Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I havent changed anything I have said. I have gone back and added in pertinent quotes of YOURS that confirm what I have said. I have nothing to hide.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quite honestly, I am very disappointed in how this thread has turned out. I was hoping to find out fellow twitchers who were suing the program to create a sense of community in the program itself.

I was offended by what you said. It was presumptuous and IMO condescending. If it wasn't intended to be so be it. I would appreciate it if this thread could move forward amicably and not waste any more time on this argument.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warwicke36 wrote:
I havent changed anything I have said. I have gone back and added in pertinent quotes of YOURS that confirm what I have said. I have nothing to hide.

Yet you still missed the key part that you tried to imply I called you an idiot before I said one single negative word to or about you and had only posted a suggest that was to help both you and the community.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
please refer to post #24 or better yet, let it go and be constructive, if that was you're true intention from the get go. Let's not waste each others time with internet bickering.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warwicke36 wrote:
please refer to post #24 or better yet, let it go and be constructive, if that was you're true intention from the get go. Let's not waste each others time with internet bickering.

All post 24 does is prove that you don't understand how forums or even time works. Really the order of the posts prior to 24 is all right there for you and anyone else to see.

If you want to let it go and move then you not anyone else needs to understand that this was the post I made that you could not handle....

mrtopher1980 wrote:
warwicke36 wrote:
my friend build me a dedicated P.C. for my trainer.

In all seriousness right now not worth it for your needs

There are some killer deals on off lease PCs for 80-120 bucks, that is cheaper than the win7 license itself.

if you must have an hdmi out then for another 25-50 bucks you can add that.

That is it, I posted a suggestion to find a good deal on dedicated machines. There was even someone saying they were waiting for them to have better mac OS support, those machines could be useful for them.

You decided to be an asshole to a complete stranger for no other reason than you have really bad reading comprehension.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:
All post 24 does is prove that you don't understand how forums or even time works. Really the order of the posts prior to 24 is all right there for you and anyone else to see.

If you want to let it go and move then you not anyone else needs to understand that this was the post I made that you could not handle....

mrtopher1980 wrote:
warwicke36 wrote:

There are some killer deals on off lease PCs for 80-120 bucks, that is cheaper than the win7 license itself.

That is it, I posted a suggestion to find a good deal on dedicated machines. There was even someone saying they were waiting for them to have better mac OS support, those machines could be useful for them.

You decided to be an asshole to a complete stranger for no other reason than you have really bad reading comprehension.

What I found annoying was you assuming you have any idea what my needs are. You had no idea what computer I was currently using. You also had no idea what I will be paying my friend for a "dedicated p.c." ... you had no idea what specs I had him build it to. You haven't even used the program yourself by your own admission. If you were just trying to be helpful I am sorry. It came off as just another condescending Slow Twitch post. And you didn't exactly take the high road calling me too incompetent to build it myself.

I am trying really hard here to believe you had the best of intentions and I took it the wrong way. So, for the last time, let's move forward and turn this post into a positive message. By all means, post good quality p.c.s that meet the minimum specs (or better) ... I feel like I did well for myself. But we don't all have friends to build us P.C.s and we don't all have the skill set to build them ourselves. Links to said P.C.s encouraged.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warwicke36 wrote:
I took it the wrong way.

That is the one and only thing that happened here. You chose to read my post as condescending, the same way you chose to read it as me calling you an idiot. 100% of that is on you and no one else.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow - ppl have been overdoing the T on this thread...
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Drdan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed!

Please don't interpret what I said above as to you being an idiot or bad parent. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok - Back to the topic at hand.

I'm in on Zwift beta. Been donig Zwift and TDG since mid December. I use TDG to do races and hard efforts. Almost all TDG rides are Zone 4+. I usually race 2-3 times a week. I ride Zwift when there isn't a good TDG race available or I just want to cruise. I'm using a Stages PM and Cyclops fluid2 or rollers for my traniing.

This seems to give me good variability in my training and keeps me motivated. With TDG I have done my 1 year best 60 and 90 minute power 5+ times in the last 45 days. On zwift island I have done quite a few 90+ minute trainer rides without getting bored. I did a century on Zwift with some guys a few weeks ago (5+ hours with 1 9 minute break). Last year anything past 90 minutes on Trainer road was just torture. Now it is almost enjoyable.

I would agree with most observations already stated. TDG has the maps/racing/competition side figured out. Zwift has the graphics, jersey, & Strava uploads nailed. I'm looking forward to Zwift incorporating more of the scheduled race style in their future enhancements.

I used Trainer road last year. I will not be renewing my TR when it comes around. The virtual riding is much more motivating to me then chasing a line on the screen. TR is great for the structured stuff but I just try to make my own workouts in the virtual world. For example - VO2 max intervals on Zwift are from Start line to KOM point (4ish minutes). Then recover back to the start line - another 4ish minutes. REPEAT.... I do things like that to get intervals now as opposed to the Trainer road workouts.

I also have broken out a 32 inch flat panel TV for Zwift/TDG.

Give me a wave or jump on my wheel if you see me online - C. Schumm
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [cbs78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a Zwifter. Joined in the first beta back the first of November. Hit my 1000mi on the island last week. It is fun for easy rides and just "mileage" days. I also do Hill Repeat workouts on it. The KOM takes me about 90sec. I recover on the downhill. Usually put in a 20sec hard sprint at the Orange line. Then ride steady until the next hill climb. Sometimes to make the KOM effort longer, I ride steady through Deliverance Hill.

Its quite crowded on the island now. Almost dont need the AIs anymore. Once they start to build more courses, there will be tons of opportunities for workouts, races, and easy rides.

Jeff Abbott - @run1fast
jabbott@headsweats.com
Headsweats - Custom Team singlets $8 / Cycling Jerseys $25
Abbott Event Solutions - Brand Rep and Event Manager
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [bricklayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol ya never know! :-) previous encounter with previous poster lead me down a stupid path. Should have known better.

Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [abbottj123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree the AIs are a bit of a distraction. Prefer to do my own thing and occasionally draft back and forth with another zwifter. Hoping to get a small clan of friends together for a group ride... ought to be interesting and challenging to stay in a pack.

Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [abbottj123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just started Zwifting last week and I love it! There is enough going on on your screen that you don't get bored and the workout flies by. I'm just doing steady base miles right now so I don't do the sprints but I will later on. I just bring my laptop down to the pain cave. I have a 32" TV down there which is perfect to view the screen. I have a PT hub and my HR strap so I get all of the pertinent info. I just have a dumb trainer but it's still cool. I have my 1st FTP test scheduled for this weekend (full hour). Zwift island will make it a lot more bearable.

I've seen some different jerseys on there. Can you earn those??

"It doesn't get any easier, you just get faster" - Greg LeMond
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Dont_Drown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm loving Zwift (J. Titus is my profile). Right now I'm riding the ToS so I am going to be off for a week or so, then back to it.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [Dont_Drown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes you earn jerseys and other things like wheels and bikes as you go. The meter at the top shows you your progress and what level you are. At the end of a ride if you stop it will come up with a summary screen. From there you can hit customize and change stuff around!

Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have they opened this to Mac support yet?

I have a P2M powermeter and a cyclops mag trainer w/ Mac laptop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool, thanks!

"It doesn't get any easier, you just get faster" - Greg LeMond
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [RDL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No mac as of yet as I understand it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The AIs used to be really important. When the Beta first started, I was the only rider in Mountain Time. So I would get on and no one would be on, so the AIs were my only option for riding buddies.
I think the AIs will become important again when the workout features come into play. Zwift will be able to create AIs that hold a certain wattage, or speed, or whatever, and you just have to stick with them. Things like that.

Jeff Abbott - @run1fast
jabbott@headsweats.com
Headsweats - Custom Team singlets $8 / Cycling Jerseys $25
Abbott Event Solutions - Brand Rep and Event Manager
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:
warwicke36 wrote:

I'm having issues with the onboard NIC on the machine I built from spare parts, all I need is a card and i'm still tempted to just pick up one of the off lease machines I keep seeing.

In regards to zwift, haven't used it yet, went to a few times but just keep ending up doing a TR ride. I have no ride scheduled tomorrow so if I work from home due to the snow I'll probably finally do one for fun.

Where does one find such a great deal on a PC? I'd by one of those to use for training in a heartbeat . . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
warwicke36 wrote:
I agree the AIs are a bit of a distraction. Prefer to do my own thing and occasionally draft back and forth with another zwifter. Hoping to get a small clan of friends together for a group ride... ought to be interesting and challenging to stay in a pack.

If you want to get a group together you can try posting on the Zwift group in Strava or on the Zwift support page. I got hooked up with the century on the support page. For the century 6 of us did pretty well staying as a group as long as you were observant and didn't blow someone up that fell back a couple seconds on the climb. It was tough to chase back onto the pack if they didn't soft pedal a little to let you close the gap. We did the century before the latest updates which helped the drafting effect allot. I would suspect it would be even better/easier to do a group ride now.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [vancity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait...you're running Zwift simultaneously with TR (on the iPhone). I must try this.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Who here is Zwifting? [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run 2 ant sticks and run it simultaneously on the same PC. I do TR in horizontal mode and slide it to the bottom of the screen ...it covers a bit of my rider.. it also hides the rider names behind me which I like.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it bad I find the useless fighting on here hilarious?

Does anyone know the timeframe on Mac? How are they releasing beta's? I signed up a long time ago and am assuming haven't heard anything because I use a Mac. Do I need a speed sensor? Or will using my PM on a Fluid Pro be sufficient?

Maybe I should look into one of those $100 PC's
Quote Reply

Prev Next