15km/10miles for recreational athletes, but it can be as low as 10km pace for a lesser runners or as high as half-marathon pace for elite runners. It is also possible to use the Tools>CP and W' Estimator with two maximal runs, one around 3-5min and other around 15-20min to estimate CV. In addition to Pace Zones CVrun is used as the reference to compute the running stress score metric GOVSS, so it is a good practice to update its value when runner's fitness changes, for ex. each 4-6 weeks.
  • For swimming the recommended value for CV is the average pace for a pool swim or currentless well measured open water swim of around 30min duration, let's say between 1500m-3000m according to the swimmer level. It is also possible to use the Tools>CP and W' Estimator with two maximal swims, one around 3-5min and other around 10-15min to estimate CV. In addition to Pace Zones CVswim is used as the reference to compute the swimming stress score metric SwimScore, so it is a good practice to update its value when runner's fitness changes, for ex. each 4-6 weeks.
  • TriScore metric is the combined stress score for triathlon which takes its value from SwimScore for swims, BikeScore for rides and GOVSS for runs.
  • xPace is the normalized pace accounting for changes of pace and slope so that a run at this constant pace for the same duration would produce the same GOVSS.
  • xPace Swim is the normalized pace accounting for changes of pace and pauses so that a swim at this constant pace for the same duration would produce the same SwimScore.

Some recommendations for working with Running and Swimming Files
  • For running files it is recommended, and for lap swimming files it is essential, to have "Use Garmin Smart Recording" setting enabled in Tools>Options>General with Smart Recording Threshold set to 30sec or more, additionally it is a good idea to check for gaps in recording if data looks weird, Edit>Anomalies can help to diagnose and Edit>Fix Gaps in Recording to fix them.
  • Since xPace and TriScore related metrics depend on accurate values for the speed and altitude channels it is a good practice to run Edit>Fix Elevation Errors (for running) and to check the CV chart and/or "Ride" speed curve for too high or too low values which can be fixed using Edit chart. There is no automated tool for this taks in this version. If the values are too bad or too difficult to fix they can be discarded selecting the Speed column and using Clear Contents on the context menu, in that case the average pace will be used for TriScore.
  • Direct import of Lap swimming FIT files is not supported in this version, it is possible to import them via export from Garmin Connect in TCX format or from Training Peaks/Device Agent in PWX format. At the time of this writing TCX files from Garmin Connect don't include cadence, PWX files from Training Peaks/Device Agent do.
  • For activities on pools, tracks of other measured courses it is possible to enter split times, distances and pauses in manual workouts Activity>Manual entry>Lap Editor, which is enabled once Sport is set to Run or Swim and units are established according to preferences in Pace Zones.

Enjoy!

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good tips Ale, I only found out about the poor (or complete lack of) elevation data in the running files recently. Thanks for your and others hard work to get these sports into GC.
Quote Reply
Re: Running & Swimming support in Golden Cheetah 3.2 [gwman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for the 'Fix Gaps" option to edit runs, what should the tolerance and stop be set to ideally?
Quote Reply
Re: Running & Swimming support in Golden Cheetah 3.2 [jans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jans wrote:
for the 'Fix Gaps" option to edit runs, what should the tolerance and stop be set to ideally?

tolerance=1 since you want 1 sample per second, stop=30 or preferently longer if you know you don't have pauses shorter than that, missing samples up to stop will be created by linear interpolation, longer gaps will be filled with zero.
BTW Fix Gaps is one shot: running more than once does nothing, you would need to re-import the activity to be able to Fix Gaps again, which is always possible in v3.2 since backup copies of the original file are kept on imports folder.

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next