Prev Next
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [jmX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EDIT because I'm stupid and answered my own question
Last edited by: rjrankin83: Feb 24, 15 17:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. Got my Mac invite today. Got it set up tonight and went for a 5 minute ride... I cant wait to get on in it the morning. Zwift is super cool! Keep up the great work guys.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N." - Wooderson

Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Shippy13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also received my invite on Monday evening (Mac, Quarq). Got it set up last night and rode this morning for an hour or so. I had a blast. My only complaint was that it quickly turned my scheduled Z2 ride into a predominantly Z3/4 effort with sprints!
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [frankis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just completed the metric century this past weekend and got my white jersey, now I'm eyeing the black. It would have never happened without Zwift. I love leveling up and being able to distinguish myself from other riders.

Jmx, any insight into the pricing model when Zwift is out of Beta? I hope you would consider a outright purchase like an app or video game with the ability to buy upgrades (new bikes, helmets, courses etc) or even entry into virtual races. Instead of a subscription base model. Either way, keep up the great work and thanks for giving me the opportunity to test your product.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Shippy13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys are making me jealous! I'm waiting for my invite (Mac, power2max). :(

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [IronSnowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronSnowman wrote:
Just got my invite last night. It didn't specify Mac or PC, but my Macbook Pro will run the software.

I'm thinking it may be time for an upgrade. I've been itchin to build a gaming PC for a while now anyway.

I just got my invite as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [cloy26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for being patient for the mac version. We really wanted to spend months getting some of the core issues resolved in the software before then porting it to mac. I think it was the right choice but I know it sucks for those that had to wait.

I suspect we'll send out another huge batch of mac invites tonight to people who have power meters, so cloy26, you're probably in today or tomorrow.

Once you guys get in, just keep in mind these are still early days. What is coming over the next couple of years is pretty exciting.

Jon
Last edited by: jmX: Feb 25, 15 10:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in on a mac. YEAH!!
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [madcapper2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in on a mac too. Waiting to get ANT key back from my buddy who's borrowing it. Looking forward to a nice group ride this weekend.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An hour on the trainer went by pretty quick this morning. Was expecting some sort of issue with it being in beta but worked great. Only thing I noticed on my Mac is the zwiftapp once opened the app icon turns into a terminal exec icon rather than zwift (has no affect on the game just the icon in dock).

Also hope this will be a single game purchase once finalized, however I'm thinking subscription would probably net more. At any rate I'm hooked and look forward to a lot of miles logged on the island. Need to find some people that set up group rides in the mornings, it was pretty quiet this morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [rjrankin83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mac with powertap combo and got my invite today. Did a 'quick' one lap of the island and was dripping sweat. I can see how rides will likely not be just Z2 but really what's the point of Z2 anyway:-)

So after dinner I actually put riding clothes on and went and did three laps. I noticed what I hope is a mac beta issue- it is a total battery suck. Three laps of Zwift island drained my computer down to the red and I didn't even have that happen doing stage 8 of ToS with three Sufferfest video/Trainerroad sessions back to back.
Last edited by: xterratri: Feb 25, 15 19:15
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [xterratri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm getting a little bored of the same loop :(. I know it's free and beta, and I can't complain -it has tonnes of potential, I'll be happy to pay for it when it's ready for release.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rjrankin83 wrote:
An hour on the trainer went by pretty quick this morning. Was expecting some sort of issue with it being in beta but worked great. Only thing I noticed on my Mac is the zwiftapp once opened the app icon turns into a terminal exec icon rather than zwift (has no affect on the game just the icon in dock).

Also hope this will be a single game purchase once finalized, however I'm thinking subscription would probably net more. At any rate I'm hooked and look forward to a lot of miles logged on the island. Need to find some people that set up group rides in the mornings, it was pretty quiet this morning.

Pretty sure it will be subscription based only. I'm guessing they bank of folks forgetting to unsubscribe because I don't really use my trainer from sprint through fall, so I guess I'm good for $30 a year. It would probably take me 5 years of use to hit the $150 mark and who knows what else will be available in 5 years.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [mattvannus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattvannus wrote:
I'm getting a little bored of the same loop :(. I know it's free and beta, and I can't complain -it has tonnes of potential, I'll be happy to pay for it when it's ready for release.

I have done 850 miles on Zwift island since the beginning of January. I did about 400 going clockwise and have since done another 450 or so Counter Clockwise, including a full 100 mile century ride a couple weekends ago. I am still not tired of the same course. Sure, I will enjoy the release of more areas to ride... but for me, there is always something to keep you having fun.

Recommendations to keep it extra entertaining....

Join Zwift Riders on facebook. There is where you will find Virtual Race and group ride information. There are a lot of these popping up now. Usually almost 1 every day. You can also use this to coordinate just a slow ride with friends if that suits your needs.

Do a full or metric century... trust me I never thought I'd spend 5 hours on a trainer... ever, in a single session. I did my century in 4:59 and it was awesome. About 8 of us completed it that day and got our nice 100mile black jerseys to wear on the island which is motivating all the time....

Start impromptu races, or group laps at speed. Find a pack of guys moving at about your tempo pace and ask if they want to make it interesting for a few laps. Put the hammer down, string out the group, climb hard, draft, try not to get dropped, etc... it really makes the time fly by. ( I was able to ride above my previous FTP by a 10 watts during a session like this) you never know what will happen and you will surely be impressed with yourself when you are done.

The more I use the software the more valuable I see it. Even in Beta form. I am able to stay disciplined and do recovery rides when I have to (this is the hardest damn ride to do by the way) ... endurance days are fun, and Tempo and Threshold days are just about as much fun as you can have on a trainer!

Note: this post isn't directed at you "mattvannus" just replied to you as it was relative to your post.

happy Zwifting, drop a line if you see me out there...

J. Doughty

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1, 980 miles on zwift in 30 days and not bored yet...done several metrics which I never do on a trainer, but it was a lot of fun with the group. also great to mix it up and do trainerroad simultaneously. I have trainerroad control my computrainer, and powermeter for zwift.
Last edited by: MTranquilli: Feb 26, 15 12:57
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [MTranquilli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been on for a little more than a week. Really liking it so far and now being over in the UK and the "crap" weather it gives a good reason to stay in side and ride. Wish it would have been out last year when I was deployed, would have made passing time over there a lot better.

Really excited to see where they continue to take things, and really excited to see them roll out the upcoming workout mode!

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [mcmetal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guess is it will cost between 10 and 20 dollars a month, which seems to be the price point of most MMORPGs - which is where I would put this category wise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rjrankin83 wrote:

That's great to hear it just worked. That's certainly what we're going for ;)

The pricing model isn't totally finalized, but we've publicly mentioned it'll be a subscription. It makes sense considering we have to continuously have server capacity for the active players and it simplifies the issues around piracy.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [mattvannus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattvannus wrote:

Hey, I'm right there with you. I don't think we ever actually expected this many people to be riding this 'test' map so much. I can tell you that we've been spending time on our map editor and we've got the sketches done for what the next world is, as well as a ton of artwork ready to go for it. Soon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First ride on Zwift tonight, really liked it. Running it on an 11" Macbook Air bought in June 2013, with only 4 gb of ram. Ran smooth hooked up to my 32" TV monitor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jesus. Some "recovery" ride that turned out to be... #shutuplegs

And a zwift velodrome would be sick.

Also, gotta do something with the volume. I want to rock out to DMX when I hammer. yo.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [cloy26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy26 wrote:

Also, gotta do something with the volume. I want to rock out to DMX when I hammer. yo.

I was trying to figure out a way to mute it as well so I could have music playing. I couldn't find that option anywhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just mute it using your mixer function on your PC. I have been able to do so, but I am using headphones....

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mugen_EP wrote:
cloy26 wrote:

I was trying to figure out a way to mute it as well so I could have music playing. I couldn't find that option anywhere.

If you are on Windows, you can click on the volume icon in your task tray (lower right), then click "Mixer", then you will be able to individually lower/mute the volume for Zwift. I listen to Pandora while I ride. Works great!

"It doesn't get any easier, you just get faster" - Greg LeMond
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
warwicke36 wrote:
Just mute it using your mixer function on your PC. I have been able to do so, but I am using headphones....

Problem is I have the music playing on my PC as well. The mixer controls both the game and music audio levels. I guess I could play my music somewhere else but adding a mute function would be nice.
Quote Reply

Prev Next