Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [bdcheung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The numbers 1-9 on your keyboard will change the camera angle. After pressing one of those, if you hit 0, that will give you an additional panoramic view.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [jmX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmX wrote:
C_Hassard wrote:
Seeing as though several people have ridden with pros already, including myself, how long until someone becomes the biggest troll in Zwift and makes their name "L. Armstrong"

There's nothing stopping Lawrence or Larry (or even Lance) Armstrong from joining Zwift, however the international Pro cyclists are hand verified and have the orange 'pro' jersey icon next to their name - probably similar to how Strava works with their pro badges.

Jon

There's already a pretty huge troll there in the form of A. Nus. He's good too...

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My laptop setup has been giving me silky smooth zwift rides!

Intel Core i7-4800MQ CPU @ 2.7gHz
32gb RAM
Nvidia Quadro K2100M (2Gb)

I tried streaming the output from my laptop to my TV using Chromecast, and I was getting all kinds of dropped frames on the TV. I think I'll go for a hard-wired connection next time I ride.

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [ZackCapets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has any consideration been given to writing an app to reside on the Xbox One? Considering the universal platform for Windows 10 it might be something to look into.. Plus with it being my main media device it would simplify my whole life. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would hope that setup would play it ;) You've still got about 28gb of Ram sitting there.

I suppose streaming is a bit hungrier though.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the limiting factor for me is the internet speed. I think I get somewhere around 25Mbps down/5 up.

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mac user invites finally started to go out. Got mine this morning. Mac + KICKR + USB2 seemed to be the combo that got me in.

That begs the question... can I not use Bluetooth instead of USB2?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Found the answer to my question in there support section of their website. BT coming soon.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [fstbckadct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd prefer this as well...plenty of processing power, already connected to a big screen, and ethernet internet...

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got the email that Mac invites were going out. Mac + Jet Fluid Pro/Quarq hasn't gotten me an invite yet
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [rjrankin83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got in right away with nothing really special. ANT+ Powermeter, Windows, Cycleops Trainer. Are they starting to open it up to more people now?
Last edited by: habbywall: Feb 20, 15 9:01
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [habbywall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's just being released for those of us on Mac OS X
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [rjrankin83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys, thanks for the patience. I think we'll open the taps on the OSX invites this week. Powermeter people will almost certainly be in the first batches. We've had over 10,000 miles logged so far by beta testers on the Mac version and while it's not perfect it's pretty solid for beta.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a list of the unlockables or achievements available somewhere or do we have to toil until we happen to stumble across the achievements?

I got one the other day for Sprint power output but it'd be nice to have some goals to aim for...

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to say....Zwift is freaking awesome. It makes me want to go get on the trainer and ride, rather than dreading it. Great job!!!

Spot

Quote | Reply
ZackCapets wrote:
Do you have a list of the unlockables or achievements available somewhere or do we have to toil until we happen to stumble across the achievements?

I got one the other day for Sprint power output but it'd be nice to have some goals to aim for...

I actually posted about this asking the same thing in the "Zwift Riders" Facebook group. Mostly everyone said that it's just about leveling up (logging more miles) and some jerseys/wheels come with the more miles. Others mentioned that there's various unlockables for breaking certain wattage numbers, certain speed barriers, etc.

Many agreed that they prefer the surprise factor but I personally would also like to have a list of the unlockables. There's so many jerseys, bikes, and wheels that I have absolutely no clue what it takes to attain them.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got my invite last night. It didn't specify Mac or PC, but my Macbook Pro will run the software.

I'm thinking it may be time for an upgrade. I've been itchin to build a gaming PC for a while now anyway.
Last edited by: IronSnowman: Feb 24, 15 6:09
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else see Taylor Phinney kicking around on zwift yesterday? I did a first test run on the Mac after using it on the PC. It ran great though my ride file got split into 4 separate files. I have been a beta tester since the beginning and have been very impressed with the progress. Obviously some course variety (not just same course backwards would be better for training) but it will come I'm sure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Founder: BestBikeSplit
Amazonian
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Mrcooper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See I don't even know how to get on the course backwards..

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was automatic for me. Yesterday for some reason it was reversed. Maybe they just switch it up every couple of days.

Amazonian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was on last night and that was the same direction I've always had, so maybe I have just always ridden it in reverse? The direction I have always gone the last 300m to the finish is in between the buildings (counterclockwise around the island). Is that the normal or reverse direction?

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah it used to be clockwise. So the sprint was off the flat as opposed to off the downhill.

Amazonian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
everyone is going CCW right now. I saw on another forum that the last update they pushed through switched the direction (about a week ago?) and the only reason people woudl be going CW right now is if they started the program somehow without it completing the update first.

I need a faster GPU, so my machine always has troubles going around corners at high speed. The bummer is that it happens in the CCW direction right before the start of the green jersey zone.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [jpbari] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jpbari wrote:
everyone is going CCW right now. I saw on another forum that the last update they pushed through switched the direction (about a week ago?) and the only reason people woudl be going CW right now is if they started the program somehow without it completing the update first.

I need a faster GPU, so my machine always has troubles going around corners at high speed. The bummer is that it happens in the CCW direction right before the start of the green jersey zone.

We have a fix for this and it was supposed to go out last week, but showed some issues so I pulled it. Hopefully in the next update the lower end machines will steer a bit nicer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

Do you need people to take out tickets for issues like that?
Quote Reply

Prev Next