Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am having a hard time topping 2014, and having a heck of a time coming up with something for 2015.

potential bigger races
Boise 70.3
IM Canada
Silverman 70.3

other than that, I got nothing
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
Excellent! Are you already qualified?

Yes, and how can I forget the Disney Star Wars Half Marathon in Jan!

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am signed up for my first Ironman, Coeur d'Alene.

I need to work back to figure out what races I want to do as part of the build - will look to ST to help. Thinking wildflower or oceanside, as well as a few local Portland Olympic races.

In the fall I would like to do Lake Stevens 70.3 or Challenge Rancho Cordova. I will most likely do a fast half marathon in the spring as well.

My Website || Twitter || Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [mdub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
unless you registered already, oceanside is sold out
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HarryMan is very hilly. Very tough course. Not for those looking for an "easy" race. The oly is hard, the 1/2 is very hard.
The bike goes around Lake Tirorati. 3 of the sides are uphill.
The run is pretty flatish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My race schedule is pretty much the same every year, focused on local running races, sprint tri's and an occasional Oly.

I normally start out the year doing running races, building up to the Sarasota Half Marathon in March. After the HM I'll switch my focus more on tri's and do one a month from May through October, but will still throw in a few 5K's between the tri's.

I enjoy volunteering and will work at four or five events a year.

Thinking about changing things up a bit next year by adding a couple of master's swim meets just for fun.

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HOH is an awesome experience! Did registration open yet? Pine Road anyone? Ouch!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have decided after Ironman Florida to take a year off from tri.

I gonna focus more on Running, Get back to my surfing roots and riding my dirt bike more.

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm still working on finishing off 2014, so:

* Challenge Bahrain Half-Iron Distance Triathlon (December 6th, 2014)

* Chilly Half Marathon (March 1st, 2015) - Burlington (local)
* Ironman 70.3 Oceanside (March 28th, 2015)
* Angus Glen Ten Miler (April 12th, 2015) - Toronto (local)
* Mississauga Half Marathon (Mary 3rd, 2015) - Mississauga (local)
* Ironman Austria (June 28th, 2015)
* Musselman Half-Iron Distance Triathlon (July 12th, 2015)
* Ironman Muskoka (August 30th, 2015)
* Ironman Los Cabos (October 25th, 2015) - if my wife and employer allow me ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
70.3 Mallorca
70.3 Staffs, UK
Possibly La Marmotte for 'fun'
70.3 WC, Austria (already qualified)
IM Wales

Also hoping to ride the coast of Sardinia and then cross over to Civitavecchia and ride through Italy and across the South of France. Just gotta get the time off work...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big races will be......

Florida Ironman 70.3
Raleigh Ironman 70.3
Ironman Boulder
Ironman Louisville
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"A" Races

Boston Marathon (!!!)
Vineman 70.3
IMAZ

"B" Races
Run Through Redlands 1/2 Marathon (March)
Local Olympic Races (?)

Will be helping my daughter learn how to ride so she can start to race, and being her race support at some local sprints (she is 17).
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [patflynnca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:
ahhchon
Did you do the Mascomaman sprint or 1/2. Did the sprint in 2013 with my wife and friend. Fun little race. Will do it again this summer, not sure which one. How was the 1/2, if you did it. We have friends who have a house on the lake right in the Shaker village where the start/finish is so it's really convenient.

mattr,

this year was the 2nd year in a row i did the half. i have a love hate relationship with this race.

LOVE:
it's a local race, put on my local folks. all the proceeds go to a different charity each year
they have a professional photographer on the course and GIVE you the photos none of that 79 bucks for 50 photos BS.
the bike course is the toughest bike course in the 70.3 circuit in all of NE (IMO)
the run course runs along the lake, through trails and roads. (it was different each year)
it's relatively inexpensive
hanover is nearby (amazing gelato, you gotta try it)

HATE:
it's run by locals, sometimes things can be a shit show (but they are trying!)
the bike course roads SUCK. first year i flatted 3 times and was in 3rd overall when i had my first flat. the 2nd year they had a real rough patch after a steep downhill. i know 2 bikers who FELL off their bikes. one of the guys i know is an extremely strong bike handler, been riding motorcycles for years and always destroys me downhill.
no medals
shirts are fugly as hell
awards are local blueberries (yeah, that's cool, but i can buy those. i want something i can hang to stroke my own ego when i'm down).

so yeah, if you have a place right on the water, fuck yeah, race it man. in fact, you got a room for me? haha.

hit me up if you go. my friends and i make this race a tradition each year. we stay in hanover and go bar hopping (apps and drinks that is) after the race.

john
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [patflynnca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
April- Galveston 70.3
May- Colfax Half-Marathon
June- Kansas 70.3? or Boulder 70.3
June- Tri-the-boat Half Iron- Steamboat Springs, CO (beautiful but tough course, great place for a mini-vacation, one of funnest tris I've done to date)
July- Xterra Aspen Valley
August- Steamboat Springs Olympic Triathlon
September- HyVee or Chicago Tri

Looking forward to a fun year and doing a bit of traveling to Texas and the pacific northwest at some point. Any races anyone has done in the northwest that they enjoyed? I'm looking for a july or august event, preferably half-iron, as the july and august event schedule is not necessarily set in stone. Calgary or Lake Stevens look tempting

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mine is pretty light

after IMAZ a long break then
Vineman 70.3
Big Kahuna (70.3)

then 3 off one training block:
Kona (if I qualify)
Los Cabos
IMAZ

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
December - North Face 50k Marin Headlands
March - Oceanside
May - Either Wildflower (again) or the "Worlds toughest 70.3" in Auburn, Ca.
July - Donner Lake Triathlon 70.3 - my absolute favorite race because it's beautiful, family friendly, and has a tough ride (4200' elevation gain with 1200' in first 4 miles). Very family friendly local race.
September - 3rd annual IMLT (hey, I was there ready to go this year!)

Sitting out Vineman this year. Great course. Tough logistics. Plan accordingly when driving in as the traffic sucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [camtdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2015, i will have some bucket races in mind (pikes peak ascent), my yearly tri to guage improvement (sd international) and 2 half marathons next to my house.

But this year I begin a protest... races are too fucking expensive, limiting quality competition.

I am thinking of purchasing my own timing system (5k$ and clock 400$) and holding weekly cheap 5k's aquathlons at about 5$ a pop. They will be limited to 50-70 people so permits are not needed, to be held in park areas.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM 70.3 St George (confirmed)
Little Smokies 70.3 (probably)
Great western Reserve 70.3 (confirmed)
IM 70.3 Syracuse (confirmed)
Musselman 70.3 (probably)
IM Muskoka (confirmed)

Quote | Reply
To celebrate my 40th year - IM France - we'll see how that goes

After that, I would like to accumulate enough ultra points to qualify for the Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc - now thats going to be a bit tricky I think, but we'll see what happens in the second half of next year

For my 41st, I think I want to do one of the Haut route bike trips - that will involve some solid negotiating with my better half

I may do local running races and perhaps tri's in Bahrain, AD and Dubai if they fit in
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know if you've registered yet, but I have a 10% off discount code for Quassy-

TRNT15

You can count me in for it!

Tim Russell, Pro Triathlete

Instagram- @timbikerun
Quote Reply
Post deleted by PcB [ In reply to ]
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [paulcburton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2015 is planning out quite nicely... Major events:

March- Althorp National Duathlon, UK
March- Clumberside National Duathlon, UK
April- Liege-Bastogne-Liege sportive 280km, Belgium (watch the pros the next day)
October- Oulton Park National Duathlon, UK

Rest of the year will be time trialing and 5k and 10k racing, maybe a half marathon later in the year, but to age group for Duathlon is my main target. And a sub 10 hours at Liege
Quote Reply

Prev Next