Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
doh!, to myself, as I just saw the price of the no hanger back plate! from free in original version to $50 in X version

you can just cut the hanger off of the cheaper one.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you've not seen my poor dremel skillz :)

probably butcher the thing to death and then need to order one anyway.

would have been nice had he offered the choice of which you wanted for each brake, either with hanger or without. not saying both, simply the option. probably too small a market to bother

the shock was the 27% price of a complete brake for just a back plate
Last edited by: jeffp: Apr 24, 15 5:53
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I imagine it makes production a bit cheaper to lose the extra part and two bolts, and might have some effect on braking feel to have a stiffer hanger.

I recall being able to see the old hanger move a bit under braking.

Maybe if you buy a sigmaX stem you can get the no hanger omega at a discount? That would be a synergistic deal =)

jeffp wrote:
you've not seen my poor dremel skillz :)

probably butcher the thing to death and then need to order one anyway.

would have been nice had he offered the choice of which you wanted for each brake, either with hanger or without. not saying both, simply the option. probably too small a market to bother

the shock was the 27% price of a complete brake for just a back plate

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run an aduro and am not changing :) never know what USAC will throw at us for requirements for master nats in the future
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Ridley [ In reply to ]
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Nick,

Regarding the P5 used in your test, did you also remove the drivetrain on it as you did on the P2? Also, did you have the dash wheels mounted on it as you did on the P2? I can't see that mentioned in your article.

With best regards

Markus
Last edited by: Ridley: Apr 27, 15 12:22
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Ridley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Nick,

I'm considering purchasing the Alpha X bar to fit to my Lotus 110. It will replace the Mk1 Ventus I currently have installed, since your bar offers the ability to place the pads onto the bar and it will certainly tidy up the cable routing.

I've looked at some length at all of the pictures on your site but am still slightly confused by the routing of the cables. I will be running a mechanical groupset and a Simkins Egg brake on the front (Sigma will go on the rear). I need to run a side entry front brake because of the bulbous nose of the Lotus frame. I'm using a Reynolds Ouzo Pro aero fork instead of the dangerously unreliable originals, and this means that a centre pull brake just wouldn't fit. Would the Alpha X bars allow me to run a cable out of the bottom of the basebar to the Simkins? All of the pictures on the site seem to suggest there are no cable exit points on the underside of the bar. I think it might be helpful to show a schematic of how the brake and gear cables might be run through the bars so everybody is clear. Surely I'm not the only one with this query?

They say a picture paints a thousand words so here's a shot of my problem showing why a centre pull brake sadly won't work.

[URL=http://s144.photobucket.com/...zpswnfz9bvt.jpg.html][/url]

And do you have an expected date for shipping yet?

Many thanks,
Dan
Last edited by: daaan100: Apr 28, 15 1:54
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick, will the Omega X work with the old style Shiv fork that has the two posts for the TRP brakes rather than the current one which suits the Maguras?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Aspo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aspo wrote:
Nick, will the Omega X work with the old style Shiv fork that has the two posts for the TRP brakes rather than the current one which suits the Maguras?

It has an adapter plate that will work with both:
http://www.tririg.com/...60/000_Store_322.jpg

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Aspo wrote:

It has an adapter plate that will work with both: http://www.tririg.com/...v_Frameset&num=3

I see that, but my fork has 2 posts to which the Omega SV currently mounts. You can see them in: http://www.tririg.com/...v_Frameset&num=3

As it stands, I think the back face of the Omega X would sit maybe half an inch off the front of the fork if one was to use that plate.

2014 and up Shiv forks have threaded holes instead of these posts and an insert that's used to mount normal two-post brakes. The posts on my 2011-2013 forks can't - readily - be removed. I don't know how deep the thread has been tapped into those posts. They could possibly be trimmed down to an appropriate length? Just wondering if Nick has tried that.
Last edited by: Aspo: Apr 27, 15 20:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Looks good, but does anyone know if the new brakes will have any toe in adjustment?

Not sure but I think from the way the pads bolt on now, you could get toe adjustment with one of the 'wavy' washers, if it doesn't come with one.

Is there a final answer on possibility to have toe in adjustment or angle adjustement for rims without parallel brake tracks ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nick, the Alpha X bar looks great, very tempted by it, but I'm concerned about the wedge that clamps the stem onto the steerer, the yellow triangular part in this picture:

http://www.tririg.com/...60/000_Store_392.jpg

It seems that the contact area is quite small compared to a normal stem, so I was wondering to what extent you have consulted with bike manufacturers about this design, and whether or not they feel their carbon steerers will be 100% safe when that force is applied over that area?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Aspo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aspo wrote:
jackmott wrote:
Aspo wrote:

It has an adapter plate that will work with both: http://www.tririg.com/...v_Frameset&num=3

I see that, but my fork has 2 posts to which the Omega SV currently mounts. You can see them in: http://www.tririg.com/...v_Frameset&num=3

As it stands, I think the back face of the Omega X would sit maybe half an inch off the front of the fork if one was to use that plate.

2014 and up Shiv forks have threaded holes instead of these posts and an insert that's used to mount normal two-post brakes. The posts on my 2011-2013 forks can't - readily - be removed. I don't know how deep the thread has been tapped into those posts. They could possibly be trimmed down to an appropriate length? Just wondering if Nick has tried that.

are you talking shiv TT? did they change the fork on the 2014 shiv TT? I wasn't aware of that.

the shiv Tri was not released until MY2013, correct?

i'm curious as to the answer as i'd consider replacing the omega SV brakes on my 2012 shiv TT with the new omega X.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tetonrider wrote:
Aspo wrote:
jackmott wrote:
Aspo wrote:

are you talking shiv TT? did they change the fork on the 2014 shiv TT? I wasn't aware of that.

the shiv Tri was not released until MY2013, correct?

i'm curious as to the answer as i'd consider replacing the omega SV brakes on my 2012 shiv TT with the new omega X.

I mean shiv tri. The first one came out in 2011 and crowie rode it to the win in kona that weekend. Since (I think) MY14, the two posts on the fork have been absent in lieu of an insert into which an adaptor plate goes to use either magura hydro brakes or whatever else. The picture jackmott linked shows the Omega X adaptor plate with 2 bolts holding it up against the newer fork, I don't *think* that will work on the fork I have - in the pic I linked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aspo wrote:

All model years of the Shiv TT and Shiv Tri uses the same mounts. Those are M8 bosses, spaced approx 51mm apart. If your Shiv has the posts, you remove them to mount the Omega X Adapter. If it didn't come with them, you just skip that step. In short, YES, the Omega X will work with any Shiv, front and rear. (Only caveat is that on the original Nosecone Shiv, it only works on the rear.)

Regarding pad toe, we didn't design the Omega X with it (see the FAQ) -- any DIY solutions haven't been tested on our end.

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: Apr 30, 15 8:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does one remove those bosses?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Nick. $40 shipping to Canada is way out there for brakes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aspo wrote:
Just a regular wrench. 10mm if memory serves. There are wrench flats on the canti studs.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Tony5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is the cost to have tracking which I believe Nick does. I send shipments all over the world and to have tracking that is the cost. It is a completely different story shipping within a country where it is cheap with the domestic shipper.

Just do what I do and have it shipped to a holding facility across the border and go pick it up if you can or have it shipped to someone in the US and then have them mail it too you which will be cheaper but you still run the risk of losing the package with no tracking number or insurance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
Aspo wrote:

Just a regular wrench. 10mm if memory serves. There are wrench flats on the canti studs.

Wow. I'd assumed they were epoxied in or something. Well that's a lot less trouble than I thought. Alpha X + Omega X come at me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aspo wrote:
TriRig wrote:
Aspo wrote:

Wow. I'd assumed they were epoxied in or something. Well that's a lot less trouble than I thought. Alpha X + Omega X come at me.
It seems that sometimes there is a bit of thread locking compound, making it a little tougher to get them started coming out. But with a little patience and care they always do.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [daaan100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In case anybody else had the same query, TriRig have confirmed that there are cable ports in the underside of the Alpha X bar which will allow the use of a sidemount front brake.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [daaan100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
daaan100 wrote:
In case anybody else had the same query, TriRig have confirmed that there are cable ports in the underside of the Alpha X bar which will allow the use of a sidemount front brake.
Yep, and just to be clear, that has always been described on the features page, and the compatibility page: http://www.tririg.com/...p;page=compatibility

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nick, do you have the total weight for the Alpha X?

My Blog - My Tweets - My Strava
My Bikes - CF SLX, 622SLX, O-1.0, AL9.0, 4.3Disc, Slice BI, C60
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having ordered the bar based on the advice I got from the online form enquiry, I'm now concerned that the information posted in the link contradicts what I've been told.

Is the only way of routing the front brake cable (either bare inner or complete with outer) through the central hole in the stem? You said on the online enquiry that I could route it through the underside of the basebar. I'm not convinced the central stem hole will work on a Lotus 110 frame because of the distance the head tube is behind the nose of the frame. In other words the cable will exit the bar straight into the top of the bulbous head tube and not into open free space beyond the end of the frame.

I still stand by my original suggestion that a picture of the underside of the production bar or a schematic of cable routings would make the whole process far easier to understand. A picture paints a thousand words.
Quote Reply

Prev Next