Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [C_Hassard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
warwicke36 wrote:
Cool. Wish I could hop on while you live stream. I will say thing have become MUCH improved since the last update. Z Power is no longer fluctuating and is on oar with real power IMO. They have also made going around other riders much smoother. No more flying around the screen. ZWIFT ON. Good luck with the live stream!

Game seemed to run very smoothly, I'm on a dumb trainer and the drafting/accelerating were fairly predictable. I'll be streaming it here and there, I forgot to have auto archive on the stream but it's on now so the next one will be viewable whenever

C_Hassard wrote:
greatwhite wrote:
I'm streaming the game live for a few hours if anyone wants to check it out/ask questions and happens to catch this post (6pm Pacific Saturday) - http://www.twitch/tv/1horsepower I'll be streaming a few more times this week as well, you can follow to get notified when it's live. Pretty fun so far, definitely tons of interesting directions they can take this game, the graphics, UI, and engine in general are very smooth.

Watched for about 20 minutes and really enjoyed it. Made me more eager to get my beta invite. Should be coming very shortly hopefully?

Thanks man, hope to see you on the island soon

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.onelesshiker.com
http://www.twitch.tv/1horsepower
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [greatwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's your island name in case I see you out there? Ok if you don't want to tell... just cool to "know" some people when ur out there and ride together for a bit.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [MTranquilli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got an invite and did a ride.

I'm just on rollers with a powertap. It really is pretty awesome. I like it a lot.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in. M.Tosh. Just did a quick 11 minute ride with my Cycleops yesterday. So amazing to finally have something interactive without forking over another $1k on a smart trainer. May be on again tonight after 9pm ET

RIG:
CycleOps Fluid 2
2003 Trek 1000 58cm with 2012 Mavic Aksiom Race wheelset
[Stock] Shimano Triple (52/42/30) with a SRAM H50 11-28 8speed

Garmin Edge 705 with HRM, Cadence, and Speed
Garmin ANT+ for the Forerunner

MSI H67M-P31 Motherboard with a DVI and VGA (and unused HDMI) on the board
Intel Core i5 3.4MHz
8GB DDR3 1333
Dual 21" LED LCD's
Gigabit LAN connected to Comcast 105Mbps Blast Plus
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [miketosh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hopped on the trainer on sunday for a scheduled 2 hour ride and ted king and laurens ten dam showed up.

We had 75 guys online or so and there must have been 20-30 of us in a single pack.

Ted was chatting it up, complaining about the weather, and we had a lot of fun while trying to keep up to his watts/kg though im sure it was a recovery day for him

Potential is just so huge...

I lost that polkadot jersey.... lol.
Last edited by: vancity: Feb 2, 15 11:58
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm B. Jackson on Zwift. Going live again right now, I think I have it set so the stream records so it can be viewed later as well so people who can't see it live can still check out the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.onelesshiker.com
http://www.twitch.tv/1horsepower
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So my buddy dropped off my new PC today. I must say the difference is HUGE. The frame rate is spotless now. No more clipping. My Powertap is due back from Saris tomorrow as well so I can ditch zPower (even though it seems pretty accurate now) ... I am thoroughly enjoying this software on a daily basis. Hope to see everyone out there.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warwicke36 wrote:
So my buddy dropped off my new PC today. I must say the difference is HUGE. The frame rate is spotless now. No more clipping. My Powertap is due back from Saris tomorrow as well so I can ditch zPower (even though it seems pretty accurate now) ... I am thoroughly enjoying this software on a daily basis. Hope to see everyone out there.

Should've just built one yourself. Are you incompetent ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't read a spec sheet [/Pink]

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warwicke36 wrote:
I will say thing have become MUCH improved since the last update. Z Power is no longer fluctuating and is on oar with real power IMO.

Ha. Have fun racking up the PR's in the 10-15 minutes it takes for your fluid trainer to warm up and match the guesstimate of power. Zoom zoom!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are my laptop specs, it's 2013. Where do I stand WRT the Min/Good/Best spec recommendations? I thought it was a high end compy when I bought it, but it's also the first computer I've had to buy in a long time and I'm not up to date with all the current stuff. Just wondering if I'm seeing low, medium or high graphics.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
HD 1 TB
Processor 2.3 GHz Core i7-3615QM
RAM 8 GB DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 2GB Graphics Card Ram

Powered by Dalzell Coaching
Last edited by: jsiege11: Feb 3, 15 7:20
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did you use before Zwift to record your ride? Just a Garmin? Just keep using it and upload to GC like normal is my advice. The zwift and Garmin recorded rides match up to each other within a watt for me (speed obviously is different). So far I've been having both my Garmin 800 and laptop/Zwift linked to my PM/Cadence, Speed and HR and they both record without a hitch.

Powered by Dalzell Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [jsiege11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I train on a Computrainer with Power and the data has to be transmitted out from the application to be captured on my Garmin. Without that I'd have to use my race wheels with PowerTap ANT+ broadcasting simultaneously to Laptop and Garmin. While this is possible it's less than ideal to use my race wheels on the trainer as well has have to calibrate my PT to match my CT.

Relay is the best way to get this done and it's a simple bit of code.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [jsiege11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsiege11 wrote:
These are my laptop specs, it's 2013. Where do I stand WRT the Min/Good/Best spec recommendations? I thought it was a high end compy when I bought it, but it's also the first computer I've had to buy in a long time and I'm not up to date with all the current stuff. Just wondering if I'm seeing low, medium or high graphics.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
HD 1 TB
Processor 2.3 GHz Core i7-3615QM
RAM 8 GB DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 2GB Graphics Card Ram

Looks to me like you fall between the Recommended and Extreme specs on their website. Your specs are well above mine and I have no issues with quality/lags/etc. I do have a great internet connection but PC and Video specs are just standard mid level PC - I5 - 4gb ram - Intel graphics.

I'm trying to things installed on my wife's laptop to try it out. It has a much better Nividia graphics card but it is a slower processor - Centrino Dual core. So I'm not sure if it will be better or worse.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
warwicke36 wrote:
I will say thing have become MUCH improved since the last update. Z Power is no longer fluctuating and is on oar with real power IMO.

Ha. Have fun racking up the PR's in the 10-15 minutes it takes for your fluid trainer to warm up and match the guesstimate of power. Zoom zoom!

My Powertap repair is done and I got my wheel back today :) thanks for your concern

EDIT: I was 30 watts higher today with the Powertap than I was for my ride yesterday with zPower. It's all perception I know, but the effort levels were pretty similar. I am willing to concede I probably had a bit of "new toy power" today but definitely not 30 watts/avg worth. I estimate 20-25 watts low with zPower for my setup. I did the same thing I always do in regard to setup. 3.5 turns on the knob of the K.K. ... same tire as before, pumped to 100psi. Since it was a different wheel, there is a possibility for slightly different rolling resistance. The wheels do measure the same I.D. and O.D. so there shouldn't be a ton of difference.

Anyways, It's cool zwift island is growing. Glad there are some people here out there. Happy Zwifting.

Last edited by: warwicke36: Feb 3, 15 14:54
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [vancity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure I see you out there a bunch when I am on. You're a strong rider. Were you on tonight between 4-5ish?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
West coast here, i rode for an hour at lunch today yeah (12-1p)

I generally do 3 one-hour rides mid week and then a 3hr ride on sundays.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [vancity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice, east coast here so 4-5ish for me.

J. Doughty on the Island

Probably see you there soon.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I downloaded the software but can't get it to open without an error. Anyone else run into this issue. The requirements say is needs a pretty robust graphics card. I have an Intel HD Graphics card. Could that be the issue. What would be the cheapest card i could get if i needed to upgrade. I don't really know squat about graphics cards.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [ctbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have an FAQ about video card driver updating. Likely your video cards drivers are out of date. You can send them an error log report. You should send them a DxDiag report as well. Their website support page explains how to do this. Ultimately go to the manufacturer of your pc or laptop and go to their downloads section for your unit. Download the newest drivers. Make sure you get 32 or 64 bit depending on your setup. Hope this helps.

Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [ctbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using a Intel HD Graphic card on an I3 Quad core Lenovo desktop. No issues for me. So I think your Graphics card should be OK. Like already recommended - submit a ticket and/or update your drivers and make sure everything is up to date (windows update).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wanted to do the same comparison with my Quarq yesterday. I have bot zwift and my Garmin recording with a rear wheel sensor. I tried to unpair the quarq from Zwift to use Zpower (I have a KK road machine/RR), and made sure the speed and cadence (read from the quarq) picked up. Zwift saw my cadence, but power stayed at zero and I didn't move even though my speed was paired and working (evident by my Garmin picking up speed).

Do I need to do anything for Zpower set-up (e.g. tell it I have a KK)? I couldn't find anything/where to do that. Just thought it would be interesting to compare the Zpower to quarq power.