Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Running support in Golden Cheetah 3.11 [Ale Martinez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ale,

Is there a way to edit multiple workouts? I have imported my data and what, for example, to enter Workout Code and Sport on multiples in one go.

Thanks,
Serban
Quote Reply
Re: Running support in Golden Cheetah 3.11 [meste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
meste wrote:
Ale,

Is there a way to edit multiple workouts? I have imported my data and what, for example, to enter Workout Code and Sport on multiples in one go.

Thanks,
Serban

No, there is no way to edit multiple workouts at once inside the program, yet.

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Running support in Golden Cheetah 3.11 [Ale Martinez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, wanted to know before doing all one by one… but ce la vie!
Quote Reply
Re: Running & Swimming support in Golden Cheetah 3.2 [Ale Martinez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update: version renumbering and multisport:

Quote:
3.2 is the version number for what was previously going to be 3.11. It is due for release candidate by the end of the month and will contain the multisport, moxy, trainer and technical updates (incl ridecache, folders and switch to our native file format).
Source: https://groups.google.com/...Ay6eJeMSg/discussion

Multisport features include those already discussed here for running, the equivalent ones for swimming and TriScore, a metric which selects BikeScore/GOVSS/SwimScore according to sport and allow to build a combined PMC based on Power/Pace.
Other options for monitoring multisport training load include SessionRPE and TRIMPs (Classic and by Zones).

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Running & Swimming support in Golden Cheetah 3.2 [Ale Martinez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those willing to try the features discussed in this thread there are new development builds available for Win32/64 and Mac32/64, they are based on source code at jan-30: http://sourceforge.net/...evelopment/20150130/

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ale Martinez wrote:
For those willing to try the features discussed in this thread there are new development builds available for Win32/64 and Mac32/64, they are based on source code at jan-30: http://sourceforge.net/...evelopment/20150130/

Thanks Ale

Is it compatible with the directory/structure of the previous development build ?
Quote Reply
Re: Running & Swimming support in Golden Cheetah 3.2 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Ale Martinez wrote:

Thanks Ale

Is it compatible with the directory/structure of the previous development build ?

Yes, it will run the upgrade again but just to check the directory/structure is Ok.

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New development builds available: http://sourceforge.net/...evelopment/20150213/

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hi, when is GC 3.2 available for LINUX?
thanks for information!
Last edited by: bigjuergo: May 25, 15 9:56
Quote Reply
Re: Running & Swimming support in Golden Cheetah 3.2 [bigjuergo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bigjuergo wrote:
thanks for information!

It's open source, so basically you just volunteered ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Running & Swimming support in Golden Cheetah 3.2 [bigjuergo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bigjuergo wrote:
thanks for information!

I don't know but, if you want to experiment, current development version is fairly complete and stable.
Instructions to build on Ubuntu Linux are included in the repository: https://github.com/...heetah/GoldenCheetah

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thx, for reply.
i did everything like described and ended with this two commands:

$ qmake -recursive
$ make

after that pc calculated a while, I got no errors.

I have now 2 questions:
1. how can I start the program?
2. do I have to deinstall gc 3.1 before?
Last edited by: bigjuergo: May 25, 15 12:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bigjuergo wrote:
thx, for reply.
i did everything like described and ended with this two commands:

$ qmake -recursive
$ make

after that pc calculated a while, I got no errors.

Nice, your build seems to be ok, executable file should be src/GoldenCheetah

bigjuergo wrote:
I have now 2 questions:
1. how can I start the program?
2. do I have to deinstall gc 3.1 before?

1. You can run it directly from src/GoldenCheetah or make a link or add it to launcher, which is more practical for you.
2. No, but you should backup your user data before running v3.2 since it will change the repository to a format which is not compatible with v3.1.

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in my src folder I have only *.cpp and *.h files one python file some matlab scripts and troff mm files.
I never compiled a linux programm in my life.
I think the make did not succeed ;-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bigjuergo wrote:
I never compiled a linux programm in my life.
I think the make did not succeed ;-(

Perhaps you would need some local assistance or to wait for the official release then.

In the meantime try this steps:

Configure MANDATORY DEPENDENCIES
--------------------------------
$ cd qwt
$ cp qwtconfig.pri.in qwtconfig.pri
$ cd ../src
$ cp gcconfig.pri.in gcconfig.pri

edit gcconfig.pri to un-comment these lines:

QMAKE_LEX = flex
QMAKE_YACC = bison
save and then:

$ cd ..
$ make clean
$ qmake
$ make

if make succeeds run:
$ src/GoldenCheetah

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thank you very much, finally it works!

1. i removed the # signs and
  2. after i installed sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev because zlib.h was missing

is this the right forum to post some comments?

i worked a lot with WKO+ 3.0 software in multisport mode and used the performance manager chart for training assistance.

• unfortunately the PCM in GC 3.2 which i compiled does not work. no metrik data is calculated for run, bike and swim. powerdata of bike is available and the CP chart is as expected. do i have to install something else before compiling?

• when i visualize a run activity there is a space missing after "Geschwindigkeit" 05:10 (before the pace number)

i tried to upload a screenshot, but i think i did not work uploading from my desktop.

I would be happy If I can support this project by testing the software.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bigjuergo wrote:
thank you very much, finally it works!

Congrats for your first Linux application build!

bigjuergo wrote:
is this the right forum to post some comments?

I think it is a good place for the multi-sport features, there is also a GC specific google group: https://groups.google.com/...golden-cheetah-users

bigjuergo wrote:
i worked a lot with WKO+ 3.0 software in multisport mode and used the performance manager chart for training assistance.

• unfortunately the PCM in GC 3.2 which i compiled does not work. no metrik data is calculated for run, bike and swim. powerdata of bike is available and the CP chart is as expected. do i have to install something else before compiling?

• when i visualize a run activity there is a space missing after "Geschwindigkeit" 05:10 (before the pace number)

Since this is a development build the config is the same as in v3.1, charts using run&swim metrics must be created by the user for now:
1) To enable power/pace stress metrics you need to define critical power/pace for the date range spanning your data in Tools->Options->Athlete->Power/Pace Zones, see the wiki: https://github.com/...hlete_Training-Zones
2) To have a combined PMC you can create a chart with stress curves (LTS/CTL, STS/ATL, SB/TSB) using TriScore as the base metric (https://github.com/...UG_ChartTypes_Trends). Filtering by sport allows to view them independently.
3) Run/Swim metrics such us Pace/xPace can be configured to be shown at workout or interval level and xx Peak Pace as bests in https://github.com/..._Preferences_Metrics

The space missing may be a translation problem, please change language to english and restart to see if this is the case: https://github.com/..._Preferences_General

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ale Martinez wrote:
2) To have a combined PMC you can create a chart with stress curves (LTS/CTL, STS/ATL, SB/TSB) using TriScore as the base metric (https://github.com/...UG_ChartTypes_Trends). Filtering by sport allows to view them independently.

Some examples for the cited chart, where TriScore is SwimScore for swims, BikeScore for rides and GOVSS for runs:

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
short question:

I have compiled the actual version in a new folder
before I deleted the old folder of the compiled programm

now I have all my old athlete data still available

how can I delete an athlete with all its data? do I have to delete the data from the database?

thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bigjuergo wrote:
how can I delete an athlete with all its data?

In Help->About GoldenCheetah you can find where the user data folder is, then close the program and delete that user's folder with all its sub-folders.

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there i searched at first, but i could not find it?! I also searched for *.json, no files found?!
I wanted to delete the user, because i can not set the correct date in my pace zones. the date is always 1900 instead of 2013.
the metric at running has an extraorbitant high value, since i complied and startet GC for a second time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ale,

In TP there is something they call efficiency with is something like Normalized Grade Pace / HR.

Is there an equivalent in GC that works for the run ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bigjuergo wrote:
there i searched at first, but i could not find it?! I also searched for *.json, no files found?!

It should be there:

bigjuergo wrote:
I wanted to delete the user, because i can not set the correct date in my pace zones. the date is always 1900 instead of 2013.
the metric at running has an extraorbitant high value, since i complied and startet GC for a second time.

May be there is an issue with the OS locale/date format, which are you using?

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Running & Swimming support in Golden Cheetah 3.2 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Hi Ale,

In TP there is something they call efficiency with is something like Normalized Grade Pace / HR.

Hi Marc, there is an EfficiencyFactor for cycling (NP/HRavg in watts/bpm) and it would be easy to add another one as xPace/HRavg but I'm not sure about the units, they are always as proposed in this blog or it depends on metric/imperial setting?

Ale Martinez
www.amtriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ale Martinez wrote:
marcag wrote:
Hi Ale,

Hi Marc, there is an EfficiencyFactor for cycling (NP/HRavg in watts/bpm) and it would be easy to add another one as xPace/HRavg but I'm not sure about the units, they are always as proposed in this blog or it depends on metric/imperial setting?

that's exactly it ! To do it in meters per min / HR in metric or yds per min / HR in imperial would be fine. I use it to track one workout versus the other and don't change my metric/imperial setting.

When you say it could be added : programatically or by some type of configuration setting ? Can a person make up metrics that are the result of operations on other metrics ?
Quote Reply

Prev Next