Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [jmX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First off, thanks for the amazing game-makes crushing LT intervals a lot more fun when you can pick people off the whole time!

As for integrating TT bikes, could you make a TT lane on the island with no drafting and a slightly different geographic line than the other lanes so the Strava segments are different? That would be pretty cool, you could drop in for your intervals or TT's and pop out again when finished, then folks could keep a straight up record of their performances via lap times without the impact of other riders.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmX wrote:
GMAN19030 wrote:
Meaning they're opening the beta to everyone or the full game is going live?

The "full game" is a fuzzy concept. Zwift will have features added for the next several years. Once a few more smart trainers are added then we'll not have to filter people out with the invite system, and anybody can just grab it and give it a try.

Jon

By full game I mean one that's out of "beta" and consumers are paying a monthly fee.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my first ride in today and found it to be a great experience. I went a lot harder than I planned but had a ton more fun (not that it's hard to increase the 'fun' quotient on a trainer...). Definitely looking forward to further enhancements! I use a dumb trainer (Minoura RDA magnetic) and Power Tap and found the speeds and efforts to be close to what I would expect riding outside.

Is there a way to set or change the in-game sounds? I use 'crickets' as my white noise when I go to bed so I have a lot of conflicting things going on in my head while riding in Zwift :) One option is to turn off all sounds for the game but I didn't know if I would miss anything.

Thanks again for what looks to be a great game and training tool.

---
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, so I found my one gripe with Zwift.

My PC isn't connected to my WiFi. It's hardwired to my router since the 802.11ac WiFi chip that is on the motherboard doesn't get along with my older 802.11g router. Since the PC isn't on WiFi the Android app doesn't recognize that I'm riding and only give me the remote view. I'd really love to be able to use the Android app since it looks like it will only enhance the experience, but I don't want to have to go out and buy a WiFi card or a new router.

Is there any way around this???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using a kurt kinetic road machine with virtual power. I have a blue ANT/Bluetooth speed/cadence sensor.

I run Zwift concurrently with Trainer Road. TR has power values about 20 watts higher than Zwift. Why would that be?
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [IronSnowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronSnowman wrote:

My PC isn't connected to my WiFi. It's hardwired to my router since the 802.11ac WiFi chip that is on the motherboard doesn't get along with my older 802.11g router. Since the PC isn't on WiFi the Android app doesn't recognize that I'm riding and only give me the remote view. I'd really love to be able to use the Android app since it looks like it will only enhance the experience, but I don't want to have to go out and buy a WiFi card or a new router.

As long as you're on the same network it should just work. I'm wired to my home network (or office network) and my phone is of course on wifi. Works just fine in both cases. Being on the same router is the only requirement. If that isn't working then open a support ticket and we'll get it to the right person.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [MonkeyClaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MonkeyClaw wrote:
I got my first ride in today and found it to be a great experience. I went a lot harder than I planned but had a ton more fun (not that it's hard to increase the 'fun' quotient on a trainer...). Definitely looking forward to further enhancements! I use a dumb trainer (Minoura RDA magnetic) and Power Tap and found the speeds and efforts to be close to what I would expect riding outside.

Is there a way to set or change the in-game sounds? I use 'crickets' as my white noise when I go to bed so I have a lot of conflicting things going on in my head while riding in Zwift :) One option is to turn off all sounds for the game but I didn't know if I would miss anything.

Thanks again for what looks to be a great game and training tool.

Volume controls are in our config screen which is being worked on currently. You'll also be able to edit smart trainer effect, metric/imperial, fullscreen mode, and a couple of other minor things.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [hank rearden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hank rearden wrote:
I'm using a kurt kinetic road machine with virtual power. I have a blue ANT/Bluetooth speed/cadence sensor.

I run Zwift concurrently with Trainer Road. TR has power values about 20 watts higher than Zwift. Why would that be?

Well, their made up number and our made up number not matching isn't that much of a surprise. :)

The formula straight from Kurt Kinetic actually is 40w high in some cases compared to our units here. Our goal is to make sure the trainers we have in house match what our in house power meters tell us. We don't have the goal of matching to other software or even matching what the manufacturers say their curve is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmX wrote:
IronSnowman wrote:

As long as you're on the same network it should just work. I'm wired to my home network (or office network) and my phone is of course on wifi. Works just fine in both cases. Being on the same router is the only requirement. If that isn't working then open a support ticket and we'll get it to the right person.

Thanks Jim. I submitted a ticket. Funny thing is, the first time I logged on from my PC it was on the WiFi and the app worked correctly. I just wish I could get that Broadcom WiFi chip to work with older routers. I guess it's a pretty common issue with no real resolution other than to upgrade the router.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got on with my mac. Worked perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahh.... That explains it. I thought everyone was using the same powercurve. Makes sense, thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got to get on for the first time last night. It was an awesome experience. It was difficult to not want to hop on everyone's wheel that passed you, but it was never a boring ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My thoughts?

I TT so you are on the clock, solo. Might pass your 30 second guy(s) but no drafting. So you have a specific course for that. Otherwise, for tri and TT I think it should be a separate place, world, room, you know what I mean. So you choose to ride your TT Tri bike and it has different course or the same but no drafting, etc.

Are you looking at venues to copy like Alpe d'Huez and other locations like Kona, etc.?

Good stuff!

CyclingSessions

Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Plomassa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plomassa wrote:
Got to get on for the first time last night. It was an awesome experience. It was difficult to not want to hop on everyone's wheel that passed you, but it was never a boring ride.

That's what's known as the "zwift effect" ... I will say it is hard to stay disciplined on an endurance or recovery ride, but I have been able to do so. My favorite rides have been my 100miler which was a hammerfest for the first 50 miles, then a hard endurance ride for the last 50. And the Metric Century I did last Saturday, which was an all out Hammerfest for the whole 63 miles. I was able to hold my December FTP for just shy of 3 hours during that ride. It was the zeift effect keeping me pushing hard. Refusing to get dropped and pushing myself MUCH much harder than I have before. I thought I was going to need help off my bike when we were done.

I cannot wait to re-FTP test as I KNOW I have made significant gains... I credit that all to Zwift keeping me riding 6-7 days a week for the past 2 months... where in the previous winters I have lost interest in the depths of the Maine winters.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if Zwift supports the Powersync Bluetooth trainers from Saris? I've got my invite and am in between trainers. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your holding your FTP for 3 hours, your FTP is too low :). But I hear ya, Zwift is awesome like that.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [hwangnyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right, that's why i said I need to re test as things have changed. That previous FTP test was in December, so clearly I have made good gains in a short time. I had been fairly hovering around that previous FTP for about a year, so I am very happy with my results.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about nicknames? With the choice of displaying our name or nickname? Or combo of both (e.g. J. "The Hammer" Mott or T. "The Nail" Miller, etc.).

---
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got on Zwift today. VERY cool! Is there no spin-down calibration feature? (sorry if asked before ... thread is too long to read it all)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warwicke36 wrote:
Plomassa wrote:

That's what's known as the "zwift effect" ... I will say it is hard to stay disciplined on an endurance or recovery ride, but I have been able to do so. My favorite rides have been my 100miler which was a hammerfest for the first 50 miles, then a hard endurance ride for the last 50. And the Metric Century I did last Saturday, which was an all out Hammerfest for the whole 63 miles. I was able to hold my December FTP for just shy of 3 hours during that ride. It was the zeift effect keeping me pushing hard. Refusing to get dropped and pushing myself MUCH much harder than I have before. I thought I was going to need help off my bike when we were done.

I cannot wait to re-FTP test as I KNOW I have made significant gains... I credit that all to Zwift keeping me riding 6-7 days a week for the past 2 months... where in the previous winters I have lost interest in the depths of the Maine winters.

Dude, This 63 miler riding partner must be a jerk. Why would they turn that into a 63 mile Hammerfest. What a tool. LOL!!!

Zwift is an FTP building machine. Almost every ride is a pyramid workout. I have actually used that as a workout strategy a few time. Every rider that passes me I go with them. I keep doing it until I can't go anymore. Then I go back to zone1/2 for a few minutes and start over grabbing wheels. It is good for a workout but also it has no true structure so it forces you to adapt to different/unexpected pace changes. Some guys just ride along and others start sprinting and exchanging hard efforts trying to "beat" you. Go until you break and then go again.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [cbs78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cbs78 wrote:

Dude, This 63 miler riding partner must be a jerk. Why would they turn that into a 63 mile Hammerfest. What a tool. LOL!!!

HAHA! I think I am still recovering from that ride :) ... Thanks for pushing pace cbs78 ... let's be honest we were both chasing Nathan.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warwicke36 wrote:
I run 2 ant sticks and run it simultaneously on the same PC. I do TR in horizontal mode and slide it to the bottom of the screen ...it covers a bit of my rider.. it also hides the rider names behind me which I like.
Is it necessary to have 2 sticks? Can't Zwift & TR pull off the same stick?

/Howie Nordström
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [lllusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't believe so. My impression is that the first app launched grabs control of the ANT dongle. I use TR and Zwift together (with 2 dongles) and set TR to relay mode so my TR data is read by Zwift. Works great for getting structured workouts in while having the distraction of other riders on course.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I am pretty sure I know the answer to this but I am all in on the Wahoo product line right now with the RFLKT, HRM and RPM sensor - all use bluetooth LE. I see that the Wahoo HRM is compatible with Zwift, but is there any way that the RPM sensor works with it?! Since I think you need an Ant+ Stick to plug into the computer to transmit that data, could a bluetooth usb dongle do the same?!

Don't want to buy another RPM sensor just for this and a dongle as well if I already have an ecosystem I am married to.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [npompei] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using the Wahoo RPM with a Garmin ANT+ dongle. Works beautifully.
Quote Reply

Prev Next