Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trying to keep this year local:
May- AmZof LC
July- Escarpment run
August- PeasantMan
Sept- (hopefully) SOS
OCT-SOTM- it was a really fun race, nice to close out the year with that kind of vibe, hope it is on for 2015
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [JAH294] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JAH294 wrote:
Already registered for:

Puerto Rico 70.3
NOLA 70.3
Alcatraz
IM Boulder
IM Maryland
IM Louisville

70.3 WC in Austria
IMAZ (will register the day before this year)

Maryland and Louisville are 1 week apart. You will choose 1, or you plan on doing both? That's one heavy race schedule, regardless!
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahhchon
Did you do the Mascomaman sprint or 1/2. Did the sprint in 2013 with my wife and friend. Fun little race. Will do it again this summer, not sure which one. How was the 1/2, if you did it. We have friends who have a house on the lake right in the Shaker village where the start/finish is so it's really convenient.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bunch of swim meets. If I'm swimming where I want to be in January / February, then I'll go back home and do Bermuda National Champs in May. They just built a brand new long course pool. Race against all the kids and get my ass kicked!!

gonna try to race 1 or 2 tris in the summer - local events only, I can sign up the week before. All depends how my back feels. If I do, then it'll be a sprint distance and a half-iron distance race - Epic Dartmouth.

Unfortunately, the timing isn't great since the half is only a month after my primary swim target. It may be a case of just going for the swim prime and surviving the rest.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Studying for the CFA, so the first half of the year is always light.

March: Hell of Hunterdon is typically the most fun I get on a bike all year
April: Boston (maybe Battenkill for a weekend double?)
July - NJ State Olympic
August - West Point & IM 70.3 WC's
September - maybe Westchester Olympic to grab an Alcatraz slot

Depending on the result @ IMAZ next month, I'll be adding Kona or looking to do another IM in September/ October 2015

Thoughts on being an Urban Triathlete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Patriot half in June
OOB half in August
Beach2Beacon 10K in august
Few 5Ks for fun sprinkled in

I just don't race a whole lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Houston Half Mary
San Juan 70.3
Texas 70.3
ITU Worlds Long Course
IM Boulder
Worlds 70.3 (if Q and take slot)
Silverman 70.3 (optional)
Austin 70.3

2016:
IMFL #12
http://www.bestbikesplit.com
Last edited by: DFWTri: Oct 16, 14 7:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Big Horn 100 mile. Bridger Ridge Run The Rut 50k The Elk 50M or 100m......................Trying to find an 5/10k open water to do

Sadly just do not have the money for tri's. Hopefully I can do one more IM. Living in Montana, Ultra's are just a drive away
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both. :) I love racing!
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
My race calendar simply rolls over from this fiscal year to the next. I kinda like routine. Ditto for my race goals, which are generic enough to roll over.

c'mon man! you're close enough for the Rat Snake!! YellowJacket Racing will be timing again so there's some professionalism...

The Rat Snake:
A Tribute Race at Gilbert Lake State Park, Laurens, NY May 16 2015
Follow the Rat Snake on Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [dforbes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dforbes wrote:
c'mon man! you're close enough for the Rat Snake!! YellowJacket Racing will be timing again so there's some professionalism...

Sadly for the race, I'll be traveling with my track team to a tournament that weekend. I don't do any personal racing during track season. Sometimes, I don't train. It's a tough time of year, in regards to personal stuff. I give the kids all of my attention and energy. Other stuff gets put on the back burner.

Love the concept of a post-race pig roast. Love YellowJacket Racing. Hate 26 yard swims. (But, that's not the issue.)

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Galveston 70.3
Kansas 70.3
Redman full aquabike
IM Louisville
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
dforbes wrote:

Sadly for the race, I'll be traveling with my track team to a tournament that weekend. I don't do any personal racing during track season. Sometimes, I don't train. It's a tough time of year, in regards to personal stuff. I give the kids all of my attention and energy. Other stuff gets put on the back burner.

Love the concept of a post-race pig roast. Love YellowJacket Racing. Hate 26 yard swims. (But, that's not the issue.)

Completely understand. I coach track too but my league meet is that Thursday so I have breathing room to focus on the race prep for a couple of days.

The Rat Snake:
A Tribute Race at Gilbert Lake State Park, Laurens, NY May 16 2015
Follow the Rat Snake on Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Race plan: AmZof
Race goal: Minimize the suffering, enjoy the after party.

No need for any other plans or goals. KISS (and don't swim!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am looking pretty full!!

January - Celebration FL Marathon (BQ run)
Mar - Albanay Half marathon (PR attempt)
Apr - 70.3 Florida
Mar - One of the early season FL races, HITS or Clermont.
May - Gulf Coast triathlon (this is the first time anyone has mentioned it on this thread.. That's sad, its a great race!)
May - 70.3 Galveston
June - 70.3 Syracuse
Sep - 70.3 Worlds in Austria
Sep - Some random half marathon in Italy, just because!
Sep - ITU Worlds in Chicago
Oct - Great Floridian (perhaps the aquabike, perhaps the full as a lark)
Nov - Challenge Florida (Rev 3 Venice)

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2015 is 40 years since I started running seriously, so I'm havering about how to mark that..
maybe back to ZA to run the 2 Oceans 35-miler at Easter, have a permanent number in that race reserved for me, but not sure I can finish 35 miles anymore..
or, it's my first year in the 55-9 AG, maybe just race lots and try to get USAT All-American..
or, it is #1 son's senior year and college-picking time, #2 son's first year in HS and we expect a bumpy ride, maybe just stay focused on the offspring and wait for 50 years of running to celebrate ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I volunteered at that race this year, and just a heads up, the start wasn't in the shaker village this past year, but ive heard that discussions are being had to move it back...it started just down the road by the marina this past year (1.5 miles)
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second those who encourage their kids to give the youth races a try (e.g., Toughkids -- mine (10 and 8) did Croton last month).

2014 was my first season doing triathlons (40-44AG) since placing 3rd (19 & Under AG) at Long Course Nationals back in 1989! I focused on 70.3's (4) + some Olys (including NJ and Natl's), with a 70.3 PR of 5:02 at Timberman -- loved all of it.

After much back and forth, decided to go for the IM in 2015: 70.3 San Juan; [Still debating 70.3 TX, which did last year and where I have lots of family]; Harryman Oly; 70.3 Eagleman (A race); 70.3 Timberman; IMLV (A race).

This thread might help me identify some others (including running and cycling events), so thanks for starting it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
April 19th - New Orleans 70.3 (early season "A" race)
May 3rd - Trizou Sprint (Fun little sprint with an open elite wave and some prize money. Been 2nd place 3 years in a row now, would love to finally win it)
May 17th - Galena Triathlon ? (Neat little event... I used to think to was a logistical challenge.... but then I did 3 IM branded events last year.... it's nothing)
June 7th - Holiday Lake Sprint ? or Pigman Sprint ... aka the Iowa Sprint World Championships. (I should do Pigman, but HLT is a super challenging hilly run course and fairly hilly bike course that a lot of fun and a cleaner lake)
August 9th or 16th - Steelhead 70.3 or Pigman Long Course... aka the midwest long course world championships (finances might decide this one. I really liked Steelhead, but with Pigman I might even win some money depending on how many pros show up.) I might even do the Olympic just to set a PR at that distance. I've never broken 2 hours.
Oct 10th - Ironman World Championships - Kona (goals....the goal I should have had for my 1st IM... Enjoy the swim, relax, bike even and conservative, but move up, run the whole marathon .... Finish!)

Might try and find a 1/2 marathon in the spring too and try for a PR if I'm running well and healthy.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
My race calendar simply rolls over from this fiscal year to the next. I kinda like routine. Ditto for my race goals, which are generic enough to roll over.

Same here. Same races just try to be faster.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of great responses so far (and I'm getting all sorts of ideas for 2016, 2017, 2018...).

I agree on the Toughkids races, too - lots of fun! My kids did Toughkids a couple of times, although they're more into soccer nowadays. I've enjoyed volunteering for the Toughkids race in Muncie a few times. It'll be fun to attend the Toughkids Championship! That will probably be a trip for just me and the wife, since it's during the school year, so I'll plan on volunteering. Hope to see you there!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jan 7-11 Disney's Dopey Challenge
March 15 70.3 Puerto Rico
May 17 Ironman Texas
Sept 27 Ironman Chattanooga
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [pricardo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is Harryman? Im doing that Oly and Rev3/Challenge Quassy Oly....
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got their 2015 race schedule planned out yet? [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first time, too, but, based on some race reports I've read, sounds like a challenging course -- perhaps similar to the RevQuassy Oly, which I did last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
espejo09 wrote:
How is Harryman? Im doing that Oly and Rev3/Challenge Quassy Oly....

really - really cold.
Quote Reply

Prev Next