Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [C_Hassard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
C_Hassard wrote:
Unfortunately I don't have either of those trainers. I just got a normal TravelTrac Comp fluid trainer.

Thing is, I bought the trainer not that long ago. If I had known that Zwift would be opening up their program to classic trainers, I would've spent the extra money right away for the Kurt Kinetic or Cycleops.

Travel trac is being added today hopefully, so you'll probably get an invite soon. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [rjrankin83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rjrankin83 wrote:
Does anyone know the timeframe on Mac? How are they releasing beta's? I signed up a long time ago and am assuming haven't heard anything because I use a Mac. Do I need a speed sensor? Or will using my PM on a Fluid Pro be sufficient?

Maybe I should look into one of those $100 PC's

I'm working on mac right now, it is coming! We originally had it planned a bit earlier, but decided to instead experiment a bit with the users we already had and try to add a few features here and there, and tweak things like drafting and add a bit of gamification. Anyway, it's still at the very earliest a few weeks out until the very first beta users will be on mac, so if you signed up long ago and already have a power meter you'll be one of the earliest to get it. No speed sensor needed if you have a power meter.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [rlh212] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rlh212 wrote:
Anyone have any luck getting it up and running on a virtual machine yet? I have a mac with a Windows 7 vm and it crashes right away

Many have had luck using VMware fusion with Win7 or 8, but it's not officially supported. I've used it a few times, and I think there's a 30 day trial of VMware fusion which might last you until the native mac version is ready.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [jmX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on a mac, and recently got a p2m power meter.

I have a cyclops magnetic trainer-- I sent an email to update my stats (new power meter). are you releasing betas to magnetic trainers or just fluids?
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [RDL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a power meter it doesn't matter what trainer (or rollers) you have. The only thing holding you back now is mac.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [jmX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just got my invite this morning and love it! actually not using my powermeter, just computrainer. I like the automatic resistance for the hills. I find it a little hard to hold back from sprinting every time I come around for jerseys! Also cool getting dropped by Jani Brajkovic. This will only get better as they add features!
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did my first "ride" today....it is awesome! Time flew past, and I found myself working harder on the trainer than ever before. I can see this getting pretty addictive.

Spot

Quote | Reply
I just got my invite today as well after waiting a couple of weeks. Really looking forward to having a go once the tour of sufferlandria is over

http://www.thedeludedcyclist.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I definitely find it easier to ride more similarly to outdoors. I can't wait to try an FTP test with zwift running at the same time.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for tomorrow and this weekend while zwift is still not on mac and still beta I plan to hook the computrainer up to my mac with trainer road and sufferland videos controlling the workout and zwift on the PC with the dongle capturing powertap and heart rate data - that way I get my structured workout but have incentive to go sprint after someone....

and of course netflix on the tv.....

I do love the toys....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anybody know how to get their Zwift rides out of the isolation of the island and into my Garmin connect or training peaks? I wish is had Ant+ Relay like TR does to make my post ride data upload automatic. Worse than that I can't figure out how to even do it manually at this point.

For this reason I have only ridden on the island once because I see no point if I can't quantify the efforts in relation to the rest of my training. Am I missing something or is this feature just not there yet?

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really easy. Hit save after your ride. It saves it in a folder ... documents/zwift/activities or something like that. Then just upload to wherever by file

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warwicke36 wrote:
Really easy. Hit save after your ride. It saves it in a folder ... documents/zwift/activities or something like that. Then just upload to wherever by file

You can also download it from your dashboard on the zwift website
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Applied for beta Tuesday, got in yesterday! But here's the dilemma... the only PC comp that I had that met the specs was my work laptop, which I thought I'd be able to install the game client on.... but no, our IT had other plans. So... any one have any suggestions on where to get a cheap PC that meets all the minimum reqs. I'd like to keep the costs super low, but may consider upping the amount spent if it could double as a media PC.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [jpbari] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty familiar with web technology and I can't find anywhere on the site to download my file. To me that means:

1. My dashboard is a different version
2. They've poorly designed the interface for this task

I have it syncing to Strava so perhaps I can just export the file from there and then upload to GC/TP from there. Truth being told though, this is far too much work to justify riding in Zwift for my liking. ANT+ Relay fixes this quick and simply. It was fun though so they've been doing a lot of things right. Hopefully they can add this in the roadmap and I can get to more Zwifting in the future.

I'd like the idea of a online organized virtual race series.

------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can only tell you what I did, but here is what it looked like for me to download it. The green arrow and box are mine for emphasis.

Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [ajminn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajminn wrote:
Applied for beta Tuesday, got in yesterday! But here's the dilemma... the only PC comp that I had that met the specs was my work laptop, which I thought I'd be able to install the game client on.... but no, our IT had other plans. So... any one have any suggestions on where to get a cheap PC that meets all the minimum reqs. I'd like to keep the costs super low, but may consider upping the amount spent if it could double as a media PC.

A decent video card is the most important item. If you have a slow computer and video card, it can actually slow down your ride in the game. Look on the support forums, there are several threads about that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No such luck for me ...

------
Last edited by: cshowe80: Jan 30, 15 9:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
huh. The only thing I can think of is that I had not yet linked with strava when I completed that first ride. I will do more rides this weekend and I wonder if that option will be there for those?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's something like "Before X date the files weren't exportable" ... I will look on the local PC when I get home just to see if there are files on there I can use.

You've got to admit though, ANT+ Relay is the way to go seeing how most of us capture everything we ride on some kind of head unit for analysis later on.

------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should still be able to do the method I suggested. Once you located the folder it's easy to upload to strava. That's how I prefer to do it. For me it's 1 less step than going to the website, logging in, and downloading a file that's already saved on my computer. But we all have our preferences... i don't usually have my head unit on with zwift because there are differences in speed and elevation. .. Also you won't have segments show up on your strava. It's nice to check out some of the segments once you are done if you are into that kind of thing.... and uploading from a head unit will not provide that.

Last edited by: warwicke36: Jan 30, 15 10:05
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nightfend wrote:
ajminn wrote:

A decent video card is the most important item. If you have a slow computer and video card, it can actually slow down your ride in the game. Look on the support forums, there are several threads about that.

An off lease PC from tigerdirect.com is likely your best bet. Get one with a 1gb dedicated video card. Also make sure to have 4gb ram. And a decent processor doesn't hurt. I forget the minimum spec for that but 3ghz and up. Sounds right.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm streaming the game live for a few hours if anyone wants to check it out/ask questions and happens to catch this post (6pm Pacific Saturday) - http://www.twitch/tv/1horsepower I'll be streaming a few more times this week as well, you can follow to get notified when it's live. Pretty fun so far, definitely tons of interesting directions they can take this game, the graphics, UI, and engine in general are very smooth.

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.onelesshiker.com
http://www.twitch.tv/1horsepower
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [greatwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool. Wish I could hop on while you live stream. I will say thing have become MUCH improved since the last update. Z Power is no longer fluctuating and is on oar with real power IMO. They have also made going around other riders much smoother. No more flying around the screen. ZWIFT ON. Good luck with the live stream!

Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [greatwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
greatwhite wrote:
I'm streaming the game live for a few hours if anyone wants to check it out/ask questions and happens to catch this post (6pm Pacific Saturday) - http://www.twitch/tv/1horsepower I'll be streaming a few more times this week as well, you can follow to get notified when it's live. Pretty fun so far, definitely tons of interesting directions they can take this game, the graphics, UI, and engine in general are very smooth.

Watched for about 20 minutes and really enjoyed it. Made me more eager to get my beta invite. Should be coming very shortly hopefully?
Quote Reply

Prev Next