Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [IronSnowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronSnowman wrote:
I'm using the Wahoo RPM with a Garmin ANT+ dongle. Works beautifully.

Oh ok sweet! So I would just need the Ant+ dongle?! Fantastic news, thanks man! They should update their website to reflect that then because it doesn't seem very straightforward
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 'M' Key in Zwift currently does nothing.

Developers, if you are listening, please make this the MUTE function.

I know the volume for each Windows app can be selectively controlled with a click or two, but a quick key would be so nice. And super easy to program.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [npompei] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Just get the dongle.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:

I know the volume for each Windows app can be selectively controlled with a click or two, but a quick key would be so nice. And super easy to program.

The M key starts a group message currently. You can mute the game separate of other programs by using your PCs mixer function.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warwicke36 wrote:
nickwhite wrote:

The M key starts a group message currently. You can mute the game separate of other programs by using your PCs mixer function.

Oops, that's right. I don't have it in front of me. Make it the 'V' key then. Volume on/off. It's a PITA to use the PCs mixer when you're on a bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree a mute function is a good idea. For now, I just set mine prior to getting on the bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If all I have is a wireless Powertap SL+ hub, then the minimum I need to Zwift is:

1) ANT+ USB dongle for my laptop
2) stationary trainer
OR
3) fork stand for the roller (Tacx Galaxia)
4) software + internet connection

I don't need a HR monitor. I'm OK with the virtual cadence via the PT.

Am I missing anything? Wow...that would be kinda cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Cafe Lactate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You will need

1. ANT dongle
2. A trainer (Fluid being preferable for a dumb trainer, you want it to have plenty of resistance potential for sprints and hills IMO)
3. An internet connection,
4. A PC or Laptop that meets their minimum specs.

I currently am running Kurt Kinetic, with G3 Powertap and love every Zwift ride. Should reach level 15 this week. 1,072 miles on the island so far.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not as many miles, but I am loving zwift. I makes the easy sections of my workout pass easier and keeps me engaged in the workout. This is working better for me than trainerroad. Plus, it's always fun to bust it out for a KOM, Spring, or overall lap time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warwicke36 wrote:
I agree a mute function is a good idea. For now, I just set mine prior to getting on the bike.

True, but if I add one more thing to the ritual of getting on the bike, I might just hurl the whole thing at the wall. As it is, I feel like the current process is like preparing for a shuttle liftoff. Fans, windows, tire pressure, dongle, logging in, fuel and water, HR strap, bike computer, headphones, towels... And I'm sure I'm forgetting a dozen things still. A mute button would be nice.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
texafornia wrote:
warwicke36 wrote:

True, but if I add one more thing to the ritual of getting on the bike, I might just hurl the whole thing at the wall. As it is, I feel like the current process is like preparing for a shuttle liftoff. Fans, windows, tire pressure, dongle, logging in, fuel and water, HR strap, bike computer, headphones, towels... And I'm sure I'm forgetting a dozen things still. A mute button would be nice.

Agree with this, 1-million percent!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's coming guys...

Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [npompei] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
npompei wrote:
So I am pretty sure I know the answer to this but I am all in on the Wahoo product line right now with the RFLKT, HRM and RPM sensor - all use bluetooth LE. I see that the Wahoo HRM is compatible with Zwift, but is there any way that the RPM sensor works with it?! Since I think you need an Ant+ Stick to plug into the computer to transmit that data, could a bluetooth usb dongle do the same?!

Don't want to buy another RPM sensor just for this and a dongle as well if I already have an ecosystem I am married to.

We've started the process of getting bluetooth support in, but it'll be a while before bluetooth devices are supported. As of today we only support ANT+ or computrainer.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [jmX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmX, is there a way to use erg mode while Zwifting? if so how?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmX wrote:
It's coming guys...

What's "trainer effect"?
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [gmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gmt wrote:
What's "trainer effect"?

My wild guess: probably resistance scaling factor for trainers like KICKR, Computrainer.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by onebyte [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2. Someone needs to come up with another brilliant product to simplify this (...house maid!!)

Duathlete by choice?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you please make the settings stay the same every game play until somebody changes them? If I like the ambient volume low, I don't want to have to go set it every time I ride. Just have the game remember it (keep a profile) permanently until it's changed again.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [kostya416] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kostya416 wrote:
gmt wrote:
What's "trainer effect"?

My wild guess: probably resistance scaling factor for trainers like KICKR, Computrainer.

Yup!

texafornia wrote:
Can you please make the settings stay the same every game play until somebody changes them? If I like the ambient volume low, I don't want to have to go set it every time I ride. Just have the game remember it (keep a profile) permanently until it's changed again.

Of course we will save settings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know I'm dreaming but...

split screen view so you can watch behind you without reaching for the keyboard (mine is out of reach)?

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jon, if I set "Trainer Effect" to "None", will that completely prevent Zwift from broadcasting any ANT+ commands? (Effectively then only receiving data from the trainer)
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried it for a half hour last night, and I was pretty impressed. The 30 minutes went by quickly, and like others I found myself pushing up the "climbs" and sprint sections. I was running it on a Mac with basically the minimum settings but it still looked fine. The potential is incredible. If they could create a VR IM course and/or team up with BBS for workouts, then look out

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [hwangnyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hwangnyc wrote:
jmX, is there a way to use erg mode while Zwifting? if so how?

Not yet. Workout mode will use ERG mode during intervals, but otherwise the "riding around" is in road simulation mode.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea on timing for this "workout mode?" I can't wait to get it!
Quote Reply

Prev Next