Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used Zwift for the first time last night. I selected my kickr to pair for power, but I also have a Quarq (which I didn't pair). I didn't seem to feel any noticeable change in resister whether I was going uphill or down hill, just that the speed either increased/decreased for the same power. From what I've read on this thread, when using the kickr I should be feeling a noticeable change in resistance when I go up/down. Any idea why I wouldn't be?
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [manamana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is how my Kickr worked with it initially -- no variation in resistance. But then about a week or so ago, when they had an update to the application, it suddenly started working differently and I would get the varied resistance. As noted above, my preference most times is to ride in 'level mode' (same resistance), especially when doing any kind of structure. But would be nice to have the option to do otherwise. Not sure if they will provide a setting for that or not, at some point.

Are you also running the Wahoo app at the same time? If so, try not doing that.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Started several weeks ago. Riding in mornings. Using Computrainer. It has been working great for me. Definitely push too hard on recovery days, but its a lot of fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [rdman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick newb question....the orange bar on the top of the screen that fills from left to right over time. What is it and what is the icon at the end of the orange bar? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Zwift guys added an FAQ of sorts to their forums this week:

https://support.zwift.com/...t-Questions-and-Info

There are a couple of different "unnofficial user manuals" out there that answer most questions successfully:

http://goo.gl/W8XeeX

http://titaniumgeek.com/cycling/zwift-user-manual-unofficial-running-updates/

That being said, as you'll find in those resources, the orange bar is your "points" - you earn points by going 1km or 1mile, or by getting plus sign power-ups. When the bar fills all the way up, it gets to that icon - a "gift" and you get something new - jerseys, wheels, bikes, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That orange bar is level progress. The icon indicates that there's a "gift" or unlock at the end of the level.

As near as I can figure, you get a +30 or 30 points for every mile you ride, also points for the small and big "+" bonuses. I think you level up about every 1,000 points.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [BrianB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks BrianB, I was running the Wahoo app the first time. I just had another ride on the island without the app and the resistance changed. Such an awesome concept, a quick 45min ride but felt like I got a good workout with some intervals/hills thrown in. Perfect if I don't have a set training ride planned. Definitely pushed myself harder than I normally would on the trainer (if I'm not following a plan/sufferfest vid).
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [manamana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a Garmin 920xt, and it does not come with a ANT+ Dongel. Is there any way to pair with the bluetooth function or do i need to get myself a dongel?
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Experienzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Experienzz wrote:
I got a Garmin 920xt, and it does not come with a ANT+ Dongel. Is there any way to pair with the bluetooth function or do i need to get myself a dongel?

Unfortunately, you need the Ant + dongle. They are not supporting BT4.0 yet which is a shame because I have the Wahoo system which is all BT. I bought the Suunto Ant+ stick off Amazon for twenty something bucks. Not bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [npompei] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw on Facebook there's a new Zwift island coming. Can't wait!

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another island?!? Wonder when they will officially change title from "Zwift Beta" to " Zwift Free Samples".
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Irix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...or to Zwift Premium, or Zwift Pro or whatever they decide to call the paid version.

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [ZackCapets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shouldn't call it Premium/Pro if it doesn't work with the KICKR.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What makes you think it doesn't work with the Kickr? That's about all I've ridden since I got my invite on 12/24/2014 and it seems to work fine for me...

Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [rlhbusl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the official Zwift release notes of a recent software update just this April, 3rd: "KICKR tweaked yet again".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep - that's right. It was awesome from the start and it keeps getting better. Ryan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Irix wrote:
Shouldn't call it Premium/Pro if it doesn't work with the KICKR.

Hundreds of thousands of miles have been logged on the KICKR in Zwift. It may not work flawlessly for all, but in general it works.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [jmX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So....Is TeamSpeak incorporation in the works?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here. I've used it on both my KICKR and with my Quarq running at the same time (for comparison purposes).
I do get a very occasional drop of power (2-3 secs) maybe once every 3-4 rides, and I think it's the connection between my phone and KICKR that drops.
I really hope they add a variety of courses in a near future. It's a really cool tool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was under the impression hundreds of thousands of miles had been logged on the KICKR in Zwift Beta, for debug purposes. And that even after so many miles, you were still working on it. Recording miles only requires receiving data from the KICKR. Sending commands to the KICKR to properly control it while recording miles is a distinct issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
Just saw on Facebook there's a new Zwift island coming. Can't wait!

The new island (Watopia) is awesome! Well done, Team Zwift!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree. I like the length of the new course. With over 1500 miles logged on the original island some new scenery is certainly welcome.

With race season upon us, I have found myself still going back to Zwift. It has been really windy and gloomy where I live and still not making it into the 60s often. Zwift has continued to enable me to prepare for Crit races from the convenience of my home. Finding the time to train with a full time+ job and an infant in the house can be challenging. Zwift has enabled me to do that efficiently. Now that I am half way through my Crit series which races every Sunday, I can confidently credit Zwift with my level of fitness this early in the race season. Are there other methods to gain and maintain fitness, absolutely. For me Zwift kept my volume up and that was the main factor for me.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The "Unofficial Zwift Manual" has been updated with screenshots of where the KoM and Sprint timers start

http://goo.gl/W8XeeX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While your words could be used by anyone to support an app that claims to have some applicability as a training tool, apps designed to function as training tools most often include targeted functionality that is a bit more specific than what we presently see in Zwift Beta. For instance, the ability to create a workout. I think getting that implemented would take a significant amount of work so I would expect to see it slowly being rolled out and tested during the beta period. A training app will normally also give you some ability to schedule your workouts in the form of a plan. From there you would see a host of functions geared toward understanding the workouts you have already performed, and adjusting future workouts to that. And then it is common to see accessory tools scattered all around, too numerous to list, like graphs showing metrics over time (as opposed to just instantaneous values), so you have a sense of context while performing a workout routine (e.g. Racermate,TR and PerfPRO). I think that presently suggesting that Zwift Beta is an app for training in cycling is a bit of an offense to all the hard work others have put into making sure their apps actually function as a training tool. I understand it is possible to utilize Zwift Beta in a positive fashion toward specific goals, and within a specific reality, like you did, but let's give credit for creating a training tool to those who have actually released a working solution for that purpose into the market.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lighten up, Francis.

It is a beta and they will have a workout mode.

I'm a pretty structured bike workout kind of guy and this is how many times I have used Trainer Road since I got into the Zwift beta: zero. It's just far more entertaining and engaging.

Quote Reply

Prev Next