Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do notice the delta between the Alpha Classic and the Zipp Alumina is pretty constant between the two trips he made to Faster.

I Don't know what the sum total of issues with Faster are, but perhaps the narrowness of the tunnel doesn't affect aerobar testing as much as it might affect wheel/rider testing.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for starters the tunnel is tiny. You need a certain size to make sure you're getting clean data. That tunnel would fit into most tunnels between the screen and the platform where you're testing. You need a certain width so you don't get drag from the walls.

It's also been proven to be non repeatable. I mean when you say this about your tunnel: "The overall view of accuracy and repeatability may not be the same as a tunnel that was built for aeronautics, aviation, motorsports or other scientific research." <- taken right from their website.

They did some helmet testing special months ago. I've got shreds where the baseline helmet is ~ 10w different. The baseline should be the baseline. Or the operator should have caught that the head wasn't in the same position if that was the case. I've seen bike shreds (no rider) same thing. Baselines differ.

Look I wish it was A2 quality. I can't begin to tell you how much easier AeroCamps would be for me. I'm only 90min from that tunnel and we don't use it.

But yes if you wanted to use the search function to find more info you could.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be upgrading to have a better unit on the front of my P2 and my SLC so that is why I would do it and then put the older aero brakes on the back.

Now I just have to sort out what I am going to do with my EE brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Quote:
For the love of aero, why keep testing at Faster?

Bc this way if the results say it's fast you can claim that, but if the results say it was slow well everyone knows that tunnel is fucked up.

Anytime a company tests there, I do lose a little respect for their data integrity. I wonder what else they are willing to compromise on.
Actually, the guys at FASTER have been doing some very diligent work to improve their measurement process, calculations, and repeatability. The first time I went to FASTER was because I was really curious about this new "cycling-specific wind tunnel," and I keep going back because the staff is professional and friendly, the tunnel is a pleasure to work with, and they've shown me they're committed to the integrity of their data. That doesn't rule out the possibility of exploring other tunnels in the future.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The up-down channel for pad mounting reminds me of the lever rollers for the mk II. You look at it and think oh yeah, why wasn't it like that in the first place!! Sure it's not that simple though.

Would have liked me some of that up down adjustment when I fitted my brand new Omega a couple weeks back (yeah me too!!), for some reason I had to mount it onto the fork as high as it would go to make the pads lines up with the track on my Jet 9 with my P3C. This looks loads better and much less fiddly!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Nick, quick question about the new Omega X and Alpha X: hypothetically, if I were to build up a P2 with this front end could I just pop off the cover, pull the wedge, and then undo the stem? If so, that process would really make travel a lot easier for me. At the moment, it's a bit of a circus for me to get my Speed Concept in a travel case.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Hey Nick, quick question about the new Omega X and Alpha X: hypothetically, if I were to build up a P2 with this front end could I just pop off the cover, pull the wedge, and then undo the stem? If so, that process would really make travel a lot easier for me. At the moment, it's a bit of a circus for me to get my Speed Concept in a travel case.
Yes, absolutely! That was the idea behind the split front on the cable hanger.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone tell me how stiff the Alpha is with the hands in the bullhorns? (either past generation or current)

For track pursuit standing starts. I've found the HED Corsair to be more comfortable for starts than the Profile Design T2+. Which is a bit noodly. The Corsair just has a rock solid feel to it.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 21, 15 13:38
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any plans on making a version of the aerobars without the integrated stem?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice stem, any thoughts about the sizes it might come in?

Thanks!

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
Yes, absolutely! That was the idea behind the split front on the cable hanger.

Sweet!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm making no comment about data quality...but can we all agree to dispense with that horrible made-up term "shreds" to describe a yaw sweep? It's all just so "Bro" sounding... :-/

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why is this design omitting the ultra-low stack options that were available in the previous version? It seems difficult to find low stack aerobars. Right now I'm running a Mistral on a 56cm 2014 P3, and I would upgrade to a nice integrated solution if it existed.

EDIT: I see that the Alpha-X definition of pad stack is from the frame instead of relative to bar center. Maybe this aerobar achieves the low stack I want after all, I'll have to do some measuring.
Last edited by: codygo: Apr 21, 15 15:49
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [codygo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
codygo wrote:
Why is this design omitting the ultra-low stack options that were available in the previous version? It seems difficult to find low stack aerobars. Right now I'm running a Mistral on a 56cm 2014 P3, and I would upgrade to a nice integrated solution if it existed.
Not sure what you mean. The low stack options are exactly the same from Alpha to Alpha X, just a 5mm overall stack difference between the bars.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
astig wrote:
any plans on making a version of the aerobars without the integrated stem?
Well, we already make the Alpha Classic which is similar in many respects. No plans to scrap that mold since it's already a wicked fast, very functional bar.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100mm is the only length I can see.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sigma X geometry is posted in the store. 25mm stack, 100mm reach. Then each aero-matched spacer adds exactly 10mm stack and approx -3mm reach. Four spacers included.

For those existing Alpha Classic customers interested in the Sigma X, we've added a Fit Guide for Alpha Classic built on the one we made for Alpha X. It lets you calculate the bar's geometry with any stem you like, including Sigma X.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
I'm making no comment about data quality...but can we all agree to dispense with that horrible made-up term "shreds" to describe a yaw sweep? It's all just so "Bro" sounding... :-/

You beat me to it, I was just going to post to ask what a shred was.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [codygo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
codygo wrote:
EDIT: I see that the Alpha-X definition of pad stack is from the frame instead of relative to bar center. Maybe this aerobar achieves the low stack I want after all, I'll have to do some measuring.
If you know your own fit numbers, there should be no measuring required. Alpha X has a very handy interactive fit guide.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Nick, I am trying to [pick up an AlphaX for my fit bike but....

PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem.

If they are sold out already, congrats!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
Sigma X geometry is posted in the store. 25mm stack, 100mm reach. Then each aero-matched spacer adds exactly 10mm stack and approx -3mm reach. Four spacers included.

For those existing Alpha Classic customers interested in the Sigma X, we've added a Fit Guide for Alpha Classic built on the one we made for Alpha X. It lets you calculate the bar's geometry with any stem you like, including Sigma X.

Nick...what's the ETA on when the Sigma X will be available?

I'm thinking one needs to find a place on my new road bike that's in progress ;-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking the same thing.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to seeing this stem on a bike. Might have to get it

Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jack, has there been any independent test of the Tririg Alpha (classic or otherwise) at all? Especially compared to the newer aerobars (integrated SC, Ventus2, Aduro, PD Aeria etc.)
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the website trouble! Should be all fixed now.

Regarding Sigma X, we are hoping to have stock within 2-4 weeks of Alpha X (so, 8-10 weeks from now), but until we have a firmer time line, we won't be taking anyone's money for them.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next