Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [jmX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jon,
Did my first ride last night. Crashed on me about 42 minutes in. The ride doesn't show up on my dashboard and I have no totals.

The .fit file was in the Zwift folder so I was able to load it up to Strava manually. Is there a way to get it to show up on my Zwift dashboard? I think I earned a bunch of jerseys and stuff and I don't have those either.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [tgarson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm running a regular trainer with a PM and while it's true I can start ramping it up on the descent my trainer doesn't have the resistance curve to crack 800w so you'll still beat me every time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What would be the best Zwift platform for the future?

Are the graphics better on faster machines?

Is the best Zwift platform a cheap PC running windows with a high-end graphics card? Better than a Mac because you could upgrade it easily?
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [hank rearden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hank rearden wrote:
What would be the best Zwift platform for the future?

Are the graphics better on faster machines?

Is the best Zwift platform a cheap PC running windows with a high-end graphics card? Better than a Mac because you could upgrade it easily?

There's something like a 300x performance spectrum of graphics performance between the slowest graphics card people are using right now on Zwift and the best, and the graphics scale along that spectrum. The computer itself doesn't matter much, but the graphics card will dictate how nice things look. A $200 card gives you the premiere experience, the "built in" chip on a laptop generally gives you the most basic.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm now on Zwift, It's a cool thing but not 100% sure I like it more than using videos and stuff. I also paid a lot for the Sufferfest videos so I'd like to feel I got the most out of them.

That being said I'm G. Herdrich and I have only used it once. Will give it more of a go tomorrow morning from the East Coast.

After reading this thread I realized I have a 70" smart TV sitting right behind my rollers. I've been doing it wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Granth9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was doing 2x20 yesterday on zwift and got accused of 'cheating'. Hopefully this means I am getting in shape.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hiw long does it take to get an invite? I put in my request several days ago. I have a brand new Kickr and I'm anxious to get Zwifting.
Last edited by: bobby11: Mar 5, 15 5:26
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [bobby11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bobby11 wrote:
Hiw long does it take to get an invite? I put in my request several days ago. I have a brand new Kickr and I'm anxious to get Zwifting.

It depends on what equipment you have and what place you are in line with said equipment. I put in for the beta on day one, which I think was in early December, and I just got my invite two weeks ago. Mainly because I was a Mac user though.

Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait is almost over for all.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Tony5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meaning they're opening the beta to everyone or the full game is going live?

Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got a few short rides in on the island yesterday since I finally got my PC sorted out. So far I'm loving it. The additional riders, KOM, and sprints are just motivation to push through my workout a little harder than I normally would. I know this is only beta, but its already awesome.

I would love to see a upload to Training Peaks option added and then it would be close to perfection.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got an invitation yesterday. Plan on trying it out today!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe :)

You will see more details shortly on ST.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Tony5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have an idea how to get into ERG mode on the computrainer when Zwifting?
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
me

"It's Simple, if it jiggles, it's fat" Shwarzenegger
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [ZackCapets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats. As of last night, You were the first name I noticed from here on the island!
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When are they going to allow tri bikes and aero helmets so I can alert others that I'm faster while having worse bike handling skills?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully soon. I'm tired of trying to pretend to be one of these cool bike dudes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe if you use the "super aero" boost they should make you look like Kienle. Also, it's perfect for triathlete's because bike handling is irrelevant and drafting is encouraged.

I've got one ride in after getting the beta invite last week. I find the "Help forums" borderline impossible to discern useful information. For example, is there a means of entering body dimesions (Height, Weight)? How do you earn more jerseys and stuff. If anyone's got a link to the "Most helpful" help forums that would be great.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [OkotoksLawyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a facebook page for Zwifters, but I hate facebook so I've never been there.

Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that I read this. It would be cool if you could pick a TT option. No drafting impact but increased aero. Unless I draft I am clearly slower on the island than in real life for my TT bike at the same power levels. Road bike power vs. speed is pretty accurate between island and real life.

So many options... These Zwift developers could be busy for years and we will still want more. No matter what it has boosted my winter trainer time/fun by a bunch. Thanks Zwift!
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [cbs78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I want a tri bike with rear disk, aerobars, and aero helmet. Basically, I want to look awesome. Let's call it the "Raelert Option."

Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [bobby11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bobby11 wrote:

You should be in today. If you don't get an invite by tomorrow just send me a PM (and include the email addy you used to sign up) and I'll dig in our database and see what is holding you up.
Last edited by: jmX: Mar 5, 15 14:01
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [cbs78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cbs78 wrote:
Now that I read this. It would be cool if you could pick a TT option. No drafting impact but increased aero. Unless I draft I am clearly slower on the island than in real life for my TT bike at the same power levels. Road bike power vs. speed is pretty accurate between island and real life.

So many options... These Zwift developers could be busy for years and we will still want more. No matter what it has boosted my winter trainer time/fun by a bunch. Thanks Zwift!

TT bikes are coming, at least for certain 'modes'. We have 2 in the game already and some of the animations for the rider in aerobars are done too. I commute on a Shiv to work somedays so I'm pretty keen on getting TT/Tri bikes in. :)

The real sticking point is how they'll interact with the world. I don't want everybody on TT bikes just to take all the KOMs from the roadies, but artificially balancing the game to make them on a level playing field feels wrong to me. If anybody has thoughts on this, I'm all ears. No drafting and weight penalty are the obvious ones, but I'm not sure that's enough to keep it competitive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
Meaning they're opening the beta to everyone or the full game is going live?

The "full game" is a fuzzy concept. Zwift will have features added for the next several years. Once a few more smart trainers are added then we'll not have to filter people out with the invite system, and anybody can just grab it and give it a try.

Jon
Quote Reply

Prev Next