Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, they added it not too long ago. Performance Travel Trac Comp Fluid. After I adjusted the wheel it seemed to be giving me accurate numbers. Says 194 average watts for my 10 minute ride.

I might have worded it wrongly.

If two people have the exact same classic trainer and are using zPower, with the exact same tire pressure...
Rider A only turns the knob so the tire is just contacting.
Rider B turns the knob 3 times after contact with the tire.

Won't Rider A be able to go much faster because of the higher wheel speed?
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [C_Hassard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Presumably somewhat faster. The rolling resistances would be different, how much I have no idea. Fir right now, since there are a lot of factors that are affecting people performance on Zwift i.e. rider weight input, power vs. virtual power, KIKR performance issues (and their own inherent drift issue) ... your best bet is to use the same setup every time. If you encounter no wheel slippage age say 3 turns. Then do 3 turns every time. Use the same PSI in the tire etc.. eliminate variables.

On a side note. Now is a good time to log in to the website. http://www.zwift.com and enter you height and weight.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A friend is now the Mayor of Swift. I just signed up and have been wait listed. Flashing back to college.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Century group ride on 2-14th. Wheels roll at 7am EST at "Just Ride" location. You will get a virtual centurion jersey when you complete a metric or century (according to Zwift's FB page). For more group rides, join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/zwiftriders
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [GAUG3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really want to do this. Seems like a great way to get divorced on valentines day... decisions decisions.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warwicke36 wrote:
Really want to do this. Seems like a great way to get divorced on valentines day... decisions decisions.

lmao ^This!!
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [hwangnyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got talked into it with a couple guys I zwift with regularly.... I'll set a time for couples therapy on Monday.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did the full century with a group of really nice and strong riders. Thanks for all the laughs guys. Here we are at the end of our 100 mile trainer ride :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice job guys. I think we had at least 8 people do centuries on Saturday, and a few more on Sunday and Friday. We really had fun watching you guys put in the hours, and hope to see some of you sporting your Zwift 'Black Edition' centuries jerseys on the island.

Jon
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [jmX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmX wrote:
Nice job guys. I think we had at least 8 people do centuries on Saturday, and a few more on Sunday and Friday. We really had fun watching you guys put in the hours, and hope to see some of you sporting your Zwift 'Black Edition' centuries jerseys on the island.

Jon

Thanks Jon! That ride was an absolute blast. From the beginning with everyone sporting the bumble bee jerseys and making terrible puns, to the last few miles where people came together to finish in small groups. The community on Zwift is very strong. I have made some great friends, and we now schedule rides together on days that make sense like recovery days or say Century rides :) ...

I will say I do love my new Century Rider kit. Do we get to keep them when the full version is released?! Do we get to keep our stats as well? Please say yes.

Here's an action shot of the beginning of the century.... It started off like a crit. Very fast. Very much trying not to get dropped. 10- 20 bad puns about wearing Bee Jerseys.

And now, we get to ride the island in style as the MIB

Thanks again Jon, Eric and the rest of the crew ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Championship meets / taper just ended for swim season and I had a day off from school today because of snow so I decided to get my first real ride in.

50 minutes and it was awesome. Jumped in with Lawson Craddock for 15-20 minutes and on my third attempt, was able to snag the polka dot jersey! I'm really liking how great this software is already. Excited to see where it's going in the future.

I do need to figure out the use of power-ups though. I should have been saving certain ones for the sprints and certain ones for the climbs. Didn't use any of them, really. Just wasted them. I didn't realize that you had to get rid of a current power-up before gaining a new one at a checkpoint.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hopped on for the first time last night. Just did a 30min ride to check it out. Don't think it is quite there yet, but I see a ton of upside. I'd pay for a mtb'ing version. I'd get them video and data from every trail in the SE if they did a mtb version!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is awesome. Can't wait to receive my invite! This will make the trainer so much better.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N." - Wooderson

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The century was a great ride. I was there for the first 80. (c.schumm). I have been doing the killer bee rides for about a month. Great way to get some good trainer base miles. Did a metric with a few of the guys on Monday morning too. I still haven't got a chance to get the black Jersey. I have to settle for grey for now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seeing as though several people have ridden with pros already, including myself, how long until someone becomes the biggest troll in Zwift and makes their name "L. Armstrong"
Last edited by: C_Hassard: Feb 17, 15 11:17
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Shippy13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
me too, hope to get an invite soon.

All video game platforms have this virtual reality multiplayer stuff down pat now,
just a matter of time before bike trainer software catches up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hassard/Warwick, great photos! The shot of the 3 guys in the black kit is pretty cool, doubt that will happen very often considering how hard those jerseys are to get. Lawson Craddock had a bad crash in the Tour down under so he's relegated to trainer time right now, and some of that happens to be on Zwift.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
C_Hassard wrote:
Seeing as though several people have ridden with pros already, including myself, how long until someone becomes the biggest troll in Zwift and makes their name "L. Armstrong"

There's nothing stopping Lawrence or Larry (or even Lance) Armstrong from joining Zwift, however the international Pro cyclists are hand verified and have the orange 'pro' jersey icon next to their name - probably similar to how Strava works with their pro badges.

Jon
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [lennyk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lennyk wrote:
me too, hope to get an invite soon.

All video game platforms have this virtual reality multiplayer stuff down pat now,
just a matter of time before bike trainer software catches up

Shippy13 wrote:
This is awesome. Can't wait to receive my invite! This will make the trainer so much better.

You guys can PM me your configuration if you want and I can look into it. The people with supported hardware get invites within 24 hours now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got the invite a couple weeks ago, but couldn't get it to work. They did a fine job of going thru the trouble shooting but in the end my computer wouldn't support the game. The computer is four yrs old granted but it was purchased as a gamer w/i7 processor. I was disappointed but oh well. I bought a macbook :-) Hope they write it for a mac soon as it looks fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In regards to the mobile app, if we're already up and running normally on a PC, can we request another invite to get the iOS mobile app? I dont think I originally put that I had an iPhone or iPad with the original invite request.

I currently have an iPhone 4S and and iPad Mini 2.

Thanks,
Conor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will there be the possibility of steering in the future ? This would be more applicable to racing or going over varying terrain.

If so I gather a third party device to go on handle bars might be required, probably ant+ wireless to make things easier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
C_Hassard wrote:
In regards to the mobile app, if we're already up and running normally on a PC, can we request another invite to get the iOS mobile app? I dont think I originally put that I had an iPhone or iPad with the original invite request.

I currently have an iPhone 4S and and iPad Mini 2.

Thanks,
Conor

IOS app invites are full. Apple only lets us send out 1000 ios beta invites. The app is going through approval for the app store now and then anybody can grab it.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [lennyk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lennyk wrote:
Will there be the possibility of steering in the future ? This would be more applicable to racing or going over varying terrain.

If so I gather a third party device to go on handle bars might be required, probably ant+ wireless to make things easier.

Yeah, I've actually had steering in Zwift for a few years now using custom built hardware and a mobile app. How we will get it into the users hands remains to be seen, but it's in the works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you change the camera angle in Zwift?

C_Hassard wrote:
Championship meets / taper just ended for swim season and I had a day off from school today because of snow so I decided to get my first real ride in.

50 minutes and it was awesome. Jumped in with Lawson Craddock for 15-20 minutes and on my third attempt, was able to snag the polka dot jersey! I'm really liking how great this software is already. Excited to see where it's going in the future.

I do need to figure out the use of power-ups though. I should have been saving certain ones for the sprints and certain ones for the climbs. Didn't use any of them, really. Just wasted them. I didn't realize that you had to get rid of a current power-up before gaining a new one at a checkpoint.
Quote Reply

Prev Next